“A one star hotel”

Ranked #59 of 69 Hotels in Hollywood
Steinbach, Canada
“A one star hotel”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

I stayed here for seven nights. I am used to budget hotels and this is what the hotel was. My room was falling apart. I had to laugh at the shape my room was in. I did a lot of activities in Miami Beach and the Bayside Market. On a good day it was a 45 min to one hour drive and rush hour it was a 1 hour 15 min to 2 hour ride. The hotel seems to be in the middle of no where. The internet was very poor in my room and I would have to go down to the lobby to browse. I could hear the next door neighbors snoring, laughing, and heard their TVS. I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Marigold F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Korean first
Manchester
Reviewed February 13, 2012

I stayed in a "Petite Mini Suite". It was not a suite but it sure was a mini! The end of the bed was less than a foot from the dresser/TV stand. One whole wall was a mirror (I guess to make it look bigger) and that was not attractive. I felt claustrophobic in the tiny room--I have never stayed in such a tiny room at a resort. The "kitchenette" was sparsely furnished. Ironically, there were pots and pans but no stove. The bathroom was dirty, the walls were thin so you could hear everything--people talking, walking, banging their hotel doors. The best thing about this hotel is the location--right on the beach and on the boardwalk.

I love to sit on the beach but this hotel does not have any free chairs to use on the beach nor do they rent any beach chairs out. There are beach chairs available for rent on the beach thru an independent company if the people who rent them are working. I was at Hollywood Beach from Monday to Saturday and the only day the beach guy showed up was on Saturday. So, if you want to sit on the beach you will probably have to buy a chair to use for the week.

The pool is nice--but I was at once again there was a chair problem There weren't enough chairs for the people who wanted to sit at the pool. I did enjoy the Broadwalk--lots of shops, restaurants, and good people watching. Good for biking, walking, and rollerblading as well. Rent a bike and ride down to the pier-nice ride.

Room Tip: It's all a crap shoot as rooms are individually owned and decorated by owners. Many people at t...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank onthego333
Reviewed February 10, 2012

My family and I stayed here 2/6/12 through 2/8/12... and we are severely ILL! Apparently, because this is a cruise port hotel, the cruise ship illness is being passed around this place! My mother got sick the first evening, and we were all 5 sick by the time we left! The bug is apparently floating around this place. DO NOT stay here!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lisette13
Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed February 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this old historic hotel that was located right on the boardwalk on Hollywood Beach. This hotel was not one that we will ever go back to ever again. It was right on the beach which was nice and they had a great pool. Our room was gross. The bathroom was falling apart (the drain in the bathtub/shower didn't work, the shower head threatened to fall off, there were stains on the blanket and pillows, the kitchen looked filthy). My husband and I could not wait to get out of there. Oh and the concierge was less than helpful. We wanted to go to Sawgrass Mills mall to shop and he quoted us $80 by taxi. The next day when we were waiting for the airport shuttle we found out that there was a tour for $30 to the mall offered by the hotel. Um so why didn't he tell us. Also there was a free internet connection in the business center that we found by accident because the ladies at the front desk told us that there was no internet at the hotel. They have no safe place to store luggage if you should happen to arrive before your room is ready. Your luggage is left right out in the open beside the consierge desk and he his rarely at his post. Did I mention how rude this man is. I think he's in the wrong profession because he was not helpful to the guests at all.

This hotel is off our list.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Debbie K
Maine
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I have stayed here many times, the property has been undergoing changes and upgrades for quite some time. The rooms are clean and most have a kitchen. Not luxurious accommodations by any means, but I know when I am on vacation the only time I'm in the room is to sleep and get cleaned up. You only have to walk out the back door to get to the beach and the pool is nice and big. But it is O'Malley's that brings me back to the hotel time and time again. The staff is friendly and fun, the prices are very reasonable for south Florida and the food is great. $10 domestic beer buckets on weekdays until 7pm, and ladies drink free on Wednesday nights. What's not to love? Then it's just a ride up the elevator to get some rest and do it all over again the next day.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank BarBabe
West hempstead
Reviewed January 23, 2012

At first arriving we go into a parking garage that reminds me of the Disaster ride at Universal Orlando. There is three elevators to take, I usually play a game like the Price is Right. I guess what's behind each door, door one is vomit, door two is urine and door three just doesn't work!! When entering the Hotel to check in, I'm waiting behind this old woman complaining that someone went into her room and stole one of her meds! Once I get my room card I'm heading to the fourth floor, but first have to go through security. This is a 24 hour operation with a guard behind the glass and a sliding door that you need an active room card to open, or just wave at the guard he let's anyone in! There is also a store in the lobby where you can get almost anything. If you want lottery tickets you might wait for ten minutes because the " big boned" woman in high heals says "they don't make any money on lottery". There is about five active businesses in this Hotel, including two T shirt places. I always buy my cloth at the one out back. They have the best shirts, this year I bought a "Marlins World Champs", "George Bush for President" and a Bob Griese Dolphin jersey. On Sunday there is an organic produce stand that I love going to, I can get a bag of oranges and a lunch at O Malleys for under a $100! If you are at the beach or pool and you need something there is a gormet deli in the far end on the outside of the hotel. Everytime I go there I see "street people" standing outside the entrance. This place reminds me of Harry Hopes bar in the Iceman Cometh. Also known as the "end of the line cafe"!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Santos W
Minnesota
Reviewed January 18, 2012

The only reason I gave it 2 stars was the view. Apparently it's a Bi-sexual hotel as the first time I went to the pool I was asked if I was Bi-sexual. Been married 32 years and 3 kids......duh. Seriously! Talked to few other "residents" here and no one had anything good to say about it. Spend your hard earned money elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo