“Health Hazard!!Falling Apart!!”

Hollywood Beach Resort
Ranked #60 of 71 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed April 25, 2007

Awful ! A complete health hazard !! After having an awful experience with Expedia in Fort Lauderdale, I still had to find a room in Hollywood for 1 night while a waited for my next day flight. I was there on business.
When I arrived at Ramada, the outside was o.k., but the inside!!
The hotel was far past it’s heydays of the 1920s’. And they still have not done any renovations! I only needed the room until my flight the next day and I just wanted to sleep!

The hotel rooms were disgusting! The carpet had not been cleaned in who knows how long! There was a serious science project going on in the bathroom!( “Eventually the mold and mildew will grow tall enough to hold up the ceiling?”)!

I stayed out side the whole time at the beach and walking around, I was too afraid to stay inside. The hallways in the hotel made you feel like you were in the movie “The Shining” and any minute you would see the little girls in the hallway asking you to play! The inside was like a ghost town with closed up empty shopping spaces. No one ever cleaned the glass doors or windows. Even the non smoking rooms still reeked of stale cigarettes. And the security guards were scary! If you are a girl …. Stay far away from these guys, just walking past them and there comments is enough.

I would not wish this place on my worst enemy

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank brazilbikini10
There are newer reviews for Hollywood Beach Resort

Reviewed April 25, 2007

My friend & I wanted a "good" hotel for our last night touring S Florida ~ this hotel looked great. We rang & were quoted $120 for a room with 2 beds which we booked
On arrival our check -in guy answered 3 phone calls whilst "attending" to us~ the other attendant checked in 3 other parties while we were still waiting . I asked to speak with the manager as I was disgusted with his surly ignorant manner. I was told he wasn't in, despite a sign saying he was, & the assistant manager didn't want to address the issue.
The room was filthy & stank of damp. The bed linen was damp. The bathroom was dingy with the filthiest dusty plastic flower in a dust-ridden plastic "vase"
WORST ~ on check out we were charged $180 plus tax ~ we paid less at possibly the best hotel in Old Town Key West ~ when I argued this wasn't what I was quoted over the phone when booking I got nowhere ~ I was virtually called a liar.
This is no Ramada hotel ~ go stay at one of the little motels further along the A1A ~ save yourself over $100 & insults

Stayed: April 2007
3  Thank FleetLady
Reviewed April 23, 2007

I can't for the life of me understand how anyone could not love this hotel. I have been staying there for 5 years now. I absolutely love it. It is right on the beach. Has a beautiful pool. A great pizza and Chinese restaurant right in the hotel. The rooms are quite comfortsble. The room has a fridge, microwave, stove and they supply you with free packages of coffee, cream and sugar. The room has a ironing board and iron, hair blower. free shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash, body lotion and soap. My GOD! what more could you ask for. All the attendants are very pleasant and helpful. There is also a little store in the lobby. A continental breakfast is included with your stay. If there is a problem, all these wonderful amenities should make up for any little problem that you may.have. Also, you get a free newspaper every morning at your door. I love this hotel and I reccomend it to everyone. I am very sorry that I never bought a condo in the hotel when they were cheaper. Enjoy your stay, I would never stay any other place, especially for the price.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank BarbieNewBritain
Reviewed April 19, 2007

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in April 07. Service at the front desk was slow and it seemed as if the didn't care if you were there or not.
The first night I was put in a 'suite'. I was watching TV from the bed when a mouse ran across the floor and jumped behind the couch. I was so beat that I just ignored it and went to bed.
The next day, my key wouldn't work, so I went to report this - and the mouse. The manager was shocked and offered to move my room immediately, to another suite. I got to this room, the key didn't work...again. When I finally got in, the fire alarm was beeping, I guessed it was low battery. I went o push the button to see if it would stop, and the thing fell off the wall and was hanging by the wires. In addition, both rooms smelled bad - the second was worse b/c it was a smoking room, but the only suite left I'm guessing.

PRO's: Location, no problems parking ($4/day charge).
CONS: Not clean, fairly poor service, smells, the mouse, the keys, although it looked semi 'renovated' it was sort of chincy.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank KillerB
Reviewed April 8, 2007

This place was the most disgusting hotel I have ever seen. We got there ate at the bar (which served me moldy cheese on my salad) and went up to the room and then checked out. If you like cleanliness and a touch of class this is not the place for you.

Stayed: April 2007
1  Thank Monique590
Reviewed April 7, 2007

My stay coincided with spring break, so rates were higher than usual, but over all, it was worth it. Just be aware that this IS a condominium/hotel, which means they are under an agreement with Ramada to run as a hotel, but it is privately owned and managed. This means the service/maintenance might not be what you expect from a typical hotel chain. It is an old hotel, and it shows.

The first room I was assigned (3rd floor) was the last down a terribly dingy and unbelievably smoky, smelly corridor, with stained carpets. It smelled so bad my friend couldn't stop coughin, even once we made it in the room. One of the tiles in the kitchen was broken on the floor and the bathtub was rusty so we asked to switch rooms (though the living room was newly decorated with great furniture.

The second, a suite on the 4th floor, was unexpectedly roomy, with a separate living/dining and bedroom, two baths (one tub/shower combo, one shower), and two huge walk-in closets. (the hallway on this floor weren't even close to how bd the 3rd floor hall smells) There were 2 tvs/ iron w/ board, safe, king bed, hairdryer, and full kitchen with microwave. The room did smell a little musty at first and there were some towels on the dining set (later discovered these were covering up some stains) but housekeeping took care of that on the next night. The room was HUGE with three full windows (that open to let in some breeze). It was a very comfortable room to come back to after a long day of walking. Water temperature was great for baths and water pressure made for a relaxing shower (massaging shower head).

Front desk staff was helpful, pool was clean (but crowded), big hot-tub facing the beach (closes at 9pm though), boardwalk and beautiful sandy beach only a few steps away.

Yes, the tub was smaller than I'd like (I'm very tall), the carpet stained, the halls musty, the breakfast ordinary at best, but if you're going for the beach, you can't beat the location. Waking up to a beach sunrise each morning can't be beat!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Pipersmar
Reviewed April 3, 2007

hollywood beach resort is a very nice place great location boardwalk is not the hilton but is a place where you can go and have some fun enjoy a week or two on the beach you know, and dont have to spend a trillion dollars to stay if i wanted to do that id stay in the four season hotel people get (--)because they think there going to the hilton is not the hilton is an above average hotel your not going to find stainless steel aplainses in your bedroom only some regular furniture is a average hotel thats why you pay average money me and the wife spend a week there and we got what we expected and payd for i live in boston mass i know what expensive hotels are like if your looking for a reaseanable price than hollywood is the place for you dont read into these stupid reviews that people write is really not that bad...

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank mrtboston