“A surprise treat”

Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach
Ranked #5 of 72 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stay at a lot of the IHG hotels (Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza, etc) and unfortunately the chain in general seems to be on the downswing. But I was pleasantly surprised after checking into this hotel that my room was current, clean, stylish and very spacious. The biggest I've ever had in a Crowne hotel. Also had a balcony with a nice view of the city and could see the ocean which was a big plus. My favorite part of the experience was the pool though. Instead of a typical square pool it was large and curvy with palm trees throughout with a really cool infinity pool that was literally on the edge of the river. The nicest Crowne Plaza I've ever stayed at and really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
mistypfllso, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear Hopethisreviewhelps,

Wow! Thank you for sharing such a great review with us.
It's nice to hear how much our property blew you away. :)
We really appreciate all of your compliments of the property and hope we get an opportunity to have you stay with again on your next visit to Hollywood.
Happy Holidays!

Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

We had a fabulous time. The staff was always friendly and helpful. The pool area was clean and inviting. The rooms were very clean and cozy. The beds were comfortable. The view could have been better but I was down there for a wedding as opposed to a beach vacation. With a car, we had easy access to nearby areas. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Lola32436
mistypfllso, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Dear Lola32436,

We're so happy to hear to enjoyed your "much needed vacay".
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback and we're looking forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

The Crowne Plaze Hollywood Beach had all the qualities that I wanted in a hotel: Value, Service, Location, this hotel had it all and I was also impressed by the associated services as well. On my next trip to town, I will stay at the Crowne Plaza.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Norman M,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your business trip.
We're so happy you enjoyed your stay and we're looking forward to having you as a frequent guest. Don't forget to sign up for Priority Club Rewards, if you haven't done so already, and start earning points with every stay. We can sign you up upon check in or you can do so online.
Thank you for taking the time to share this review and we'll see you soon!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Nice hotel. From the minute of arrival the valet guys are very friendly as are the staff on reception. We had a lovely room which was very comfortable. Pool area very clean and plenty of available beds, nice touch that the pool is climate controlled. Good tiki bar, although service pretty slow if you use the waiter service, so probably best not to be lazy and get up and walk to the bar to collect your drinks. Not much around shopping or restaurant wise within walking distance but only a couple of minutes to the beach, although you do have to cross the busy road out front. We took breakfast there and there was a good selection available and friendly service. Free Wifi in room was a bonus. The only really poor part to our stay was upon check out. The guy fetched down our luggage and the valet brought our hire car (which was immaculate upon our arrival!!) to the front. The concierge/bell boy decided to help lift our cases into the boot. One case was quite heavy and he dropped it on the bumper, pushed the case to shunt it into the boot and hey presto.... scuffed big marks of paint off the bumper. My husband immediately raised this with him and the concierge went defensive straight away, denying he had done this. As we were worried we would get charged by Alamo we wanted the manager bringing out to see this. The concierge would not get him so my husband went into reception on his own and I stayed with the car and our son. While hubby was inside the concierge was heads together with one of the valets for a few moments... Hotel Manager was defending his staff saying he wouldnt have done it, and surprise surprise, valet guy went in offering his help with the "form" they filled in on our arrival showing scuff marks on the bumper. This form we had never seen so fear this had been doctored by them immediately as surely if we arrived with damage they would have told us straight away so we didnt try and blame them at a later date. When my husband suggested calling the police to sort this as it seemed a little fraudulent the manager at that point did say the hotel would cover any charges associated with the damage, so in any event we would not have had an issue in the end with Alamo. Shame we had to suggest police intervention to get that resolution. Apart from that (sorry its a long moan) it was a good stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
mistypfllso, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Dear spanner1607,

Thank you very much for sharing this lovely review.
We appreciate all of your feedback and happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
The situation upon check out is unfortunate but we're happy to hear the manager on duty did address the situation. We're certainly looking forward to seeing you and the family the next time you're in Hollywood.
Happy Holiday!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have stayed at this location several times as I come to Miami on business and pleasure quite a bit. I like the hotels' proximity to the beach, shopping, Miami and Ft. Lauderdale. The pool area is great, right on the Intracoastal. The rooms are comfortable and very tastefully decorated. The front desk staff, housekeeping, room service and valets are always friendly and sincere.

The only reason I am giving a Very Good instead of an Excellent is because of my dissatisfaction in how a situation was handled by staff. On my past trip I left an item in the room and promptly called to locate it. The process was time consuming and I ended up having to repeat myself. One associate handled the situation well and I did receive the forgotten item via FedEx the next day, but I wish she would have asked how I would have liked to have it shipped instead of shipping it the most expensive way without asking. The only follow-up I received was a very impersonal and causally-toned email, in response to the original email I sent in an attempt to locate the item, informing me that the item could not be located. Clearly there was a breakdown in communication. I was completely unimpressed with how this situation was handled, though of course happy that the item was recovered.

I would stay at this location again, but would be very careful not to leave anything.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
mistypfllso, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear BrisaRisa,

First off, let us begin by thanking you for being such a loyal guest and for taking the time to share this review with us.
We're so happy to hear the item was recovered and shipped to you right away. We do apologize for the miscommunication with the email and confusion this may have caused.
We certainly look forward to seeing you the next time you're in town for business. Thank you!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed here in June with my husband who was attending his graduation. The hotel was pretty nice for the price and the views of the intracoastal waterway were quite relaxing. I stayed inside for an entire day since I was conducting research and completing some written assignments. While writing, I felt that I was bitten by mosquitoes and told my husband that they were really itchy and appeared to be growing in size. When I contacted the front desk, they said it must have been noseeums. After a few hours, my skin became very red and swollen. I had three huge red circles on my leg. I went to the front desk and asked for the manager who said that it could not have been bedbugs; however, she sent housekeeping up to my room to check the bed for bedbugs. Two individuals came and checked around the edge of the bed and I told them that I would go out while they inspected the room. On returning, they said that they had checked the room and fumigated it, but no bedbugs were found. The guy from housekeeping asked me where I had been that day and inferred that I may have been bitten somewhere else. I said that I was in the hotel all day and never left the room since checking in the previous day.
On going to bed that night, my husband observed something crawling across the white bed covering and turned the light on...the "non-existent bedbug" was coming back for another meal. We captured the bedbug and contained it in a zip-lock bag. I called the manager who appeared to be disturbed by my call. I explained that the manager, who was on duty earlier, had offered us a specific room down the hall, but because we were checking out in the morning, we refused. I also asked if we could be moved to that room since we now knew that there were bedbugs in the room. He stated that the room was no longer available. I asked if someone took it in the last hour because it was available an hour ago. He was very unpleasant and I asked him to come get the bedbug and just give us a room to sleep in because we had to check out in the morning and needed to rest.
The next day, the manager was extremely apologetic and was very accommodating. What troubles me is that everyone in the hotel lied and told me that they did not have a bedbug problem in over two years. When I returned home and checked the bedbug registry http://bedbugregistry.com/hotel/FL/Hollywood/Crowne-Plaza-Hotel-Hollywood-Beach-Resort
OMG! There were four reports in less than six months. There is also another report for 8/12. These are just the ones who reported it. I never reported mine, but I will now because they are very dishonest. This is a major problem that these unscrupulous individuals are masking. I did not sue, but the next person should because this amounts to gross negligence, dishonesty, and just plain greed. I found out that I am extremely allergic to bedbugs and this is why I became so swollen. Stay away from this place and check bedbug registry before you book any hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank TheSavvyTravvy

Dear TheSavvyTravvy,

We appreciate you taking the time to share this review and allowing us to address your concerns. Please be advised that our hotel does conduct preventive maintenance measures with cycles of pre-treating, as well as proactively testing periodically, as a standard within our industry. We have reviewed these matters and are again in compliance with preventative measures.
Unfortunately with the internet, there are so many opportunities to post anything, which the website you are referring to clearly says “is the responsibility of the authors” and we have nothing on record to document these claims.

Please note – our Trip Advisor reviews have been great, as we are rated #15 out of #65 hotels.

Please do not hesitate to contact us at Sales@cphollywoodbeach.com, should you need to further assistance.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed here over July 4th and had a wonderful time, but be aware that the hotel is not right on the beach. It's within walking distance, but there are large buildings in between so there is no view of the ocean. It's also a little far from downtown Hollywood but the dollar trolley made traveling easy. Here's a tip - don't try to walk from the hotel to the Broadwalk, it's REALLY far. We tried and had to be picked up at what the trolley drivers call the "rescue" stop about halfway. There isn't much around the hotel in the way of dining or shopping - one little beachside cafe that was good for breakfast. The hotel's pool is fantastic but was very warm when we were there. We spent most of our time by the pool and the service was fantastic. The people working the front desk were very nice and gave us a good tip on a great Cuban restaurant down the street. I probably won't come back to the area, but it's not because of the hotel.

Room Tip: Only the corner suites face the ocean - the rest are parallel to it. Get a room up high so you have...