“A fine motel at the beach front”

Hollywood Beach Suite and Hotel
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Stayed at the motel for two nights on the way back to Minnesota from a vacation in the Caribbean. With a (rental) car the place is easy to get to, depending on traffic I'd say it takes somewhere from 25 to 35 minutes from Miami International. While it is true that the motel buildings are pretty much right next to Ocean Drive I must say that I never heard any noise - traffic or otherwise - at all. Well, it's dry walls between the rooms, so depending on your neighbours that may not be true all the time. The motel's location however is prime with the beach and the promenade just being a block away. The room had new furniture, provided ample space, the bathroom was enormous and everything was super clean. During high season you might think it to be a bit pricey, but if I find myself in that neck of the woods again I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank biosfear
There are newer reviews for Hollywood Beach Suite and Hotel

Reviewed May 21, 2012

we generally stay at places like W hotels while on vacation, and places the caliber of Holiday Inn while on quick trips like this one but decided to try something different. It's a fun hotel in a good location and the attached taco bar is a hit. The room was clean, the staff was friendly and it's pretty much on the boardwalk.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2012

So close to the beach!!!!! Booked a double room with private bathroom. The room is nice and clean, very good for a hostel standards. For 50$ a night in hollywood beach - perfect. But if you are searching for a quiet, romantic getaway then better try somewhere else.
I recommend.

Room Tip: ask for a room closer to the beach side.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2012

This place is truly amazing! It was a small getaway from Planation, Fl. I went with my wife and kids and I can truly say that we definitely enjoyed our stay! The kids enjoyed the sand castle kits and boogie boards. My wife and I enjoyed the bikes that they have for the guest to use. It was so comfortable the kids couldn't get enough of the bunk beds and them having free wifi was a big plus cause my wife can finish her business away from home. Anyone who thinks otherwise is nuts!!! this place is definitely an excitement and the staff were more than welcome to help us. Recommend for everyone!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2012

BEWARE! I had a reservation for over a month. They must have run my credit card incorrectly - they sent me an email telling me it had been declined and that my reservation was canceled. I called immediately, spoke with a man who ran it again and said "No problem, you're all set."

We're headed to the beach tonight for my daughter's 13th birthday... they called just a few minutes ago to tell me that my reservation was canceled. No note that I had called two days ago and that the credit card was just fine. On top of it, they were RUDE and did nothing to try to rectify the situation.

BEWARE THESE CROOKS.... Since it's Cinco de Mayo, they probably charged someone more for the room I had booked a month ago.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Nicole S
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I really liked staying here, I will go back
The rooms are decorated very nice, they are a little quirky,but fun.
this would be a great weekend getaway with the family

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Spent a lot of time in similarly priced accommodation accross Florida and this place really stands out.
The rooms are well appointed and very clean, the wifi, parking and provision of bikes etc are fantastic and there is a really nice feel to the communal areas.
A very enjoyable and relaxing stay only steps from the beach, the adjoining mexican restaurant is also really tasty.
The only thing I would change would be having safes in the rooms,it never felt unsafe etc,but it's nice to have somewhere to put your passports and other unused valuables during your stay.

• Stayed: April 2012