“Okay Hotel but on the beach”

Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach
Ranked #7 of 69 Hotels in Hollywood
“Okay Hotel but on the beach”
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was nice and was right across the street from the beach. It was a short drive to the downtown area and not too far from Miami. The pool was decent, had a tiki bar. The room was well done. Probably didn't get the best value but tried this hotel on our credit card points.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank YoungTraveler921
mistypfllso, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear YoungTraveler921,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review with us.
We truly appreciate your feedback and hope to see you in the near future.

Tana F.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
  • Turkish first
Grand Rapids
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel from a priceline quote. I was pleasantly surprised. I arrived quiet early and they had a room available. Chris the manager checked me in quickly and the room was nice, spacious and renovated. The rooms had a mini fridge, microwave, bar sink and safe in the room. The hotel is in a good location near the main strip and right across from the beach. A walmart and a few restaurants are about a 15 minute walk away. I stayed here 3 nights and the free wifi was nice. The rooms do have thin walls and the doors slam hard so beware at night as you attempt to sleep. There is a nice pool area and it is near the water taxi. This hotel overall is nice and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room with a view of the river, make sure to not get one with a view of the highwa...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear MMBarnes,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share this great review with us.
We strive to exceed all of our guest’s expectations and it's such a pleasure to get feedback from you when we do. All you r lovely comments of the hotel and our staff services are much appreciate. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Hollywood real soon!

Weston-super-Mare
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We only stayed here 2 nights as a stopover, but were very pleased with the room, it was huge! Lovely big power shower, and it was all very clean. Had a meal in the restaurant, was very nice with very friendly service. Only got to spend one day by the pool, which was great, only thing i would say is the music is played very loud, but they were playing 80's music so wasn't too annoying! Only reason we wouldn't come back is the location.....not enough going on near to the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
mistypfllso, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear PollyDolly44,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review with us.
We appreciate all your wonderful feedback. We will be sure to note the volume of the music by the pool. Regarding things to do in area, you can speak with our concierge for great recommendations of local shops, dining and attractions. Hopefully, the next time you stay with us it will be a bit longer so you get a chance to explore Hollywood. :)
We hope to see you soon!

Long Beach, New York
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I ve had a wonderful experience at the crown.....rooms. Very clean. And roomy......beds. Wonderful !

Front desks ladies...very very helpful.. I was greeted with a friendly and kind ladies. Awesome place...grounds. Clean. Views. Wonderful!!! 10 stars!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Theresa,

Wow! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and appreciate all of the wonderful feedback of our staff services.
We're looking forward to seeing you soon!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed at this property 3 years ago right after the renovation/reflagging and it was great. Now it is getting tired. A little per-emptive maintenance can go a long way.

1st off, the check in experience was comical. The lady in front of me left the check in to go to the car so I asked the agent to check me into using a different computer which she started to but then the lady returned just before I was finished and at the point I was left standing there for 5 minutes as the guest proceeded to ask a million questions. Do you have a bath rooms? Is there an elevator. I guess my frustration is with the guest as the agent was trying her best!

The rooms were about the same as I remember but they just felt a little grimier than when I stayed in the past. Maybe I just received a tired room but some paint could go a long way and there was hair in the bath tub. TV was nice and the bed was fine. The room has a refrigerator so that is nice if you are going to stay a few days.

The gym is weak as no treadmills can go faster than 6mph. I chose to run outside instead. Take care of your equipment, so run down. I have no idea how the hotel booked a triathlon conference during my stay!

Breakfast was good, full buffet, waitress was very nice. They have upstate Yogurt which is a favorite of mine!

All in all for the one night I spent it didn't kill me but I would not consider this a 4 star property. Don't take your companion here if you are trying to impress!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Discerning-Guest23
mistypfllso, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Discerning-Guest23,

Let us begin by thanking you for being a loyal guest to us!
We truly appreciate all of your feedback and apologize for the strange situation upon check in. We will be reviewing your comments with our executive management team and we will take necessary actions for improvement.
Again, thank you so much for this great review and please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or further concerns, sales@cphollywoodbeach.com.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Pros: Location & Pool. One of nicest pools I've had the pleasure of swimming & the water was warm

Cons: Dirty. The entire hotel needs a good power wash & pain job. The outside needs painting & the rooms need a deep cleaning. I had no shower cutain upon arrival & the carpets are very dirty. The lighbulbs in 2 lamps did not work & the maid left the refg. open after cleaning the room. $17 for self parking is a rip off. To top off, I was assigned a handicapped room & I'm sure it was becaue I booked the room via Priceline (shame on you CP Hollywood Beach). Also, 2 double beds is a joke. You shoud at least have 2 queens beds.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear Jeff B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.
It's unfortunate to hear that your stay was not satisfactory but your feedback will be reviewed with our Executive Management team and we will take necessary action for improvement.
Again, we greatly appreciate your time and hope to see you in the near future.

Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Recently, my sister and I had to come down to Florida for a few days to assist our parents move into a new home. We found this hotel on-line and booked it through hotels.com. It offered unusually strong value given the time of year (winter tourist season) compared to other similar level hotels in this part of Hollywood/Hallandale. The room rate was approximately $160/night. The rooms appeared to be recently renovated. They were unusually well-adorned for a hotel in this class with modern, upscale furnishings. The size of the rooms were also very generous and they were clean. Bed was quite comfortable. The hotel lobby is also very nicely adorned with contemporary furnishings and was comfortable for sitting, reading the paper and having a morning coffee. The front desk staff, and in fact, all of the staff we encountered, were unusually friendly, customer focused, and outgoing. Their overt affability was unique in my experience having spent quite a lot of time in 4-5* hotels throughout the world on vacation and for business. A few suggestions for the hotel's managment: the difference in cost between self and valet parking of $2/day is a bit narrow--we couldnt understand why a guest would prefer self-park as it offers little value. Another more important observation: the hotel dining room and bar located down a corridor from the lobby and in the rear of the ground floor are not up to the aesthetic quality of the remainder of the hotel. In my view, the bar is poorly situated in the hotel and would be a much more attractive destination if located off of the welcoming lobby. In the design of the lobby/ground floor level, I think it would have been more sensible to locate the meeting rooms further in the rear and move the restaurant and bar closer to the hotel entrance and the renovated lobby area.

In all, I would highly recommend this hotel for a few nights business related or other stop in which limited leisure time is spent on-site. I do not recommend it as a destination for a vacation as it is not on the beach and overall, feels more like a good value, very well managed, business hotel than a tourist destination.

Room Tip: rooms directly across from ice maker machine may encounter mechanical noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear william r,

Wow! Thank you so much for sharing such a wonderful review with us.
We strive to exceed all of our guest’s expectations and it's always a pleasure to receive the feedback when we do. Your comments are our staff services are much appreciated.
Also, your recommendations will be relayed to our management team for review.
We hope to see you and your family soon!

Tana F.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
Hollywood Beach Marriott
#6 of 69 in Hollywood
Central Beach
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
#14 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach? Share your experiences!