“Family Get-away”
Review of Manta Ray Inn

Manta Ray Inn
Ranked #3 of 71 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed July 19, 2012

24 family members from AZ, OH,and MD all converged on Manta Ray Inn from June 30 - July 7th. Everyone is still talking about what a great time we had. Considering how many of us there were, and the fact that we took over 7 of the units, Thomas and Jerry went beyond all expectations in making sure we had everything we needed, from a blender for smoothies, to airbeds. As usual, the rooms were always clean, towels plentiful, and everything we needed, if not in the unit, was found and delivered promptly.
A couple of us have been to Manta Ray previously, and those that were there for the first time are already looking forward to going back.
The weather was perfect, having the beach and ocean just steps away is such a benefit, and viewing the 4th of July fireworks from the patio, without having to fight crowds and traffic before or after was ideal.
The broadwalk, parasailing, and a trip to a near-by spa were just some of the highlights of our week at Manta Ray Inn.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Mantaray07, Owner at Manta Ray Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2012

The Manta Ray Inn was happy to have your entire family there and it was great that you thought of
such a fun family reunion and definitely picking the week over 4th of July paid off with the fireworks
to top it all off. Cannot wait to see you back again, but keep in touch with us through facebook!!

There are newer reviews for Manta Ray Inn

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Just spent a week with three generations. 24 of us ranging in age between 18 months to 76 years young. Manta Ray was the perfect choice for this reunion, the accommodations were excellent as each family group had their own apartment to retreat to when nap time called. Thomas went above and beyond making sure we had everything we could possibly need and a special thanks to Gerry who's patience was extraordinary when faced with a 2 year old who insisted on helping him clean the rooms!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Mantaray07, Owner at Manta Ray Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

I am so happy that your entire family had a great time!! Family reunions are always fun and when you can do it on the beach it is even better. I am dying for you to share some of your photos with us.
Now it is the grandparents turn to come and RELAX!!!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights in April. I had a fight with my boyfriend while there and had to call the police to assist me in making sure he left. Very unfortunate. Management decided the best thing was to force me to leave. Rather than speaking to me personally, they called the police and allowed them into my room. Police were nice, and promised me that due to Florida law, I would be refunded and and all fund pre-paid. That is not what happened. They kept several hundred extra dollars, choosing to keep the deposit on top of the nightly rate. I made many calls, emails. I even copied the Florida Innkeeper Law for them to read, allowing them to correct their actions. The owners response has been to ignore me, not reply when they stated they would, essentially robbing me. I think they must figure since I am in NY that I will not be able to do anything. I have filed with my credit bureau, and just today the BBB and Florida licensing board. Unfair, unscrupulous business practices. Theft without remorse.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank TellinItLikeItIs4u
Reviewed June 26, 2012

My family and I have stayed at the Manta Ray for many weekend get aways. My husband, I and 2 children love the fact that we are on the ocean and able to open the door and let the children run to the beach. What could be better than that! Room was clean and child friendly!

Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

It is so much fun to see children play and have fun in the sun while mom and dad enjoy a cocktail!!
You are right, the children all really love the box of sand toys, the heated pool and over course the ocean!!!
Cannot wait until you all return!

Reviewed June 26, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Manta Ray Inn in Hollywood, Florida. This lovely, small hotel is located on a beautiful and expansive section of the beach, which is never crowded. The Manta Ray is an eleven room Hotel, owned and operated by the Boucher family. They are warm, accommodating and very nice people. We've stayed at the Manta Ray many times over the years, and return because it is peaceful, and unpretentious. The Bouchers are constantly upgrading amenities and facilities. The Hotel is beautiful, the rooms are lovely and very clean, with efficiency kitchen, comfortable furnishings, and good internet accessibility. There is a gas grill available for guests, as well as comfortable beach chairs. There is also private parking for guests. A mile north up the beach is the Holllywood Broadwalk with many, diverse restaurants and shops. The biggest problem with the Manta Ray, is that more and more people are discovering it, and it is advisable to make reservations weeks or months in advance during high season.

Room Tip: Request room 206. This is a second floor room that overlooks the ocean. Ten of eleven room face the...
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

So glad that we continue to "Exceed" your expectations. Our Manta Ray Inn family and staff find it easy to be helpful to such wonderful people. We are blessed to have you as loyal customers and we can never be too busy to try to accommodate the two of you!!

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Stayed at the Manta Ray for a mini vacation and can't wait to go back! The location is perfect, right on the beach and just a short walk to the Broadwalk. Having lived in California, I thought nothing could beat the beauty of their beaches, but the view here was absolutely breathtaking! The apartment rooms are spacious and the kitchen is equipped with everything you need, including coffee maker, stove, and microwave. TVs are large and my teenagers especially appreciated the free wi-fi. Beach chairs are provided and there is a very nice patio in the courtyard with grills for cooking. We walked to restaurants on the Broadwalk and since the intracoastal is just a block or so away, took just a short drive to dine on the water there. The Hard Rock Casino is also about a fifteen minute drive, and even with the location being on the beach, it is not too far to grocery stores and shopping. This is a family run motel and they really go above and beyond to make sure that your stay is enjoyable. From the reservation process through our stay and checking out, we were treated like family here---everyone could not have been nicer.

Management response:Responded June 24, 2012

The staff at the Manta Ray inn are very happy that they exceeded your expectations and that you found our little Inn comfortable! We are never happier than when a guest indicates that they had a wonderful stay! Thank you.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

we have spent many a happy holiday on the Gulf coast of Florida but have never stayed on the East coast. We had booked a cruise from Port Everglades for one week and wanted a self catering week close to the beach. We chose Manta Ray from the consistently good reviews on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed! This is a family run lodging and they pride themselves on cleanliness and good service. A very nice and relaxing break indeed!.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 24, 2012

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Manta Ray Inn. It is always a pleasure to host such wonderful guests and make new and lasting relationship. We cannot wait for you to return to our Inn! The beach is awesome!