“Great location, friendly accommodating owner.”
Review of Angelfish Inn

Angelfish Inn
Ranked #25 of 72 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed December 7, 2010

The place is simple and clean. Everything you need for a laid back stress free beach vacation. Great location - only steps from the ocean beach.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 7, 2010

One block from the beach, and steps away from any store we needed. The beds were comfortable, and we loved the courtyard--with its own turtle pond! The atmosphere was family-run, Old Florida--a welcome relief from all the high rises around. We loved it!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 29, 2010

We stayed at the Angelfish in while working in the area and it was great! Karen, the owner, is the nicest person I've ever met staying somewhere and the room was a full kitchen, comfy living room with pullout couch, full bathroom, and bedroom. Clean and comfortable, a nice courtyard sitting area in the middle, and while not actually beachfront it's just a 30 second walk from the boardwalk/beach area just behind the place. Also you get a pass to park anywhere streetside in Hollywood for free instead of paying at meters, which was handy. If I ever stay anywhere in the area again I will most certainly be back!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2010

We stayed here for 2 weeks with our 25lb. Terrier. We enjoyed the stay very much, and so did the dog..she loved meeting the resident kitties! Karen, the owner, was very hospitable. Whenever we saw her she always said "hello" and made sure we had everything we needed. We stayed in one of the larger apartment units, which is great for a longer stay. Very clean and well taken care of. I enjoyed sitting in the terrace area reading. The beach is steps away. Everything we needed was very close by. I would highly recommend staying here and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2010

Even though I could get the corporate rate at Marriott, they and everyone else wanted a non refundable $100 pet fee for my dog, which is absurd.
Luckily, my friend recommended Angelfish Inn for my stay in South Florida.
This little place is about 50 paces from the Beach and very close to everything else (right off Hollywood Blvd and A1A).
The owner is TOTALLY COOL (she even laughed when my 100 lb pit bull jumped in her turtle tank) and the rooms were clean and EXTREMELY well stocked; they had dishes, silverware, microwave, full size fridge and coffeemaker. They even had a bottle opener (and pizza cutter) in the drawer which came in very handy because that was one thing I didn't bring on my trip and ended up needing.
Oh, and for those of you with doggies: NO PET FEE, and the dogs are welcomed with open arms!!
I definitely recommend this place to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2010

I Stayed with my family for the month of August. This is the second time I have stayed at the Angelfish inn. It was a wonderful stay. My sons love the proximity to the beach and the many things to do around the ara.
Karyn is a great host and is always available for any of the needs necessary. In fact, she is like part of the vacation. She will join the guests nightly for conversations out on the terrace and is very friendly and accomodating to all guests.
Do not miss out on this wonderful little place. The rates are very reasonable and you will not regret for one minute to have chosen it.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2010

We were in-between permanent abodes when we were told about this unique little gem steps away from the beach in Hollywood. We were impressed by the cleanliness of the rooms but we were especially enamored by the warmth of our hostess, AngelFish Inn owner, Karin Valentine. Each room has its own unique style and decor with warm colors and whimsical accents, full kitchen, color TV, comfy bed and free wi-fi. If your an animal lover/owner, you'll be happy to know they are welcome. We fell in love with the "staff felines" in residence; Dacks, Jerry, Fluffy and Jinx. We were treated like family, like friends and it felt like home. We're already planning our next stay.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple