“Nice, but not on beach!”

Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach
Ranked #9 of 66 Hotels in Hollywood
Highland, Michigan
“Nice, but not on beach!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

Stayed for two nights and three days at this hotel while attending my nephew's "destination wedding" which was held at the Westin down the street. Check-in was very easy. The rooms were very nice, comfortable double beds, flat screen tv's, frig, microwave, coffee maker and sink. The bathroom did not have a tub, only a shower. I didn't mind that, but know some people like to take a bath. There was no fan or ventilation in the bathroom, which I thought was strange. My husband wasn't able to be with me on this trip, so my 25 year old son and I shared the room. So, showering and having to get dressed in the bathroom, I felt sweaty putting on my clean clothes. Our room didn't have the greatest view, overlooked the parking lot and highway, and not much of a balcony. The pool was beautiful, although didn't get a chance to use it. We did have time to go across the street and walk to the beach. The street was very busy but there are cross-walks. Beach was nice, picnic tables available, life guards on duty, and you can rent lounge chairs.

Lastly, parking was $17 per day if you parked your car yourself. It was $19 per day to have valet service. We chose to park the car ourselves, so it was another $51 for the three days we were there on top of what they charge for your room! Wasn't thrilled with that!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Tana F, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Jan K,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.
We appreciate all of your wonderful feedback. For future reference, we do offer room with bathtubs. I would recommend request that feature upon check in. The parking fee is a standard for South Florida hotels along the beach side. It's unfortunate to hear of the inconvenience while getting dressed in the bathroom. This is the first time someone has mentioned it to us so thank you for bringing it to our attention. Again, thank you very much for sharing this review and we hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
  • Turkish first
Arichat, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stayed here post cruise for one night. The reservation was correct and the check in a breeze. Very welcoming staff. The room was gorgeous with views of both the pool/waterway and the ocean, albeit faint view of the ocean.

We can't say enough about the pool!!! We had a fabulous time swimming and basking in the sun underneath the palm trees. The flowers are stunning and we enjoyed seeing the yachts sail by.
There was a local shuttle across the street that took us to the boardwalk and around the downtown for $1,00/person. Awesome.!!

As a heads up, the taxi ride from the cruise port was $40.00 a bit steep but worth it!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Marlin121
Dear Marlin121,

Thank you for sharing this kind review.
It brings us great pleasure to know how much you enjoyed your vacation with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hollywood and hopefully it will be a longer stay next time.
See you soon!
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

I booked for three days through Sniqueaway.com. I was not sure where they would stick me. Maybe close to the "boiler room" since the room was discounted. However, I was pleasantly surprised that I got a very nice room . The rooms are undergoing a nice redo and are very updated, clean and spacious. They remind me more of a small, efficiency condo than a hotel room. They have outside balconies, refrigerators, microwave and a wet bar. I think these units are a very good value. The staff was helpful, not over the top, but acceptable. I did not like the parking fee of $17-19 per night, but even when added to my room cost, the total night cost was very low in comparison to other hotels in the area. The onsite restaurant was surprisingly very good. I usually do not eat at hotel restaurants but this one was worth the time and money. I would stay here again if ever in the area. My only complaint was that the vending machines do not carry diet drinks. When 70% of the soft drink market is a diet drink, it seems silly not to include them in the vending machines. Small potatoes, I know, but there always has to be something to complain about.......not bad when it comes to this!

Room Tip: All rooms that I saw had balconies and reasonable views. I stayed on the north side which also had...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank onceinawhile31
Tana F, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear onceinawhile31,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful review with us.
We are so pleased to know that we were able to exceed your expectations. Your recommendation for the vending machine is a good one and will be reviewed with our executive management team. No one has even mentioned that before so thank you for bringing it to our attention.
We truly appreciate your time and look forward to seeing you in Hollywood again!
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

never seen anything like this in my life. they make it absolutely impossible to change a reservation and give you the absolute run-around. Man by the name of JOSEPH is absolutely HORRIFIC and had an attitude I have never seen before. He started yelling at me and lecturing at me that he does not have to deal with people like me, then proceeded to hang up. When I dialed back, I reminded him that I am the customer and asked him to please help me. He REFUSED to simply change my reservation. Clearly they did not go to customer service school. AVOID HOTEL AT ALL COSTS.

Dear Carol G,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review.
We apologize for the inconvenience when trying to change your reservation. It's not clear what the miscommunication may have been. Certain reservations do have cancellation and modification restrictions. However, we do apologize for the run-around.
Hopefully, at this point the issue has been resolved. If not, please feel free to contact us directly at sales@cphollywodbeach.com for further assistance.
Thank you again for your time and we look forward to hearing from you.
Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

I used priceline to book this hotel and had a very nice stay. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the pool was nice as well. I was here alone and felt safe. The ocean is a short walk across the street. I only ate at the restaurant once for breakfast. It was decent, but overpriced. I saw several people who had coupons so I'd recommend looking for those before eating here (I think they were from restaurants.com, but I'm not sure). I'd actually highly recommend going to the Inter Market Cafe right next to the hotel. Their coffee (especially the Cortadita!) and food was simple, but very good and MUCH cheaper. I had an entire meal here for about $5 (half the price of a cocktail at the hotel bar). I also liked the pizza place next door...good if you are alone or with kids/family.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear M O,

Thank you for taking the time to share this great review with us.
We appreciate your feedback of our restaurant. Just so you know, we offer bed and breakfast packages which includes daily breakfast for two. That might have been the coupons you saw other people using. If you prefer cortaditas over Starbucks, then the cafe next door is the place to be. :) Our staff loves their Cuban coffee as well.
Thank you again for this kind review and we hope to see you soon!
Arlington Heights, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

The hotel is nice but it's further away from the boardwalk than expected. Wished it was closer to restaurants/entertainment/shops. We took the trolley out to the boardwalk every evening for dinner. There wasn't too much within walking distance.
The pool is beautiful and very nice along the waterway. The sheets on the bed weren't very comfortable or soft. And all food options were very expensive at the hotel. Who wants to pay $15 for breakfast??
I thought this would be a nicer place to stay in Hollywood but we will be staying somewhere along the boardwalk and closer to everything next time.

Dear Ivelarde,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us.
We're sorry to hear that you may not choose to stay with us on your next trip to Hollywood.
Thank you for your feedback on the sheets and the breakfast prices. We will certainly review these items with our management team and see where there is room for improvement.
Thank you again for your time.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Hotel situated closer to Hallendal beach rather than Hollywood beach. Hotel is tired from the outside but ok inside. Convenient for the Everglades port and airport. Taxi 30 dollars. Convenient to pick up a water taxi from the pool area and try the trolley bus it's 1 dollar along the entire route. Shops bars and restaurants are on the broad walk on Hollywood beach and is not within walking distance. Overall however it was VFM.

Room Tip: Get a room view of the pool and not car park
Dear Iverlarde,

Thank you for sharing this review with us.
We appreciate your feedabck and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
Hollywood Beach Marriott
#6 of 66 in Hollywood
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,492 reviews
Central Beach
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
#17 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,567 reviews

Been to Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach? Share your experiences!