Manta Ray Inn
$76
$169
$161
  • Pool
Hollywood Beach Suite and Hotel(Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$88
Beach Rooms Inn - Hollywood Beach(Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$104
$279
$262
$231
  • Beachfront
All reviewsbath apartmenthollywood beachfamily owned and operatedbeach towelshome away from homehigh risefull kitchenshort walkwatch the sunrisesouth floridaother guestsrooms are comfortablespent a weekparking spotoverlooking the oceanprivate beachfirst floor
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We booked this inn solely based on its #1 rating with trip advisor. I called to set up my booking, the person I spoke with and then emailed back and forth with was extremely friendly and helpful. We arrived 3-4 hours before check in time,, they kept our bags for us and let us hang out by the beach then came to let us know when the room was ready. The man who checked us in was very helpful and even went to get our bags from the office for us. They are very clean and comfortable rooms with a wonderful view of the beach and ocean. This is a great little gem on Hollywood beach and I will definitely come back here if I'm in the area again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Donna B, Owner at Manta Ray Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

We are so happy that you enjoyed your visit with us at the Manta ray Inn even though it was not long enough!! The staff definitely appreciated your comments and we do hope that you will be back to see us again soon!!!!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We have just stayed here for a week,we found it to be very clean and right on the beach,we had a one bedroom apartment which was actually very spacious ,we met one of the owners and she was quick to ask if everything was ok and to not hesitate to tell her if there was a problem with our room,we found this a nice touch,we looked around before booking so close to Miami as a lot of the hotels have a $20 per night parking charge but this hotel comes with free on site parking with your own allocated parking bay ,overall we wouldn't hesitate in recommending this hotel and would stay again next time we are this way

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stphn196

It was such a pleasure to meet you and hope that on your next visit we will "exceed" your expectations!! Our staff definitely make every effort to provide you with a great vacation experience in a clean establishment! Please keep in touch and will see you again soon.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We love to stay at the Manta Ray. There are so few family owned cozy hotels anywhere, This little Gem is right on one of the best beaches anywhere. In addition to being walking distance from the Hollywood Beach Boardwak full of shops and place to eat (very clean). The hotel is, as my wife and I say "the end of a style of travel". I mix my work and fun time. We really can relax and enjoy our visits. Each room is really a little apartment. We can go out or cook in. The grounds have plenty of tables, chairs a few Bar-B-ques, the sandy beach is just a few feet away, parking is close and there is always on of the Boucher family (Thomas, Donna or Dwayne) around, just to make sure your having a great stay.

Room Tip: all the rooms are similar, it isjust 2 stories tall, all the rooms face the ocean.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Jim G

It is always so great to have the two of you come and enjoy our little piece of heaven! Sharing our Inn with travelers such as yourselves is what puts a smile on our face every day!! You know that you are an important part of the Manta Ray Inn family and that is what makes our jobs so easy!!
The Inn is definitely old Florida and we appreciate sharing it with you every visit!!!

Reviewed November 30, 2013

What a great place to stay in Hollywood Beach.
Wonderful management and a roomy one bedroom right on the beach can't get better than that.
We were able to stay in our room until our late flight out.... thank you.
Nice and quiet at night. Every thing you need to cook etc.
Our cab was arranged for us.
Free WiFi.
We loved this hotel and would come back again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank yann
Donna B, Owner at Manta Ray Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

It was such a pleasure to have the two of you stay with us and that your really enjoyed the family, laid back atmosphere of the Manta Ray Inn! We definitely do our best to make sure that each and every guest leaves with a warm and friendly feeling about the Manta Ray Inn. I know you said you will be back and we cannot wait for that to happen so we can really spend some time and get to now the two of you and make you part of our family!! See you soon and happy holidays!!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Upon my second visit here I had a BAD gut feeling. One of the reviewers earlier hit the nail on the head, and I thought he was crazy after my previous review and visit. I tend to agree now after a second visit and in low season at that.

I waited around for about ten minutes upon check in before anyone helped me. Their maintenance person assuring me that someone would come and help me and assured me that he locks the door and no one would have access to my bags, wrong, I left to go and look for someone, and they were in fact left unattended. It appears this person lives in the space immediately behind the so called (catch all) front desk.There is a general unfriendliness here which leads me to believe they are just waiting for a developer to come in and take them out of their MISERY. I was not in any way greeted as a returning guest who gave a glowing review.

No one was around most of the time I was there. Which is ok because I am a very independent traveler and know my way around Hollywood, but for someone else I am sure this is a problem .

Upon Check out a very weird thing happened. It appears the front desk is used for everything but Customer Service, and they appear not to be able to keep help that is not family. There was someone, I am sure a friend of the owner's sitting there sewing the ratty bedspreads into pillows(cheap)telling me how short staffed the Inn is and how all the GUYS were at Nascar. I would not think this is a problem except for the fact that it was not her place to tell me the owner's business. I was sitting there struggling and it was TMI and unprofessional. I was struggling to print a boarding pass because she told me "OH they don't do that but you can use the computer" I don't consider myself computer illiterate but they had a weird Safari setup on their computer so once I got into it I was having a problem printing and then I wanted to also erase any trace of my information and could not. This women quilting in the office storms out to the Owner who is micro managing the cleaning people, who don't by the way speak English(and she is rude enough to mention that) We are in South Fla and you have been here how long, 20 years, learn some Spanish., She told me earlier her usual person had a wedding, doubtful since on their website/Facebook they are advertising for someone, which in and of itself is unprofessional and not re assuring for guests and to be overwhelmed by 11 rooms? I have been at other small lodging in other beach places, family owned that handle this flawlessly with no notice to customers.. Anyway, The owner storms in with an attitude and prints for me and then offers to call a cab for me the next day for my travel to the airport. At this point since she seems soo utterly stressed out and does not ask me for my cell number or anything, and because I have an early flight I call the cab company myself to find out she has not made the reservation by 3Pm that day. I was nice enough to call her from where I was for the day to tell her not to bother that I did it and she lies and tells me she will be in the office until 6 , this may have been true but their posted hours are until earlier, how was I to know. No customer service, no caring, no nothing. Only one room is worth the price they charge and it is creepy to think this woman would let a single woman traveling alone be stranded or raped because she gave out a room number to a cab driver without my knowledge which is what she told me when we went back and forth after my stay. I just have such a SICK feeling. If this is the number one place in Hollywood Beach, that is very sad. I tend to think the reviews are from friends and I know she is a chamber and SSL member, so It is all skewed. I feel like I now need a vacation from this vacation and am planning something soon.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank MABB26

We really thank you for your comments and sorry that someone being in the office from 9:30 am to sometimes after 6 pm while you were with it did not seem to complete your needs. Our night time security guard was definitely aware of you being there and did exchange discussion with you on several occasions. Not sure who you refer to as a maintenance man as we do not have one so I have to guess that you were thinking about Gerry our housekeeper that has been with us for now almost 11 years and he does not, and has not ever lived on the premises. Gerry has been such a part of our Manta Ray Inn Family and even though he now is aging he definitely is still part of our Manta Ray Inn staff and we think of him as family! It saddens me to think that you did not enjoy your second stay with us at the Manta Ray Inn even though you were in an ocean front one bedroom apartment that had just had an upgraded bathroom at a cost of $10,000.00. That would tell you that we are committed to the property and to our guests who are part of our Manta Ray Inn family. We definitely try to give every customer the personal attention that they need and to supply everything that they need to have a relaxed getaway. Our efforts with you
failed and we will try with other customers to make the corrections to have the "exceed their expectations". It seems strange to see the now left in your room about how much you enjoyed your stay and the upgrades to the bathroom!! I am sure that you will enjoy your next visit at another Superior Small Lodging property!!