“Will never eat here again.”
Review of Hollywood Prime - CLOSED

Hollywood Prime
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hallandale Beach Blvd
Description: Tempt your palate at Diplomat Prime, the resort's steakhouse. Delicious offerings include the finest cuts of meat, including 21-day, dry-aged beef as well as Long Island duck and domestic rack of lamb. Delectable seafood options include a 3.5-Pound live Maine lobster poached in butter, swordfish loin, and salmon filet. Reservations are recommended for our contemporary setting of 15 tables.
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My husband and I were celebrating our 2nd anniversary and decided to eat at this restaurant for the first time. Based off of the reviews it was worth taking a chance. Initially we received a friendly greeting from the host and hostess however after we were seated that's when we were signaled out. The waiter nor the waitress introduced themselves and by the way we had 3 servers. The waitress dropped some mash potatoes on the table as she was serving my husband, apologized but left it there. That was unacceptable however we did not let that spoil our appetite. Normally 4-5 star restaurants who care about their customers get feedback about the service at the end but that never happened here. Every table received truffles at the end along with the check except us. It could have been our race, not sure but we asked another server about it and of course we never saw the other 3 servers. Maybe they were embarrassed and did not want to face us but this was not a good experience. As a customer service manager for a fortune 500 company my expectations are always set high, I only give 100% to satisfy my customers, I critic every restaurant but never give a review. I wish this experience was different and i could provide positive feedback but not in this case. This may be a long review however this may help someone else if they are trying to make a decision about this restaurant.

2  Thank shimmh

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Not sure what has happened at this popular restaurant, it use to be good. 5-star prices, 2-star food! Waiter was stuffy and quite full of himself, real turn off. For the same price there are wonderful 5-star restaurants in the area. Waste of our time and money! Didn't finish our meal, just paid and left, won't be back!

2  Thank Katherine B
Reviewed March 28, 2013

You could be in NYC or Chicago; great food and service and fine dining at its best. The problem here is the hotel and the varied guests that walk in with crying babies. We were here during Easter/Passover week and not one but two screaming babies accompanied our fine dining experience. What are these parents thinking...obviously not about the other diners.

1  Thank theaesthete
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stayed at the Westin for a conference and decided to go to Hollywood Prime based on all the good reviews. We were not disappointed. The service was excellent. They seemed to work in teams with two servers taking care of the two of us. (I will say I liked being served by the friendlier one better – so I’m glad there were two!) The dinner was not rushed, waters always filled and timing was optimal between courses. Since we had just gotten in early that day, we were a bit more tired that we would like when heading to a good steakhouse. Therefore we asked to share a salad as well as a side and dessert. They were very accommodating! We split a tasty spinach salad and found half a salad was still a good portion. Each of us ordered a filet. Both were cooked to perfection and served with a side of a brown sauce that we really enjoyed with the steak. Our side of green and white asparagus with hollandaise sauce was very good - and not overcooked! We like vegetables with a bit of crispness left in them. Lastly for dessert we shared a Crème Brulee. The caramel topping was a bit thicker than I like, so although it was good I would probably try something different next time.

I hesitated a bit in ordering a bottle of wine, which I would normally do for a long leisurely dinner, but they offered to package whatever was left and we could take it to the room for the next evening. They even put a couple of wine glasses in the bag – very nice touch!

This steak house is pricey, which is not unexpected. But what I found to be even pricier was the wine list. I was looking for a red, and most of the options on the list seemed to be well over $100. We’ve been to many comparable steakhouses and I don’t remember such limited choices in the under $100 price range. We did find a bottle that was a good wine – but I would still expect more options. There are so many very good wines they should be able to offer at a more reasonable price to their customers. For this reason I’m giving Hollywood Prime 4 stars, but otherwise for food and overall service I would put it closer to 5 stars.

1  Thank KandBTravels
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I just came from a trip to Argentina and this steak was better! Loved the mushroom side with special sauce.....spinach not so much as it was soggy and not cheesey enough. Baked Alaska with key lime was realy good. Never had it like that before!

1  Thank Foster001