“GREAT PLACE” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #59 of 69 Hotels in Hollywood
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
“GREAT PLACE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

The room was clean and maid service was great. Came with a fully stocked kitchen. Security is great and no one gets on the elevator without putting in a room key. Very safe place. Pool is great and the pool attendent Widmark was so nice and helpful. Front desk very friendly and the conciege Oliver was so nice and helpful. He even found my cellphone that I lost. A very honest man. Shuttle service to the hotel is only 9.00 and a bargain. Store in the hotel is very reasonable priced. O'Malleys bar had great food. Gym was also nice. Not a 5 star for looks but 5 star for service and clean room. Couldn't have asked for more

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Korean first
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

I've had better rooms at a Motel 6. If you like smoke filled rooms and hallways this is the place for you. I was there for 4 days and the first room I received was so small, dark and depressing, it almost made me cry. You can’t even open the windows especially if you’re suffocating from the nasty smells. I couldn't change rooms until the next day which was a little better.

The $10 daily resort fee is a joke. Usually, hotels already provide the basic necessities like umbrellas and chair pads for a swimming pool most have fitness centers, a business center and sometimes a hotel shuttle etc. The fitness center at this hotel was in such bad shape it consisted of missing or rusted weights, non functioning TVs which looked like they’ve been there since the 60s, and old machines etc. The only thing the hotel has going for it is the location which is right on the beach with restaurants, shops, and bars in walking distance. I didn’t have a car so I wasn’t stuck with the additional $15 parking fee. From the Fort Lauderdale Airport, I just took the free shuttle to the Tri-Rail station and then the #4 city bus from to this hotel which only cost me $1.75 and stops a block away. There is also a Hollywood shuttle that takes you around town for $1.00.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

Decent value right on the beach and convenient to trolley. Check in staff very pleasant. Concierge staff, not so much. Internet worked sporadically, usually not when I really needed it to. Onsite restaurants okay. Was told shuttle only goes to airport and cruise port but saw it taking folks various other places. So, I had to pay for taxi service to the train station.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank 18Pearl
Palm Coast, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

This hotel is so dirty and smelly. The first room they put us in was terrible. They changed our room. We booked a room on the Ocean. The floor was so dirty we had to throw our socks out. Nothing was dusted and the mirror were not clean. Between the wall and the sink there is a toilet that you can hardly fit on. We called the front desk to have someone was our floors and left a $7.00 tip and when we came back in it was still dirty. We had to wear our crocs all the time. We couldn't even get out of bed without putting our crocs on. The hotel is run down, it is a dump. The parking garage is so filfthy I don't think they cleaned the floors in 20 years. I wished I would of read reviews on this hotel before I booked it. The shower has no water pressure you can hardly get the soap off of you. They charge you a $10.00 a day resort fee to use the pool and then at the pool they charge you $3.00 for an umbrella and charge you for a pad. The parking is $15.00 a day for such a dirty parking structure and the elevator will get you sick. Save your money and do not book this hotel. This place is also a Timeshare so most people came in for the timeshare for Ramada. They have both names on the place.

Room Tip: Really research a hotel before you book.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dirty_Harry31
Farmington Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

Our first impression of the room was it looked a bit plain and a bit out dated such as the kitchenette. It also, looked a bit cold because the floor was tile versus carpet. However, ever once we got moved in we noticed how everything in the room was very clean and maintained. All the staff from the desk, restraunt, security, and pool were wonderful-extremely friendly and accomodating! This is our second stay for spring break and we are definately loooking forward toward to our third!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kell_123_11
Elmira, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

Before leaving for my vacation I had read up on here about lots of negative reviews on this hotel. So, I am making sure that everyone knows that I think some people are out to complain! This resort was only rated 2 star so I went with that in mind. The rooms were clean, beds were comfy, and the overall appearance of the hotel was that of kind of run down. But we had overheard that management had changed, and also decided that they place was huge, and old, two things which would make it hard to keep renos up to date. But they are trying! The staff was awesome! Very helpful, even offered to change our room to a king size room bed without us even asking. They printed off our boarding passes for our flight and gave us helpful information throughout our stay. They were very friendly, polite, and approachable. The pool was fabulous! It was warm, and it best of all it was right beside the beach so you could people watch or take a dunk in the ocean. O'Malley's Ocean Pub was the restaurant, and we enjoyed eating there every night. Our waiter was fanastic! Location was prime. The hotel is located right in the middle of the boardwalk. So you had everything within walking distance. We rented bicycles, rollerblades, and walked the 3 mile boardwalk during our stay. In a nutshell, I knew it wasn't a 5 star hotel, I went with that expectation. It was priced accordingly, and it was a great place to relax. Thanks to all the staff!!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank Sniderette
Fort Lee, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

This is a classic dump for those looking for ideal location, decent amenities and reasonable rates. 'My' mini apartment faced the ocean but was over an expanse of roof - privacy and palm trees. I loved it because privacy was not an issue and great lite and water views. The hotel staff was very pleasant. No need to contact service and I'm not a free breakfast person so I didn't try the restaurant. Coffee was easily available in a number of locations for purchase. Other guests and staff very friendly. Parking was easy at what NYers consider reasonable cost - $15 for about 26 house with in and outs.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo