“The best Motel in Hollywood,Florida.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beach and Town Motel

Beach and Town Motel
Ranked #62 of 69 Hotels in Hollywood
“The best Motel in Hollywood,Florida.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

The owner Sheila is awesome. I will stay here every time I visit Florida. The service and cleanliness of this motel is impeccable. The location is amazing. It is five short blocks from Young Circle. I would recommend Beach and Town to anyone. Did I mention the oversized heated pool.

• Stayed January 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

There rude lazy one of the worst rooms I ever been to and I travel a lot the house keeping is the worst part and to top it off there racist I'm African American they referred me and my husband as u people and treated way different just because I want my towel earlier then 5:00 in the after noon

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank gabbysonlymom

Travelers are raving about these Hollywood hotels

Moore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I can't complain about the price for the days I stayed. I did not have a microwave in the room, no one came to bring clean towels, empty the trash, or make the bed. I believe there was only one housekeeper. Apparently beds do not get made. I did not feel that comfortable even though the staff was nice. The back gate will not open with the key I was given and the washers were outside. Where the dryers were is beyond me. And after hours you can't go through the front. This is only my review but it may have been wonderful for others. Leaving towels on the chair outside someone's door does not constitute they will get it. Hopefully my small review will be taken as a way to better the hotel

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Reaella W
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

Let me start by saying I am not a "hotel snob". I believe that you do get what you pay for, but basic cleanliness should be part of the program.
I had the displeasure of staying here for 4 nights. I didn't expect much, because of the low rate, and I didn't plan on being in the room that much anyway. I could not get a refund, because it was paid in advance, per policy, besides that, it was a weekend in high season, and if there were any decent rooms available, I could not afford them.

Issue 1: Owners live on site, but never around. Arrived, went into lobby, and had to go searching the premisis for someone to check me in. Someone finally came, and did not know how to access a reservation that I booked using their own website! After about 30 minutes, I was checked in and shown my room.

Issue 2: FILTHY room. This is an understatement. The vertical blinds had gaps in them, and would not close completely, I felt as though people could see in. Thick dust on tabletops, etc.
Sheets don't appear to ever be changed...and there was one lumpy pillow with what appeared to be black mold/mildew all over it.

Sheets: I pulled back the sheets to look.... and very noticable all over...pubic hairs. Also, crusty stains of a certain bodily fluid.... THEN, as I looked between the bedspread and the sheet.....I found what appeared to be a used, bloody tampon. I went to get the man from the front desk, who came to my room, and upon seeing the tampon, picked it up with his bare hands, and tried to hide it. He told me that "This room is very clean, very clean, we just cleaned it this morning"...etc. I asked that he bring me a new pillow, and change my sheets. At that point I said, No, I want a different room. He told me that it was impossible as they were full, and of couse there was no refund. I should have made photos, but I was too shocked. He did bring me a new pillow, but my sheets were never changed. I had to buy bleach and do them myself in the motel laundromat.

"Maid" service: The room was not serviced ONCE during my stay. I had to BEG for a clean towel.

Apparently, this is a "short stay" motel and it is really a health risk in my opinion.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank agentdevoyagefl
houston, tx
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2011

It is a very basic, old motel in a good location.
The rooms are now all non-smoking, but it will take a long time to get the smell out. We used it just to sleep in for one night on the way through town, and that is about all I think I could stand. I might stay there again if I get the same low rate.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank landmark-7
Budapest, Hungary
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

We stayed here in october 2010 for 2 weeks. Unfortunatly we payed the room in advance. We asked to save the room once a day, and they said it's ok. Well, when we arrived, we realized, that the bed-clothes was not change after the previous roomers. The bed was full of spots and hair, and it was really really dirty. After a very long flight, people like to sleep, but when we asked (at 4 pm) to change the bed-clothes they did it 8pm. So we had to wait 4 hours to sit our lie somewhere. After we realized that the climate doesn't work. This is Florida, so it was almost 30 degrees in the evening, so we had to ask the staff again, to do something, because we not get a breath. Finally he did it, but it was so loud that we can't sleep only with ear-plug. The bathroom was also terrible. The shower was very dirty, full with hair. The "high speed wifi" doesn't exist at all. We found under the beds dead cockroaches, a pair of used socks. During our stay they save the room once (!!), but that was not a real cleanup...(after that the socks and cockroaches was still under the bed). The lock was very weak, and it is not a safe location, so we felt we are not safe. It was the worst hotel I have ever stayed. PLEASE DON'T GO THERE!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank klaudia05
Lakeville, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

Immediately after check-in, we knew this was a mistake. The TV and lights were on in the room when we checked in to let us know this room hadn't been cleaned. Room furnishings consisted of a bed with a sunken mattress, and run down fridge, and some build in cabinets, when opened, fell of the hinges. Outlets had no plates, and exposed wiring. The door had obviously been kicked in, and instead of being replaced, had been reassembled with screws. Blinds where broken and gaps offered no privacy. We immediately asked for a refund and were denied. We stayed one night, and then moved to a new hotel, loosing the money for the remaining nights.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple