“A Great Place to Stay!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hollywood
Sea Downs and the Bougainvillea
Ranked #21 of 71 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed October 30, 2007

I stayed at the Sea Downs, and from reading other reviews of this motel and location on the broadwalk, I was already excited before I even got there. And then, when I arrived, it was even better than I had imagined. It was unbelievable to me to be able to have a room RIGHT ON THE BEACH, and for such a reasonable price! The room was clean and comfortable. The view was fantastic. The atmosphere of the motel was warm and friendly. It was fun to talk to the other visitors as we all sat out on the patio watching the waves and the people on the broadwalk. For me, a beach-loving person, this motel and the location was paradise!

One thing I want to mention is how nice the broadwalk is. There is so much to see and do. One very fun thing for me was the concerts at the beach ampitheater in the evenings. The music was great (oldies but goodies), and I had a lot of fun dancing and singing along!

What a gem this motel is!! With so many of the other facilities along the broadwalk changlng to expensive condos, I hope and pray that the owners keep the Sea Downs just as it is - - a warm and friendly motel!

I will definitely be going back, I can't wait!!

Bonnie Doyle

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
7  Thank palmtreebonnie
There are newer reviews for Sea Downs and the Bougainvillea

Reviewed August 8, 2007

From all of the previous reviews of this site my family and I were prepared for a great time at a 'nice' hotel. Although not filthy, the room we were in was in need of a professional makeover/update. The view was a million dollars which over came most of our disappointments and we think the mngmt. knows this (thus the lack of maintenance). Curious that they have a gladly accept all major credit card sign on the lobby windows but when I checked in they said one must pay cash in advance ... I don't know about you but who in their right mind would hold that kind of cash...I'm guarding against a smart cookie who knows the 'house cash only' policy. Other than that the stay is pleasant and the guests were sweet.
One suggestion to the hotel, giving a room 10 small hand towels is not linen service...they said they don't have bath towels so bring some of your own..
To management, please clean your grill.
Don't have someone visit your room for even 10 minutes or you will incur a $20 per person charge

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
7  Thank geometry_man
Reviewed May 30, 2007

Recently spent a 4 day weekend at the SEA DOWNS and were very pleased with our accommodations and location right on the Hollywood Broadwalk. We had an oceanfront view..Very Nice!!

Things to know... The proprietors do not accept credit card reservations and either require cash or check deposit ($200 min) or full amount depending on arrival date... Leave your computer at home. There is dataport access, but it's dial up, so don't bother. We stayed in a one bedroom apt/suite which allowed us to cook all of our meals with full stove/oven, regular sized fridge, microwave, coffeemaker and kitchen utensils... Maid service daily except on Sundays... $10 deposit per Beach towel, so bring your own if you wish.... There is a small but very clean pool behind the hotel... Also, one car allowed per room.....

The room was very clean and the location was great! It was very quiet so we were able to relax. All rooms are non-smoking, but there is ample room outside available for smokers. The owners live on the property, so they have a full view of what is going on - very nice! The patrons were mostly middle aged or above as there is not much for kids to do except the beach.. Would recommend The Tides which is a sister property next door with a larger pool and beach access if you have younger children.

Rated the property as above average only because there is no onsite dining, no WiFi and limited cable TV channels.... For us, this place is excellent since we usually travel to Naples, Florida for this kind of R & R. We live in Miami, soooo we have a new retreat much closer to home.

We tried Giorgio's on A1A ( about 1 mile south)for breakfast and lunch - great bakery as well- which was pretty good. A block away is a locals bar and grill called Ocean's Eleven with good food, sports on TV and friendly staff. They also have a mini mart adjacent to the restaurant.

Back to the SEA DOWNS!! Great place..... Great Value(Marriott is much more expensive for a name).... Great Location!!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
6  Thank WeekendGetaways43
Reviewed April 30, 2007

We stayed at Bougainvillea for seven days before Easter. The service is wonderful and the facility is clean and new. We have two active kids (7 and 10) who spent a lot of time in the heated pool and at the beach across the walk. It's a fabulous location and is a great value for family. Next time we will book the rooms with ocean views as the cost is not much different. We look forward to our return.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank jennifermadison
Reviewed October 20, 2006

We stayed 7 nights at the Sea Downs in Hollywood Beach, Florida and absolutely loved it. We were really hesitant about staying so close to the Broadwalk, but it was wonderful. The Sea Downs has a nice patio in the front of the property that allows you to sit and relax and comfortably watch the ocean, the people, and the gorgeous sunrises.
The Sea Downs is far enough away from the main activity of the broadwalk, but close enough to not feel left out. We had planned on renting a car after our arrival, but after spending two days on the beach and exploring the nearby restaurants, we were not even motivated to do that. We did catch a bus, which stops right on the corner, two blocks down and navigated our way to Fort Lauderdale. Now, that was an adventure!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
8  Thank jclark1421
Reviewed March 10, 2006

I have stayed at both the Sea Downs and the Bougainvillea and prefer the Bougainvillea even though it is not right on the beach. It's only a few steps from the beach and you have a nicely landscaped area in front of your room to get some sun. My room was very clean and had what looked like a new bathroom. It had a full kitchen which is nice to be able to save a few bucks on breakfast and lunch. The housekeeper was very friendly and kept the room stocked with clean towels and emptied the trash if you hadn't gotten around to it. I highly recommend the Bougainvillea as a nice quiet place to stay almost on the beach and within walking distance of places to eat and souvenir shop. The parking is free and the excitement of Fort Lauderdale and South Beach is within easy driving distance.

• Stayed: December 2005
9  Thank flaguy
A TripAdvisor Member
Rockville, MD
Reviewed December 8, 2004

I have just returned home from a week in a one-bedroon unit at the Bougainvillea. It lies across Surf Road (really only 20 feet wide and zero traffic) from the Tides, so it's just a few steps from the Broadwalk. As others have said, these owners keep very clean and tidy lodgings. The bathroom and full kitchen facilities appeared to be very new. A full tub bath with shower. A four-burner electric stove with oven. Also a microwave, a toaster & a coffee-maker. The bed was comfortable. Huge closet and lots of storage drawers for an extended stay. Ceiling fans in both the large living/dining room and bedroom. The air condx / furnace was a small central type for this one unit. It was quiet, unlike the units one sometimes finds in even fancy hotels. There was no extra charge for use of the room's safe.

Trying not to be ultra-fussy, but there were a few downsides. The people above my grouind floor unit walked around continuously until 11 pm and their tile living room floor didn't dampen the footsteps right over my bedroom. The outdoor compressor for someone's air condx made a fair amount of noise, though the unit for mine could never be heard. "Maid service" meant that towels were replaced daily, but one had to make one's own bed. No beach towels furnished. New sheets weekly.

Would I return? Absolutely. I've paid twice as much for much inferior quality elsewhere.

13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member