“Rustic and fresh Cuban food in a humble pathmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #103 of 558 Restaurants in Hollywood
Cuisines: Latin, Cuban, Caribbean
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Rustic and fresh Cuban food in a humble pathmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Had limited time before a commitment and cruising by we noticed Señor Cafe.
Sit your self the sign read. We did and a attractive server came to our table. I ordered a Corona beer and my husband the house Pinot Noir. For Entree I ordered the grilled snapper which it was
Accompanied with onions and red peppers, black beans on the side and broccoli. Very tasty and fresh. My husband ordered fry shrimp with to stones. He found it tasty.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank Ginoris@aol.com

Phoenix, AZ
“Best Cuban restaurant in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

It's Cuban food done right! Fried pork chunks, yuca, Cuban sandwiches, cafe con leche. What's not to love?

Visited May 2012
San Francisco, California
“In Hollywood FL and want Cuban food? So far here is the best place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Outstanding. I have not had the pleasure of having dinner at this restaurant but lunch was excellent. In addition to ordering a la carte they had a buffet which looked outstanding at least in appearance. I am not a buffet person so I would more than likely never try this.

I had pork chunks which were tasty combination of both the white and dark meat, loaded with cumin, garlic and citrus. The rice was normal, the black beans closer to home cooked and the tostones and maduros hot and fresh.

Service was quick and attentive. The staff worked together very well together and were there when you wanted them and away (very busy) when you didnt.

On my way out as an afterthought I ordered one large Cuban Sandwich and a pork sandwich to bring home to my family overseas. I sat at the counter with the locals and sipped a cup of Cuban coffee and caught up on the local scene from the Russian Jewish guy on my left and the Cuban emigre my age on the right.

I had one half of the pork sandwich that night on my flight overseas. I passed up on the first class airline meal. I probably had the best tasting meal on the plane.

I felt right at home. I will most definitely return when I am in the area.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Good and inexpensive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

The atmosphere is warm, the food is excellent and the portions are very generous. The coffee (regular or expresso) tastes very good.

Visited April 2012
“worst Cuban food ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

went there for a buffet with wife and we both agreed, it was the worst we had ever eaten,we wanted to puke it all out once in the parking lot, gross experience.

• 2 of 5 stars