I am always concerned with the cleanliness of the hotel I stay, so I had read all the reviews about this place and didn't find anything that stops me from booking a private room ( two peas in a pod). But I didn't have the happiest experience:
1. Found some dark spots on the bed sheets + hair so I used my own backup bedding that I had with me.
2. screamed to find a not completely dead cockroach when I opened the fridge (pic attached). When I advised the service desk, the lady just said : "ok, I'll send someone to clean it up" !! and I was like, : is that it? no apologies, no compensation, no way to make up for it? and she said " your booking is prepaid by Expedia" [ I suggest you don't do so, cause if something goes wrong, you can't do anything!], and she continued " I don't understand why you are upset, I said I'll send someone to clean it" !!!...
3. The hostel/hotel asks for a 100$ deposit for possible damage to the appliances in the room. I didn't have a 100$ cash with me so they made a COPY OF MY CREDIT CARD & made me sign a preauthorized withdrawal in case something happens. When I wanted to check out, I asked them to give me the copy they had made from my credit card. But they said " it is necessary that the copy remains in our files for the record". I asked them to at least give me a paper confirmation that my authorization is cancelled, but the lady looked so surprised for such a request, played with the computer for more than half an hour to give me a computer print of the cancellation and finally ( when she couldn't) wrote something on a piece of paper saying that "this credit card will not be charged"...( I am waiting to see what happens on my e-statement)
4. I was in Hollywood to attend a conference. When I checked out, I forgot to take the poster I had presented at the conference with me ( I guess I just wanted to get out of there). I went back a few hours later to get it, but they said there was nothing in your room! (except the conference book that they had kept for me). So they had either threw it away or didn't want to give it to me. Luckily, I didn't need the poster anymore and I was tired to get into another argument with them. so I just said "FINE!"
The location of this place is great, close to beach and easy access to a trolley that takes you to downtown Hollywood for 1$. If you can ignore the cleanliness and poor service, this place might be a good option for a short stay. I wouldn't want to repeat the experience though. Goodluck
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel + Hotel is a new concept hotel ready to accommodate those looking for a chic beach hotel or fun hostel experience. Chose our hostel option to vacation with your best friends or meet new ones. We have an amazing location... on the beach and boardwalk in the heart of Hollywood Beach, Florida just across the street from the Intercoastal Waterway and minutes from Fort Lauderdale Airport and the seaport. With private and shared accommodations, we offer hotel quality services for all types of travelers in a fun, friendly and safe atmosphere. Reminiscent of a Key West style cottage and a "no worries" attitude, our hip hotel features more than 200 beds with shared female, male, mixed-sex and private hotel rooms. You won't be at a loss for things to do with our never ending list of free amenities and activities, such as biking and surfing. We are in the perfect spot for world travelers, single travelers and groups especially bachelorette and bachelor parties seeking the ultimate sun-filled vacation with activities including beach barbecues, fishing, surfing, kayaking and beach volleyball just steps from your door. IMPORTANT -- Credit card used for booking must be the same credit card presented for payment at check-in. The name on the credit card must match the name on the reservation and the card holder must be present along with a government-issued photo ID. Holiday and Special Events require a non-refundable prepayment 30 days prior to arrival. No early departures are allowed. Reservations are completely non-refundable within 30 days of arrival. Events include but are not limited to: New Years (12/26 to 1/3), Boat Show (2/12 to 2/16), Winter Music Conference & Ultra (3/15 to 3/31), Memorial Day (5/21 to 5/25) & Art Basel (12/3 to 12/9). A mandatory daily resort fee of $18.00 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Hollywood Beach Suites, Hostel and Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hollywood Beach Hotel Hollywood