“ignore old reviews..all done up!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Terrace 600 Plaza Motel

La Terrace 600 Plaza Motel
Ranked #32 of 69 Hotels in Hollywood
Scarborough
“ignore old reviews..all done up!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Am sitting right now on the terrace overlooking the beach in beautiful Hollywood Florida and it is amazing! Since the reviews about this place were posted, the rooms have been renovated to a great standard...sure some of the dishes are dated but adds to its charm and the location cannot be beaten! New air con, New kitchens, New microwaves..newly tiled showers...just lovely. I am picky because i run a guest house in England but this place is fantastic! Ignore older reviews,this place has changed!

Room Tip: We are in room 12 spacious enough for us..2 adults and 2 teens ...all renovated though.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Sharon M

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Richfield, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Unbeatable location. I wasn't expecting much based on reviews but I was pleasantly surprised. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others. Sure there are some issues. You don't have a 24 hr. room service type situation--no fancy toiletries and housekeeping is minimal but the location room and setup more than make up for that. All the rooms are on a second floor and open up to a large patio overlooking the amazing Hollywood beach. Gorgeous! Rooms have a kitchenette and are large and roomy making this an ideal place to stay for an extended period. Food, shops, beach, and fun are just steps away. We extended our one night stay to two. Our family had a blast! Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank Lauracello
Winnipeg, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I called about booking based on what they have on their website, April 15, 600.00 a week. The person that answered the phone could not stop talking to other people while he was sort of talking to me.He said the rate on the website was a mistake and quoted me a price that was higher than their high season price. He had no time to talk to me so I ended up hanging up on him. I won't bother to call back there are plenty of other places with friendlier people.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I have to admit I was a little worried by some of the reviews I read but we were surprised by how nice our stay was. The location is fantastic. The area outside the rooms overlooks the boardwalk and the view of the beach and ocean is amazing. The room was not fancy but it was comfortable and clean and it was convienent having the small kitchen area. Once the sun went down the air conditioner worked great. We had a 'full moon watching" party, got pizza and ice cream from the shops on the boardwalk and in the morning watched the sunrise. Couldn't ask for a better weekend. No one bothered us and we had a great time. When we checked out my husband forgot his phone in the room and they were nice enough to call us and tell us they would hold it in the shop downstairs until we could pick it up.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

The windows couldn't be locked. The door didn't have a striker plate. If you pulled hard enough, it would open. Not dirty but not clean either. Had roaches. Beds were uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Don't get room 10.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Perrine, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

My Family & I booked 5 rooms for my mothers 79th birthday. where to start, arrival, they had nothing ready. we got the rooms, they were not toghether as we had asked for in advance. The rooms were not clean, one of the rooms(my Moms) had no airconditioning, the other rooms had very poor airconditioning, and my sisters room had a gas leak which the office ignored and we had to call the fire department and they capped off the gas lines and no one was available to respond in the office emergency number, so my sister and her 2 grandchildren had to bunk with the rest of us. next day spoke to manager and he basically said sorry about our luck. we asked for a discount which he refused to do. really if you want a good time with your family DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Lidia M
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

I stayed at this hotel and i found it to be quite comfortable. Yes the a/c might be a little loud, but i found it to be quite normal. This was a great location, loved the fact that as soon as i walked out of the room you could just stare at a beautiful ocean and its amazing beaches. This beach so far has been the most beautiful i been to. The rooms were clean, and if there was anything wrong the costumer service was outstanding, if i ever needed to get anything taken care of, they were more than happy to accommodate me.

Room Tip: I stayed in a catercorner room, i feel that this were the best rooms to select from. they gave lots...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends