“Great for lunch--home cooking with flair!”
Review of Exotic Bites - CLOSED

Exotic Bites
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We really enjoyed the great and unusual flavors here, the comfy seating and the lovely service. We'd come back any time!

1  Thank Ffax
There are newer reviews for Exotic Bites

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Exotic Bites is a cute little restaurant located on Harrison St. It has a lounge feel setup with not only tables for dining but a small bar and couches for those looking to chill out and smoke a little Hookah. We choose to sit outside, since the restaurant was a bit dark and stuffy and because it was a nice day out.

Although it was tempting, it was the middle of the day, so I had to pass on the Hookah. I didn't however, pass on their Falafel Entree. Along with the Falafels, it came with salad, couscous, and pita bread. Everything was fresh and tasty. I really liked their Falafels because they were huge and packed full of flavor and not dry.

My boyfriend who met me for lunch isn't a fan of Mediterranean or Middle Eastern food. So stupidly, he decide it would be a good idea to order the Philly Cheese Steak off the American portion of the menu. Obviously, he was disappointed. It wasn't even an attempt at a Philly but simply a Middle Eastern take on the sandwich. On top of that, it was cold, the cheese wasn't melted and the fries looked like they were chopped up into itty bitty pieces.

Despite that little mishap, the waitress was one of the nicest, most genuine people I have ever encountered. She was very sincere and apologetic that my boyfriend didn't like his food and made every attempt to rectify the situation, although we didn't take her up on any of her offers. She has a sort off of beat personality but she was really fun and funny. I truly enjoyed having her as our server.

So the conclusion is that the food here is good, just don't order food that a restaurant doesn't specialize in because it probably won't be very good. However, Exotic Bites, if you don't intend to make it good, just don't put it on the menu. The service was spectacular and the best part of the meal!

1  Thank chewclue
Reviewed January 20, 2013

The place was empty. The food was not very good and was overpriced. Among other things we ordered the hummus for $6.95 and got such a small plate that should have been half that price. Not recommended.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I spent a week volunteering for an election campaign in Hollywood which mean food of any sort was a luxury. Places looked nice from the outside but there simply wasn't the time. The night of the election after all the polls had closed my brother, who was the one that brought me down there in the first place, suggested we go to Exotic Bites as he had been there before. With our dad in tow we made the trip and were instantly greeted by Mike and sat at a table where we could watch election coverage on the television.

Now I am not intimately familiar with the nuances of Mediterranean cuisine but every dish was good and the service is what stood out. Our waiter Mike was really engaging and when it came time to pay the bill (after the showmanship of three guys deciding who would cough up the cash) Mike asked me to come meet the owner. I believe Manny was his name and we spoke at length about life and food and he insisted I come back if I was ever in town again.

Worth a visit because the food is good but the people are even better.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Great hummus. The dinners were kind of pricey. It was plated with a salad, meat, and potatoes for $16. There was a belly dancer performing, which was kind of fun. Hookahs and couch tables. A fun date place to try interesting food.