New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Gem on The Boardwalk” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tide Vacation Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hollywood
Tide Vacation Apartments
You added Tide Vacation Apartments to your Saves list
Oklahoma
“Gem on The Boardwalk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at the Tide many times. Nestled between Fort Lauderdale and Miami, the Tide is definately a gem on The hollywood Boardwalk. Clean comfortable rooms, relaxing pool at Boardwalk's edge, and only a few steps to the beach. Acoomadating staff, and a great place to lounge and people watch as they carry on their activities up and down the Boardwalk.
dining and live music are just up the Boardwalk, and plenty of gift shops too. We've tried other places in the area, but always come back to the Tide. It is exactly what is needed for a great vacation of relaxing on the beach.

David and Shelley Oklahoma

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with the corner ocean view, or the upper or lower middle rooms with ocean vie...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank David C

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Great location on the beach. Pool is nice size and clean. Pool deck has plenty of chairs and the beach is 5 steps away. People that run hotel are very friendly and helpful. Most of people that stay there during winter are "snow birds" from the north and Canada. It is like a little neighborhood, everyone comes back and you know everyone. Decor is clean but old. Beds are ok, not as plush as some places, furniture is ok and they do hv flat screen televisions. We r n empty nesters.

Room Tip: Get ocean view upstairs
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
4 Thank Joan G
Ridgefield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

If you are looking for glitz and glamour, this is not it. If you are looking for a wonderful value with an older facility with a great pool, lovely people, and ten steps from the beach, this is it. I was very pleased with the accommodations...rooms were old but very clean. I felt safe at all times. Enjoyed watching the people and the surf from our balcony.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Rick S
Montclair, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I were looking for a place to celebrate our 20 yr anniversary and wanted to stay close to my niece. She gave us a few places to look at that she thought we might like. I picked the Tide Vacation Apts because it has a pool right alongside the boardwalk. I'm so happy I did and besides a couple of windy days our trip was wonderful. We had an ocean front apt and the views were incredible. Out one window we could watch the beautiful waves and people going by on the boardwalk. The other window was a side view of the boardwalk and the pool. One of my favorite pass times was sipping coffee at our dining table and watching the early morning joggers and runners go by. Our apt had a bedroom, living room, dining area and small kitchen.
You can walk down the boardwalk for shopping and dining and there are great restaurants within a short drive. We went out some but also stocked our fridge (full size) with food. We even BBQ'ed out by the pool. These apts are not brand new or real upscale but they have everything you need. You can choose between the beach or the pool as they are both right outside your door.
We made friends with some of the guests as it seemed everyone that stayed there was just laid back and down to earth. Susan the manager was so friendly and made us feel comfortable as soon as we got there. She gave us information and directions on everything we needed. She even stayed in contact with us once we returned home.
My sister and her husband stayed in one of the upstairs apts in November and they were very happy as well.
My only regret was that we did not stay longer than one week. We choose to go on a weekend Bahamas cruise as part of our vacation but in reality I would have preferred to have stayed at the Tide's longer. I will definetly be back.

Room Tip: If possible choose one of the ocean front rooms, the view is worth it.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Judy P
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Friendly staff, spacious rooms, fantastic view, excellent location! It is small enough that my baby monitor worked across the full range of the building. I selected a "partial ocean view" room and didn't feel like I missed out on anything; the view was great and it felt like I never left the beach the full week of my stay. The pool faces the ocean, which is another huge plus. The shallow end is not very shallow so little ones who can't swim yet need floaties. The owners seem to be pretty uptight about the very long list of rules, but the upside is you won't find the locals renting a room and inviting their entire extended family, overtaking the grill and the pool, pumping obnoxious music and partying late into the night. It's no Waldorf Astoria but I would rate it 5 stars relative to the other accommodations on Hollywood beach, and probably 3 stars compared to what's available at other destinations I've visited, so I settled on 4 stars. They successfully capture the charming mid-twentieth century feel that is so attractive about Hollywood beach. It's quaint, clean, and relatively quiet with a nice pool on the broadwalk close enough
to walk to the action without the annoyance of it overflowing onto your doorstep when you want to relax.

• Stayed April 2013
4 Thank aarrigo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Outdated 1960's furniture & decor. Old German owner needs to put some of her profits back into the property & update it. Too expensive for old decor. Not worth the price. Only thing going for this property is the location of pool right in front of property & on ocean.

• Stayed December 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
6 Thank Msmycall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

The Tide Vacation apartments were the BEST!! Loved, loved, it!!!! It's right on the beach. The staff were all very nice and accomdating. The pool is refreshing and you can BBQ by the pool. My family and I cooked every night and enjoyed our room to the fullest. It's a short drive to Publix Supermarket and to restaurants. The Broadwalk was also a big plus cause everyone practically exercises, ride bikes or just walks up and down daily from morning to night. You can walk to stores eateries, and listen to live music too. I can't wait to return. I miss being there...:-( Thank you STAFF for being so wonderful to the Malave Family.

• Stayed August 2012