“Not the Ritz, steps from the beach, delightful place.” 5 of 5 stars

and 1 more site!
Angelfish Inn
Ranked #18 of 69 Hotels in Hollywood
Northampton, Massachusetts
“Not the Ritz, steps from the beach, delightful place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

If you're looking for fancy, resort-level accommodations, Angelfish Inn is not the place. But if you are looking for very clean, comfortable, inexpensive stay, with very helpful staff, this is a great place. It's a two minute walk, if that, to the beach and boardwalk. It does not have ocean views. It's quiet. I liked it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

This was my first, and definately will not be my last, stay at Angelfish Inn. I made my reservation directly with the owner Karin, she was so helpful and had a choice of accommodations for me to choose. I stayed in Apt 13, one bedroom withe separate kitchen/sitting area and bathroom. Spacious, quiet, so clean and well equipped. There are different styles and size apartments to suit one's budget and needs.
Karin went beyond the call of duty my first day as she helped me with a business situation back home in Australia she devoted so much time and effort to aid my situation which was very time consuming, but she just kept smiling and kept me calm.
Mary Lou and Audy are always cleaning repairing chatting it really is like living in a new village with your own turtles fish and cats - Fluffy Karin's office paper weight, Jerry Jack...........
The other guests were delightful and the daily gatherings in the courtyard for coffeee or just getting to meet and chat with new friends is so delightful, but also if you wish to be alone the inn accommodates. I felt incredibly safe the whole time I stayed here.
Literally hop skip jump to the sands of Hollywood Beach, all the amazing cafes restaurants, Yogurtlicious a must, the Hollywood Amphitheatre for free entertainment.
Perfect location to catch the Hollywood Trolley bus service - get to Wallmart Supa centre Hallandale for all your groceries , Publix at Hollywood Young circle too. Easy access to connect with the main bus service for connections to Aventura Mall.
Never waited more than 5 minutes after I phoned for a taxi.
Karin thank you and to all your staff, and your guest Bob for making my stay in Hollywood Beach to surprise my uncle for his 90th birthday such a positive happy and always warm experience.
I will be back next year so plenty of warning for a penthouse suite to be bulit on the roof please!!!!!
Merry Christmas and a safe joyful 2013 to you your husband and two daughters.
Linda.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Linda L
Lansing, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Idon"t know anyone who gives 110 percent of themselves to make their guests happy , with her staff Mary Lou ,and Audy,who are professional ,dedicated , and friendly ,who take pride in their work .Even though it is older it is very clean , and well kept up. Bob

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ChicagoBob1985
karinval, Owner at Angelfish Inn, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Thanks Bob
It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we miss seeing you sitting in the courtyard
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

The owner was very nice to us upon arrival and made sure we had everyting we needed. I was surprised at the size of the room, it was more like an apartment. The kitchen was fully stocked with every possible appliance you could need. The place was decorated nicely. Great location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anna C
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Stayed 3 nites at Angelfish right after hurricane Sandy left. Innkeeper Karen was great. Loved the room decor (#9) and the Inn's proximity to the beach. Everything was sparkling clean. The room was small but the kitchen, although tiny, was well designed (and thankfully, curtained off from the living-sleeping area so you don't see the kitchen appliances etc. from your bed). Bed and beddings were good, slept well. No complaints, except for the daily flooding in the streets (Sandy's after-effects?).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank nerlovestravel
DeLand, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I picked the Angelfish Inn because it was recommended by a friend several years ago. I've stayed there on 4 different times. Each time was better than the last.The owner is always helpful and goes out of her way to assist my many needs. I liked the grills outside and the remodeled kitchens. I always enjoy the quaintness, comfortable feeling I get when I'm there. When I wasn't working I was so close to the beach and all the amenities that the Boardwalk has to offer ex:music at the Bandshell,shops,restaurants , fun hot spots.

Room Tip: I've stayed in 4 different rooms and enjoyed them all, When I have my kids I use the 1 bedroom a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jeff s
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My wife and I were exploring the Florida everglades. She drove as I read aloud hotel and restaurant reviews at random from my Iphone. After she listened to all 67 reviews of the Angelfish Inn, she headed the car toward Hollywood. Upon arriving, the office was closed - I called the phone number on the office door. Karen, the owner, answered - she was actually in North Carolina. She called her husband who was 5 blocks away, to go over and check us in. An hour later she called me to make sure we were settled in OK. A personal touch!
This is an "older property" The only things in the room that reminded me of 2012 were the flat screen TV and remote control, a queen size bed (with a good mattress), and a modern coffee maker in the kitchenette. I liked the Angelfish Inn for the same reason that I would enjoy driving across Arizona on Route 66 . . .Nostalgia.
The room was very clean and well decorated in an ocean and beach motif. My wife remarked that she would like to have Karen decorate our winter home in Fort Myers. Outside our room was the cutest courtyard with tables and chairs for outside lounging and eating. Its focal point is a large pond with goldfish and turtles to watch.
This was not an expensive room in comparison to the other hotels in the area. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple