Sea Downs and the Bougainvillea
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$109
$208
  • Pool
Beach Rooms Inn - Hollywood Beach(Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$84
  • Beachfront
$318
$249
Hotels.com
All reviewshollywood beachcrowded areaone bedroom apartmentpots pansumbrella tablesliving room areafull kitchenquiet endfew stepssmall kitchenclean poolrestaurants and shopsbroad walkpaper towelsocean viewhollywood areabeautiful beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 14, 2012

This was my first experience with a "Superior Small Lodging". Sea Downs is exactly that. It's very comfortable and a completely relaxing place. The owners and staff were all very friendly. Many of the guests were repeat visitors, and by the end of our stay we got to know some of them. The building is in a great location, and its one of the best maintained on the boardwalk. There are many great eating options nearby, and Ft Lauderdale and Miami are each only about a 20 minute ride. The only downside is that the pool is behind the building with no view.

2  Thank Paul G
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Wonderfull place to stay when you need to enjoy the sea-board.

Excellent beach conditions right across the broadwalk.

Prices a little high but what a place to live in.

Good parking for one car per room, and owners live on the site year round so they keep it quiet and clean.

Room Tip: No fitness centre & no restaurant but all rooms equipped with a kitchenette with stove, fridge and micro-wave. All rooms are facing the ocean and quiet but some are noisy because of the air conditioned
2  Thank Cloclo222
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I just stayed at Sea Downs for a relaxing weekend. I'm happy to report that it is an excellent value.

The hotel is a small, family-owned and operated little gem right on the Hollywood Broadwalk. The parking is free (one car per rental) and so is the wi-fi.. The location is excellent. It's just far enough away from the restaurants and bars, to offer some peace and quiet. However, it's a very short walk to places like the Marriott, or Nick's Bar when you want some good food or drinks.

Our room (really an apartment) had a living area, with a big picture window facing the ocean. The beach is only a few steps away. We also had a kitchen, bathroom, and bedroom, with plenty of closet space. The room had been recently painted and tiled. It was perfect for us.

The staff is awesome! I enjoyed meeting Trudy, in the office... and Sue (housekeeping) took good care of us.

If there was any drawback, it was the mattress.. It was actually two twin mattresses pulled together. I was told that it was brand new. It was very "basic". But overall, it wasn't a big deal.

I travel to Hollywood quite often, and Sea Downs will be my "go to" hotel from now on!

Room Tip: If you can't get a room at Sea Downs, their sister property, Bouganvilia, is steps away (but not beachfront)
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We recently returned from our stay at the Bougainvillea. We really enjoyed our vacation and love this area of the broadwalk. You can find my more detailed review of the Bougainvillea under "Specialty Lodging" ... but having stayed on site, I would like to suggest that if you have the extra cash, stay in the Sea Downs building and take advantage of the view - it's well worth the cost!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My fiancee and I stayed here and had the most wonderful, peaceful, really great time together. Having the beach right in the front and the wonderful service was a dream come true. I can't wait to be back and visit again, everyone was so welcoming and it is just beatiful, totally stress free!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple