“Can't wait to go back!”
Review of Angelfish Inn

and 1 more site!
Angelfish Inn
Ranked #27 of 73 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Had an absolutely wonderful, relaxing week! The room was neat and clean with a relaxing beach décor. It had a kitchenette, tv, wifi, dinette, sofa and a very comfortable queen size bed. All the comforts of home. Karin was always available and was very kind and helpful. It is only a few steps from the boardwalk and beach. There are quite a few restaurants, bars and shops. There is also live music a couple times a week. Getting up at 7am to warm, sunny weather and having breakfast on the boardwalk while looking at the ocean.....can you beat that! If my husband and I are fortunate enough to be able to go back to Hollywood, FL next year, we will absolutely be staying at the Angelfish Inn. Thanks Karin!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CIndyBLutz

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Got there, amazingly quaint place. We were warmly greeted, showed to our very nice room. Place is a 30 second walk from the beach. BBQs for all to use in the small courtyard. Free parking, wifi and satellite tv. Karin allowed me to print my ticket to go to the Marlins game ( only 30 minutes away). Quiet neighbourhood at night, a/c works great. For those who complain about the room not being up to their standards, keep in mind it is a studio room with kitchenette, not a 5 star hotel but you will get treated like you are at one, even better. A great place to stay, I would recommend. I hope the new owners will be as nice and hospitable as Karin. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PierreS308
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Great place
Clean room
A block to the beach
Free parking
And the owner is an amazing person
I checked out but needed to shower after the beach before my flight she opened a different room gave me the key and asked me to lock up when I was done

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Just came back from a 3 night stay here and loved it! Karin, the owner gave me a ride from the airport saving me almost $19 in cab fare. I had room #8 and it was perfect for all my needs. Loved the beachy decor! The hotel is located between the intercoastal side and the beach side. I saw that there were a couple small food markets within a block of the place if I decided to cook any of my own food in the kitchenette. I was here by myself and never felt unsafe when I walked about. I would eat breakfast at LA Brochette half a block away where I could get 2 eggs, toast and hash browns for only $2.90 while sitting inside and having a beach view! Also half a block away on the beach across the street from LA Brochette, was the hotel Sheldon that had a spa where you could get a message. Karin recommended it but it was closed on Sunday and Monday while I was there so I didn't get to go. On the beach there are cabanas for rent that come with cushioned chaise lounges. I rented one on the beach by the Taco Spot where they serve great tasting fresh Mexican food and great drinks that you can get served Ina pineapple or coconut complete with umbrella. I got a fruited drink and stayed on the beach in my cabana while reading and then going down to the surf to romp in the waves! It was postcard perfect and I had a blast! When it was dinner time I just went back to my room only 2 blocks away so I could shower and get dressed. I never rented a car as everything was within walking distance. I also used the water taxi to get around to shop at Fort Lauderdale and Los Olas! It was definitely a great girl's get away and I'm in my 50's. This was a perfect place for me! Because it was located close to the intercoastal side half a block away the other direction I would go to the restaurants there for dinner. Giorgios bakery was also there and I'd pick up a pastry or chocolate mousse to eat later that evening in my room. If you want a safe, clean room located in the middle of everything. I highly recommend this place! The money you save staying here can be used doing something fun!

Room Tip: I accidentally bumped the pool and restaurant rating but there is no pool or restaurant available.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank gogranny60
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We selected the Anglefish Inn recommended by friends. It served our needs perfectly. The staff was extremely friendly and very cooperative. The room was clean and we had a great time. It was very close to the beach so we did not have to use a car to get to and from the beach. Will go back again. Karin is great

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ed B
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Family with 2 kids (8 and 10); we stayed for 3 nights in 2 bedroom apartment with kitchen and appreciated the very much the beach a few steps away. there were chairs and umbrellas for the beach at our disposal. The appartment was very clean, well equipped but a bit old. The manager Karen is very nice!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank NatBin
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I stayed 4 nights and the Angelfish Inn was really beginning to feel like home. Located just half a block from the beach, the Inn also has a lovely patio for relaxing and eating. There are plenty of restaurants (practically on the beach), a couple of convenience stores and a very nice bakery nearby. Karin could not have been more helpful and accommodating.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo