All reviews front office convenience store full kitchen nice stay boardwalk laundry ocean couch steps florida cruise
Selected filters
Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

Very nice units . Not a very helpful front desk staff. It is in a walking distance from everything . Don’t need a car just walk and meet all people around the world a very diverse city. I love it we will come back

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2019 via mobile

It started when i arrived late due to weather conditions i called and spoke to a gentleman explaining my situation. He told me he would hold it but they close at 1!!! Seriously??? I finally arrived at the hotel at 4am to find what he told me, they were closed!!! A hotel closed at 4 am!! I have never seen anything like this! I than slept in my rental car thank god i got one! I than checked in around 8am the young girl was very nice! But told me i lost my first day, and she could apply some of the non refundable money to the parking pass! Ok doesn’t make sense! I get my room passes and went to the room i needed a shower with being on the plane for 14 hours and in a car as well. I walked into the room, to find the floor was dirty, the kitchen chairs were so stained they should be put in the trash, the couch was dirty and the towels in the bathroom that i didn’t see till after i showered in my flip flops. The bed was the worst i flipped the sheets there wasn’t any tough fold that you get instead i found dirty sheets literally black on the sheets and it looked like someone had some fun, there was a pubic Hair in the sheets i freaked out i went to the office where i explained i would be quite and not make a big deal of it for other customers just fix the problem! the manager walked over to look at the problem while walking and making small talk i told him i was late i lost my first day of the room and lost the money also mentioned the lady at the front desk took care of me and took $36. From the $125 to apply it to parking! I was told that’s good then he went and told the cleaning lady to clean it! They don’t even have real chemicals on the cart. She changed the sheets and and put new towels and proceeded to dust the couch with the towel they expected me to stand on coming from
The shower! I asked for a sheet for the couch because i was so grossed. i never got the sheet i asked for i couldn’t sit! The kitchen chairs i had to take a clean towel to put it down so i could sit! At this point I’m like well i have clean sheets whatever! I proceeded with my vacation my husband gave me for an early mother’s day gift! I went to the office to get a beach towel and i didn’t even bother talking about anything else not going to change nothing! The young kid helped me he was very nice when i did ask for things or needed help and had multiple interactions with him, every time he was pleasant and helpful! That night i went to bed the next day i woke up to someone screaming in the parking lot and beeping!! There was an angry man cuz a few people had to block him in with no where to park! Then later that day the ac broke i didn’t know i wasn’t there! I came back it was so hot!!!!!!!!!! I went on the porch and asked the guy your air conditioning working? He said no! I called and complained to the front desk! I was told come get a new key to a new room! This is crazy by this point! I went to the front desk and by this point I was beyond angry! I told the guy I am so mad this is a huge inconvenience I was told how u can leave ur stuff in that room I’ll put u Nextdoor! I said the guy in the room next to that said he doesn’t have ac! He said he isn’t complaining... I said ok that’s nice for him! He asked what do you want than, and proceeded to say you were upgraded I did you a favor u were looking over the beach! Ps. A parking lot than the beach oh and the trash can! But I didn’t pay any mind to that! I replied you upgraded me to an extra dirty room! I just got I’m sorry 500 times! I left that day!!! I am writing this review, to make you aware of the awful conditions! Ps i had a friend that was staying in another room! Her room was as equally as nasty looked like someone wrote all over the walls prior and it never got taken care of! Paint is chipping and rooms need upgrades! Good luck!! The only positive was they have 3 pools and they could be such cute motels but they need a lot of tlc!! I said i wasn’t going to write a review although they listened to my concerns in the end i lost almost $400 and got nothing in return! There was also a whole in the bottom of the door!

Trip type: Traveled solo
HBH-Marc, Owner at Hollywood Beach Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2019

Thank you so much for your recent stay at the Hollywood beach Hotels. I also wanted to thank you for taking the time to comment on trip advisor regarding your stay. We use these to improve where needed or celebrate successes with the team. I wanted to apologize for the service shortfalls you encountered while you were here. Our housekeeping staff takes great pride in maintaining cleanness in our guests rooms, and I will personally bring this issue up to their attention.Please accept our apologies for the noise disturbances that prevented you from enjoying your stay to the fullest. We will certainly take your helpful comments and complaints under advisement .

Reviewed April 30, 2019

I am not a very demanding person, but ...I need to write this review.

Let me start of positive: the room/unit itself was ok, clean. It had a stove so luckily I was able to save some bucks by cooking my own food instead of eating out. The area is nice, close to the beach. So in that sense I liked it.

Now the negative part. When I arrived at 11 pm, the guy behind the counter [short guy wearing a Wu Tang shirt] told me that I actually stayed in another building at N. Ocean Drive. He gave me a map and told me I had to enter Clevelandstreet and I would stay in building with no. 1815 next to a parking lot. The number of the actual building is not clearly visible (which I noticed later on when I finally found it). So when I drove into Cleveland street, the first thing I noticed was a building with number 1815, but that was at the END of cleveland street and the building of La Playa. So as a tourist this can be confusing and since I'M not from around Hollywood I asked the guy to help me out again on this one. He showed me the map again and explained me where the building is on the map, but being a tourist/visitor NON resident, it would be better if he showed me or pointed out on the street where the building was. Apparently he was not in the mood for that, so I tried to find the building again by myself I was lucky to ask lady on the street who was so friendly to show me where I stayed, otherwise I would still be looking for that building.

So to the guy behind the counter, "thanks" for the service (*not*). Keep in mind, you are dealing with tourist who 9x out of 1 are not familiair with the area. Next time, pls is take more effort to explain a visitor where they are staying, especially if he/she has to stay in another building.

When I finally reached my room. No. 1205. ..., it was noisy and I had the 'luck' that the unit next to me (1204) was used by some obese guy who had a loud phlegmy nasty cough alot of times. Plus he seemed to find it a good idea to talk very loud with his visiting fam. members..with cuss words and all at 12:00 am till 2:30 am (when people such as myself are trying to sleep). Secondly, the persons who stayed in the unit above me, whenever they were walking I almost thought that one of them will fall through my ceiling very soon.

So if you plan to book this hotel, think twice.

Luckily I had a car and was able to go outside to other places for fun, but I would not visit this hotel again.

Room tip: do not stay in room 1205 at building N. Ocean Drive 1815
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Thank you for your visit and feedback. We are happy our room accommodations and beach location made a favorable impression. Please accept our apologies for the neighbors noise disturbances that prevented you from enjoying your stay to the fullest. I wanted to apologize for the front desk staff shortfalls you encountered while you were here. We hope you allow us the opportunity to share a more positive experience with you soon.

Reviewed April 25, 2019 via mobile

STAY AWAY... seriously. Worst establishment you could ever stay in. Dirty does not begin to describe this place. Found bugs all over the mattress, floor, under the bed. Cleaning and management staff was rude and inconsiderate when alerted of the issue. Changed the bed sheets did nothing about the bugs. Wasted the entire day going back and forth arguing with them until they changed the bed and did not clean anywhere. I had to ask for a broom and mop to clean it myself. Disgusting absolutely disgusting. Found bumps all over my two kids after sleeping on the mattress. Again STAY AWAY.

Trip type: Traveled with family
HBH-Marc, Manager at Hollywood Beach Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2019

Thank you for the feedback, We regret that your time with us was anything less than perfect. We strive to ensure our guests have a pleasant experience so we'll be sure to discuss your negative feedback with the appropriate members of our team moving forward. Thank you once again for your visit. We wish we had made a more favorable impression.

Reviewed April 25, 2019 via mobile

I’m not a snob when I rent hotels. But I do have a standard. The floors were dirty. As in you shower and walk to another room and there is dirt all over your feet. The water pressure is non existent. The water goes from hot to cold. Four of us staying in the room only got towels replaced for 2 daily. The fridge had food all over the outside. Stove didn’t work. Ceiling in bedroom was falling in. No outlets in bathroom for blow dryer use. All sorts of fees upon check in. Oh and the lovely heavy duty extension cord running through the room. The only good thing was our location right on the boardwalk. The restaurants and shopping were fantastic but that had nothing to do with the hotel. Do not recommend staying here. Spring for the little more expensive hotel. Because after all the additional fees they charge when you arrive you might as well just stayed at the little more pricier hotel.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Hello, Thank you for visiting Hollywood beach Hotels and sharing your compliments and concerns. Although we are disappointed we did not completely meet your expectations, we are pleased our convenient location made a favorable impression. I wanted to apologize for the service shortfalls you encountered while you were here. Our housekeeping staff takes great pride in maintaining cleanness in our guests’ rooms, and I will personally bring this issue up to their attention. Please accept our apologies.