“Yum, Yum, Yum” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hollywood Prime - CLOSED

Hollywood Prime
Dining options: Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hallandale Beach Blvd
Description: Tempt your palate at Diplomat Prime, the resort's steakhouse. Delicious offerings include the finest cuts of meat, including 21-day, dry-aged beef as well as Long Island duck and domestic rack of lamb. Delectable seafood options include a 3.5-Pound live Maine lobster poached in butter, swordfish loin, and salmon filet. Reservations are recommended for our contemporary setting of 15 tables.
“Yum, Yum, Yum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I will preface this review by saying I wasn't paying. If I was, I'd probably have hit the stonecrab restaurants down the street. Nevertheless, I had a wonderful dinner. I'd highly recommend the caprese salad (mozzarella melts in your mouth). I had a surf 'n' turf dinner with lobster tail and steak. Steak was really good, not overcooked. Lobster was less excellent (slightly overcooked, heading toward rubbery) but still tasted delicious. Wine menu was also top-notch, loved both the pinot noir and the cabernet choices that were ordered with dinner. Service was efficient and gracious, without being overbearing. Again, not sure if I'd want to pay these prices, but since it was someone else's treat, I enjoyed.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank ml849567

Avon, Ohio
“Prime time dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

The service was top notch. The chilled seafood was very fresh and the dry aged steaks were excellent. The pricing is aggressive, but overall well worth it!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Darrylict
Miami, Florida
“What happened?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

I drove far because you used to be great! I ordered the lamb...$74!!!! It was unevenly cooked. You get 4 double chops. Unfortunately, some were medium rare and some medium well. How does that happen? Also, perhaps the waiter should have described the lamb and mentioned the "market price". I just read a review someone wrote last week and they said lamb was was $60ish. How did it change from one week to the next?

We also ordered the asparagus. You get 4 stalks! Really?!

I could barely eat the onion soup because it was over salted.

The food was average however I felt rushed. They took away the gazpacho before I could finish it. We had a 730 pm reservation and they brought the cheque before I even finished my glass of wine. What if I wanted another glass?

Two of us spent $200.00 on dinner... Please don't rush me!!

Did you change chefs or management because this place is not like it used to be!

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
5 Thank Miami1local
Closter, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food - standard steakhouse”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Overpriced for what you get, but the food is very good. Like a Ruth Cris or Morton's - The lamb chops were amazing

Visited May 2014
1 Thank jcardinali
Barrie, Canada
“A wonderful culinary experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

What a all round wonderful experience was had by six of us last evening at Hollywood Prime. Frank, our server was not only knowledgable about the food and restaurant but very entertaining as well. I started my meal off with the foie gras and had the lamb for my main course, Frank assuring me that it was not good but, exceptional and he was spot on, probably the best lamb I have ever sampled! Finished off my meal with the creme brûlée, the portions were huge, delicious and prepared to everyone's specifications. Well done Hollywood Prime, we will be back!

Visited June 2014