“Fun, Food, and Drink!”

Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I've been patronizing Mickey Byrnes since Sparky took me the day they opened a couple years back.

Great place. Great owners. Great corporate citizen. The food is better than you would expect from what seemingly appears to be nothing more than a neighborhood bar where a bunch of happy and convivial drinkers know your name. :-)

I have a few menu items to recommend:
1. Hog Wings Appetizer is a SCORE! A recent addition. Deep fried pork shanks make friends, and these are a meal at $10.95.
2. I like to try different things at different restaurants. I've spent too many years of my life working and traveling (for years) for others before I started my social media marketing company and, like the Johnny Cash song: "I've been everywhere." Because of this, I endeavor to try to be creative and brave and try new menu items when I visit the same joint / chain. UNLESS it is here, where my Kryptonite is Mickey's Spinach Salad for $9.95. Baby spinach lovingly combined with warm bacon (AHHH!!!), gorgonzola cheese, sliced 'shrooms, tomato, and a hard boiled egg, all tossed in dreamy balsamic. Mmmmmm--FOODGASM!
3. Flynn's Shepherd's Pie (from the proprietor's family recipe-vault) is always a super-moist and delish crowd pleaser (I do not like it DRY!) at $10.95. But this most recent visit I tried the new F-Chicken (TripAdvisor won't let me put the real name??) at $12.95 with mixed veggies and garlic mash on the side. White wine and 'shroom-sauce based culinary BLISS!

I am a regular, so factor in my fondness, but don't fool yourself, this joint is a gem!

Cabeza, OUT!

Reviewed March 24, 2012

The only Irish pub in downtown Hollywood is more of a sports bar with an Irish theme and menu. The food is very good though and they have a great draft beer selection and live music.
Thursdays are wings & Yuengs, $.35 wings and $7.99 pitcher of Yuengling and the wings are really fantastic.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We went there for a later drink had beers and salads. It was ok but loud music so we couldn't even talk over it.

Reviewed November 21, 2011

This was our 3rd visit to Mickey's. The staff is good and the Pub is in a good location. The food is good. Love the burgers. Chili cheese fries are good too. Good sandwiches. Had a good band there this last trip on Saturday night. Pay them a visit.

Reviewed October 27, 2011

Wow !!!! An irish Pub with Irish Owners !!! This is truly a great place. Food is well prepared, and delicious. A real FUN place ,with a lot of nice fun people that seem to go there on a regular basis..
Don't miss this place, and Enjoy !!