WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel

Hollywood Beach Resort Cruise Port Hotel
Ranked #59 of 70 Hotels in Hollywood
Fort Lee, Virginia
“Ideal beach front casual”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2011

This is a classic dump for those looking for ideal location, decent amenities and reasonable rates. 'My' mini apartment faced the ocean but was over an expanse of roof - privacy and palm trees. I loved it because privacy was not an issue and great lite and water views. The hotel staff was very pleasant. No need to contact service and I'm not a free breakfast person so I didn't try the restaurant. Coffee was easily available in a number of locations for purchase. Other guests and staff very friendly. Parking was easy at what NYers consider reasonable cost - $15 for about 26 house with in and outs.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Downtoearthtravel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Korean first
Hialeah Gardens, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2011

I didnt receive the room i paid for.i paid for a double bed room and instead they didnt have anymore and i received two single bedrooms on two different floors.It was suppose to be a family vacation and we had to be completely seperated.only thing they did for us was give us a voucher for free continental breakfast!another thing is you pay resort fees yet you dont get a ticket for free parking.You have to pay $15 a day for parking seperatly from the hotel.Pool was nice,hotel is on the boardwalk.i wouldnt recommend this hotel

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank rubenn11
Toledo, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2011

Do not waste your money! The place is dirty. Staff is inattentive. Décor and premises are sub-par. Look for something else.

Here is a snapshot of our experience at this hotel:

Room: Not the room we reserved!
Not ready for our check-in at 3:30 pm!
Dirty, outdated, NO direct Ocean-view, which we were promised.

Hotel/Premises: Dirty, dirty, dirty!
All glass windows, entry doors, etc. looked like they had NEVER been washed. We never saw any hotel staff cleaning them. Disgusting to touch.

1st floor and 2nd floor “Oceanwalk Shopping Mall”: Most shops were empty, the remaining were hokey, lacked variety, contained tasteless novelties and t-shirts. The rest of the boardwalk shopping, I must admit though, was the same. Cheap imported goods that lacked quality.

Hotel staff: Inattentive, unfriendly (most of them) Front desk woman was actually very RUDE. Most staff had a very hard time speaking English, and of course, understanding it. The security guard at the elevator was friendly, and so was the man at the pool cabana. No one else stood out.

Breakfast/Dining room: Disgusting! Crumbs everywhere, a BIRD and his droppings occupied the room for five of the six days we were there. We ALWAYS had to clean our own table to eat. The staff only removed dirty dishes (very leisurely I might add- NEVER in a hurry). I watched the table-bussers remove the dishes, and then stand in a short hallway by the kitchen talking with one another or standing there with their arms folded when tables needed cleaned, floors needed swept, food buffets needed serviced. And geez- maybe they could have gone around greeting people and asking, how is your breakfast?

Website inaccuracies/discrepancies:

“Each room is appointed with crown molding, marble vanity tops, new pillowtop mattresses, new bedspreads, bed shams and pillow shams.” Bull crap. We had crown molding, but NO MARBLE VANITY TOP- just cheap laminate. Our beds were not “pillow top,” and if the bedspread was new, they must have bought it at a 1980s Miami Vice retro shop.

“A daily resort fee of $10.00 – per room/per day – will be added to your room account, which will include all of the listed services below—gratuities remain at your discretion”.
• Unlimited access to Fitness Center
• Newspaper- "USA TODAY"
• Wireless Internet-throughout the hotel
• Pool side and fitness center towels
• Unlimited use of Chairs, Chaise lounges on Pool Deck
• In-Room Safe
• Cable TV with Showtime CH #98
• Local call
• Incoming Fax services
• Certificate for a Bahamas Cruise

We NEVER got a newspaper, and never even saw the USA Today anywhere in the hotel! Wireless internet was available and free, but the “Pool-side towels” were not included with the $10 charge. We had to pay $3 each just to get a lounge chair with a yellow beach towel that looked like it was 20 years old- THIN, SCRATCHY, STAINED, WORN- no joke! We also never received any “certificate for a Bahamas Cruise.” No one even mentioned this to us.

“Fully Equipped Kitchens”

We had an oven/stove along with all the other appliances in our room. HOWEVER, I called the front desk one evening at 8:30 and asked for a pizza pan or cookie pan. (Something without a plastic handle to put in the oven to warm our leftover pizza), and the staff person said he would look for one, and NEVER CALLED US BACK! After waiting 20 minutes, we realized he was not going to come so we just heated the pizza in the microwave.

There are so many other choices if you want to stay in Hollywood on the beach. The beach is beautiful and the boardwalk is cool, but this hotel was terrible.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank 4Paws43617
West Palm Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2011

Booked a ocean view suite and called to make sure I had an ocean view suite, when I got there they gave me roadside studio. When I went down to ask why I didn't get my room I ordered they told me to prove it and once i did they told me oh well can not do anything for you. They would not let me speak to a manager until I demanded one. Never stay here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They screw everyone over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank nsmith8311
Pelham, New Hampshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2011

My husband and I booked our 25th anniversary little get away in Dec 2010. We specifically paid extra to stay on the ocean side. We called twice before we got there to make sure the reservations were correct. We were reassured that we DID have ocean side. When we got there and checked into our room we were not on the ocean side. They refused to move us or acknowledge the fact that they made a mistake. We asked to speak with a manager and not once during our 4 night stay did we here from a manager. They also did not want to refund us the difference in the rate from ocean side to the parking lot view! We had issues with the long black hair in the bathroom. I have blonde hair and my husband does not have long hair. We asked for someone to check out the television because it did not work correctly and still 3 days later no one came. 2 of the 4 nights we could hear the guy next door swearing and yelling at 3 in the morning. The walls are so thin. I would not go back there again if you PAID ME! The only thing that made it ok was O'malleys

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Niagara Falls, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2011

We arrived early on February 25, and was given a room that was just basic. We then moved into our room for the next 7 nights. Staff was excellent. The hotel is old, but I knew this and wanted to go for that reason. It must of been something in its day, however, the character is still there and hope they keep it that way. The location is perfect, pool is beautiful. My room was wonderful, even though I was not ocean side. Miriam, Kristy and Jamie were both friendly and helpful even when the guests gave them challenges. I needed service at times from housekeeping, maintenance, concierge, security and all were there at appropriate time frames. Tina, my housekeeper was very humble and did a good job with our room. Oliver and John were the best. As a employee of a hotel I think you are treated the way you treat people. I had to initiate friendliness at times but once I did, I never walked through that lobby without everyone speaking to me. Thank you all, and hoping I will be back next year. May God Bless this hotel and staff.
Teri from Niagara.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank tvenzon
Cambridge, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2011

Awesome, awesome, awesome..don't know what else to say. The hotel is beautiful, service excellent and location absolutely the best ever. We had a wonderful stay and will return every chance we get. Whoever writes bad reviews about this place are only out there to complain about everything. There is not one thing I would complain about and I would highly recommend it to everyone who would like a great vacation. Everything is within walking distance, more to see and do than one week would let us. Our next vacation will be here and it will be for two weeks. Thanks to all the staff for such a wonderful stay. Donna and family.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family