“Monkitail”

Reserve a Table
Sun, 10/20
8:00 PM
Ranked #3 of 733 Restaurants in Hollywood
Description: Celebrity chef and restaurateur Michael Schulson brings his modern Japanese fare to Hollywood, Florida with the opening of Monkitail. Schulson's menu is a contemporary take on the classic ‪izakaya‪, featuring sharable small plates and sushi as well as an array of specialty cocktails and saké. Surrounding an open robatayaki kitchen in the heart of the restaurant is a 15-seat sushi bar and a private dining area overlooking the Atlantic Ocean.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Pablo was our server, he made fabulous recommendations and we loved the small plates so we could try several items. Great suggestions, I loved everything we had! Make sure you look for Pablo, wonderful service with a smile.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (334)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The food was just average, nothing exciting especially for the money we spent. I have had better sushi at many other places compared to this restaurant and it's disappointing when you get excited over a place that is suppose to specialize in it. Won't be going back as it was extremely loud as well.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I really enjoyed the meal we had last night. Our waiter, Jaime, was great making recommendations and pacing our way through the meal. The duck was unbelievable that we ordered it again. You must try the sushi ice cream for desert. Definitely try this place if you are visiting Ft. Lauderdale.

Reviewed September 8, 2019

To try to get the full experience of this restaurant try the chef's tasting menu, it gives you the opportunity to try a little sample of multiple dishes offered. Everything I had was superb. For the most part, each dish was delivered in a timely manner and I found myself satisfied with the amount of food provided. As for the quality of food, for a restaurant esteemed at this caliber, I though could have been a little better tended to, particular with some of their non seafood items. However, the various selection of dishes was quite extensive, like the golden eye snapper, for other similar style restaurants found in South Florida. I was further impressed by the sake selection offered. All in all I would recommend this restaurant for a great date night.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed September 8, 2019

I happened to find this place on yelp and it lived up to expectations. I would give it a 4.5 overall. The Bao buns are absolutely delicious and probably the best thing we had. The duck scrapple one is their most popular item and we saw why. It was tender and delicious. The night we dined they had a special pork belly one and that was also great. We also tried the tempura shrimp tacos which had a wonderful balance of flavors. The sushi we had was really just ok, I wouldn't have been as happy with the dinner if we had just got sushi. I was surprised but it really wasn't anything special. The Chicken teriyaki and shrimp fried rice were both the best I've ever had. The rice has a lot of flavor and they serve the chicken teriyaki in a unique manner. We also had one of the kobe beef robatayaki which was super tender and delicious. Our server Max was knowledgeable and provided great service. Overall a great dinner.