“Great Property, Staff and Location. I'll be back.”

DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hollywood Beach
Ranked #3 of 72 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This property was updated around 2010 and is still in great shape. The rooms are all very comfortable and have all the amenities. This was my second stay. I took my wife here for a long weekend this time-round. The pool area is fabulous. If you want to sit in sun or shade you can find either. Lots of palms around the pool provide shade. Tiki bar with tap beer is at hand, and wait staff at the pool is great. The staff at the front desk is also great. The valets and bellmen are great. The concierge service is great. The women that clean the rooms are great. So what's not to like? I'll tell you what's not to like. Elements The Bistro is not to like. The first day there we had the breakfast buffet. Eighteen dollars for concrete eggs and bargain basement sausage links. After we finished eating several containers of yogurt, which seemed like the only thing which wasn't ruined, our waiter said. "If you want special eggs or bacon let me know and I'll ask the chef." I said to him; "That would have been nice to know fifteen minutes ago, why didn't you tell us then before we loaded up on yogurt and melon?"
Well, on day three we were at the pool and decided to order a burger and fries. BIG MISTAKE. We checked out late and went shopping, which was interrupted by severe gas, heartburn and wrenching abdominal agony. I haven't gotten that sick on hotel food since I was in Taiwan twenty five years ago. I literally thought I was going to forego my flight and go to the hospital instead. It's about 36 hours later and I'm still spitting acid and burping. I've eaten about fifty tums and taken a half dozen Zantac and I'm still reeling. I am not kidding, I haven't felt that bad in years. The health inspector needs to shut that kitchen down ASAP. It is a hazard to human life.
So, in summary, go for pool, the rooms, the location, the beach, the shopping, and the service, BUT STAY AWAY FROM THEIR RESTAURANT !!!!!!!

Room Tip: Southern facing rooms get all the sun, I prefer the North side because it's cooler to sit outsid...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
mistypfllso, Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hollywood Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear Poeboy,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this review with us. Let us begin by saying we truly appreciate all the positive feedback on our staff services and the hotel itself.
We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences at Elements Bistro and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We've never received such feedback on our restaurant and certainly no illnesses reported but we'll certainly escalate this to our executive team for further investigation.
Thanks you again,

Tana F.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,803)

Reviewed October 20, 2012

This is such a fantastic hotel, across the road from Hollywood beach and along side the canals of Miami to Fort Lauderdale. Hotel check in speedy efficient room 6th floor had views of the beach and the waterways with the opening bridge. the room was in excellent condition and very fine fittings incredibly clean.
Hotel pool area is adjacent to the canal waterways so pleasant to sit relax and watch the many many boats float pass. Saturdays gets very busy by the pool area.
I did not dine at the restaurant as was visiting friends in the area but it looked inviting.
The hotel is a 10 minute walk to the local Walmart Centre to get all your supplies of food drinks munchies.
I relied on taxi service and never has to wait more than 5 minutes - Aventura Mall 10 minutes away, Fort Lauderdale airport about 20 minutes.
The location of this hotel is perfect, the staff very friendly and informative.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Linda L

Dear Illenard,

Thank you so much for such a lovely review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and had a chance to explore our neighborhood. We hope to see you the next time you are in the South Florida.

Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

This is an amazing hotel! It it ver well located at north Miami! Great pool! And the rooms were great! Clean and with a lot of space! I will come back a thousand times! I went with my husband and another couple and ask for separate rooms! Which were both great! Excellent location near sawgrass mills mall, aventura mall and the ft lauderdale - Hollywood airport! And the rooms have partial ocean view!! Super recommended

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Mariangie
mistypfllso, Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hollywood Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear Mariangie,

Thank You So Much for your super recommendation. :)
We really appreciate you taking the time to share this amazing review of your stay with us. It's always a pleasure to receive detailed feedback like yours and share it with our employees who strive to exceed all of our guest’s expectations.
We're certainly looking forward to welcoming back to Hollywood "a thousand times".

Reviewed October 15, 2012

The room was very spacious with 2 queen beds. There is a large vanity in the bedroom area with only a sheer curtain seperating it from the beds, which may not suit everyone. The bathroom had a large, two person shower and no bath ( which we prefer to a shower over a bath)

The decor is up to date and fresh. We slept well as the beds were comfortable and the room was quiet.

One negative - the service at the Tiki Bar that evening was very poor. We were trying to get a meal at around 7pm - there were people eating by the pool so we waited at the Tiki bar for 5 to 10 minutes but there was nobody behind the bar and the only staff member in the area was having a long conversation with a couple of guests and either didn't notice us or wasn't interested. If it wasnt for this experience we'd have given the hotel a "very good" rating.

Eventually we gave up and went inside to the main restaurant. Here we were seated and served promptly. My pasta dish was delicious.

Our room was on the south side of the building on about the 10th floor - we had a view both to the Intracoastal waterway and out to the Ocean.

The pool area is very attractive and well maintained.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Andona
mistypfllso, Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hollywood Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Andona,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us in such great detail.
We apologize for the service at the Tiki Bar that evening. Please be sure that that type of service is not a norm for our hotel and we will certainly follow up our Food and Beverage management to ensure this does not happen again!
However, it is nice to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and hopefully you will choose to stay with us the next time you are in town from Sydney.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Having had a very pleasant experience at another Crowne Plaza hotel at the beginning of our trip to Florida, we decided to stay at the Hollywood Beach Crowne Plaza, (after our booking at another hotel chain was cancelled due to overbooking,)for our last night in Miami
We were greeted at reception by Jeff H, who is a credit to the entire hotel group. He should be held up as an example to reception staff everywhere, his greeting , friendliness and professionalism is by far the best we have encountered in any hotel that we have stayed in. He has the balance of formality and informality down to a T.
As we found out this trait ran through all the hotel staff that we encountered, from the poolside Lava Tiki Bar to the more formal Elements Bistro.

We had our evening meal in the Elements Bistro, the food was excellent, the fries are the best I have eaten on that side of the Atlantic.
The service was attentive without being intrusive.
Lunch was had at the Lava Tiki Bar, again great food and excellent service.
Our room was on the 8th floor, I had requested an upper floor, was spacious and faultless.
My wife and I loved our experience at this hotel so much that we tried to extend our trip by another day, however it was not possible due to flight timings.

On our next trip to Miami this will be our first port of call.

I would like to thank the staff and Jeff H in particular for ending our trip on such a high.

Dear zaphod1314,

Let me begin by thanking you for such a lovely review of your vacation with us.
All of your feedback is much appreciated and the special mention on Jeff H is great. He will certainly be given the acknowledgment deserved for leaving you with such a great impression of our services.
It was also a pleasure to hear that we have the best fries on our side of the Atlantic. Our guests always give us compliments on our fries but that was certainly the first time we've ever heard that one. :)
Thank you again for sharing this great review with us and we're looking forward to welcoming you back to Hollywood soon!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

For the money, Crowne Plaza was a great place to stay. It's very close to the beach, requiring you to walk across the street and behind the condos that are situated on the beach. The views from this hotel are not as nice as some beach properties because the condos block most of the view although you can also face the intercoastal waterways behind the hotel which will take you north to Fort Lauderdale on the water taxis. Even though it's not ideally situated on the beach, it offers a large hub of safe public transportation including the one dollar trolleys that can take you to the Hollywood Beach Boardwalk and the aforementioned river taxis that you can use all day for twenty dollars and see not just Hollywood, but Fort Lauderdale as well. It's also just a tiny 30 minute drive south on Ocean Drive to reach South Beach so it serves as a nice, affordable but still premium lodging that can easily get you to all the places worth seeing in that area of Florida. The mecca of Florida casinos is also just a thirty minute drive (if that) to the west and downtown Hollywood with a wide offering of nifty restaurants and bars is literally around the corner and a short drive. The hotel is clean and the staff is extremely nice. The concierge Jeff, in particular, was one of the friendliest down-to-earth employees I've met at that position in a while. Be aware of certain costs such as parking (which is really hard to escape in most Florida beach towns) and if you use a debit card they will take out a sum on top of your hotel fees only to be replaced a week later. The rooms were nice although they told me they didn't offer king size beds which was disappointing. On a small side note, if you have a fear of heights, the balconies at the Crowne Plaza can instill a little bit of vertigo because of their clear railings and slim ledges. The room we stayed in came with a fridge and microwave. The pool was nice but nothing spectacular, and the same for the restaurant. Honestly, there are so many nearby top notch restaurants in downtown Hollywood, Fort Lauderdale and of course the famous South Beach that you'd be cheating yourself by eating at the hotel. If you'd rather drive to the Boardwalk, there is a paid parking garage about a five minute drive north of this hotel. This is really an ideal place to stay if you still want some luxury but don't want to break the bank and plan on spending several days visiting Miami, Fort Lauderdale and the surrounding areas. If you want a luxury hotel on the beach, the Marriott is really the only one that is located direclty on the Boardwalk and let me tell you, Hollywood has some nice beaches. Large sandy beaches, clean, and no drinking allowed. The cabanas available for rent are located all along the long strip of Hollywood Beach. If you're looking for a less costly option, there are quite a few nice-looking small motels directly on the Boardwalk and while I'm usually hesitant to stay in those places because of cleanliness and security, I saw a few that I wrote down numbers for on my next "lounge at the beach only" trip. If you want the best, the Westin is very close to the Crowne Plaza but also has the disadvantage of not being directly on the Boardwalk. All together, this was a relaxing stay and I enjoyed my time in Hollywood, Florida.

3  Thank PnMTravel

Dear PnMTravel,

Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to share such an informative review!
First off, we appreciate all of the great feedback of your stay with us and the wonderful compliments on our staff services, with the special mention of Jeff. He is a star team member and will certainly get the recognition deserved!
We apologize for the inconvenience with the king size beds. We do offer that room type however; maybe there wasn't one available upon your arrival. For future reference, you can always request the room type you'd prefer when making your reservation, that way we can pre assign one for you.
Overall, your review is amazing and we can't to make another great impression when you return to Hollywood.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I don't normally write online reviews, but my experience at this hotel was so good that I had to share! We were there for Columbus Day weekend and were treated like royalty! We had a corner king room on the 6th floor and could see the ocean every morning. The water taxi and Fort Lauderdale Trolley are RIGHT at the hotel. The Wal-Mart across the bridge has everything you would need - load up since there is a fridge in every room. The food was typically overpriced, but not more than I would expect at a hotel. The drinks at the Tiki Bar were very generous. I could have sat there all day.

It is a $50 taxi ride (including tip) from Fort Lauderdale Airport, but with the Trolley right outside, you don't need a car. The beach is easily accessible, although to rent an umbrealla and chairs on the beach was expensive. We bought a $10 beach umbrella and two beach towels at Wal-Mart. We never had a problem getting a chair at the pool.

I would love to make this an annual tradition! Super relaxing!

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a corner king room so we had two balconies, which was awesome.
2  Thank Mike B

Dear Mike B.,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share this review with us. We are especially honored since you do not normally write reviews. This lets us know we did something right. :)
It is so great to hear how much you enjoy our hotel and your upgraded room. Thank you for all the detailed information shared and the wonderful feedback of our services.
Hopefully, this will become an annual vacation. We are certainly looking forward to welcoming you back to Hollywood.

Tana F.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollywood
Margaritaville Beach Resort
Hollywood Beach Marriott
Hollywood Beach Marriott
#6 of 72 in Hollywood
Seminole Hard Rock Hotel Hollywood
Casa Pellegrino Boutique Hotel
Caribbean Resort by the Ocean
Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach/Aventura

Been to DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hollywood Beach? Share your experiences!