“Relaxing atmosphere in cool boutique hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Angelfish Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   342 Buchanan Street, Hollywood, FL 33019   |
Ranked #18 of 69 Hotels in Hollywood
Santa Clarita, California
“Relaxing atmosphere in cool boutique hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I spent five wonderful days at this hotel recently. It's a super short walk to the beautiful, uncrowded beach with it's white sands and warm water. The rooms are decorated in what I consider to be perfect FL style! We had a kitchen, two bedrooms and two much needed air conditioners that managed to keep us nice and cool. I traveled from Los Angeles to hang out with 16 other friends and we spent hours hanging out in the central courtyard talking and laughing and chilling out. Karin, the owner, made sure we had everything we needed and then some. I couldn't resist the hotel kitties and the new baby turtles! I can't wait to return and enjoy this hotel again :)

Room Tip: Even though I was sharing a room and it had exactly what I needed, I had the chance to peek into a f...
1 Thank dbdmurals

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Stafford, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stayed at the Angelfish Inn in Hollywood, Fl. for several days just recently and I would highly recommend this for a lovely beach retreat. It is ideally located near the beach, boardwalk restaurants, and bars. There is a lovely private courtyard for relaxing outside. The studio rooms are are pleasantly decorated in beach themes and appointed with everything necessary in the kitchenettes to make for a very comfortable stay..

Warner Robins, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We are huge fans of the "old time, quaint, beachy vacation feel," and Anglefish Inn has it! Our spotless room had a single queen bed, kitchenette with stove, microwave, coffee pot, and refrigerator, TV with satellite, table and two chairs and a bathroom. The A/C was also good and cold. Outside our room was a lovely Koi pond with fish and lots of turtles (new babies had just hatched the day before we arrived) plus a patio/courtyard with barbeque grill, patio furniture and beautiful foliage. Beach chairs were available free of charge, and there are washers and dryers for laundry The room was located just one-block from the beautiful beach and Hollywood "boardwalk," and there were tons of restaurants and activities within walking distance. Once we parked, we never had to get in the car again. Angelfish in is also pet-friendly.

The little kitchenette was perfect for cooking any meals we chose to eat in, and Karin, the owner, was friendly, helpful and a pure joy to talk to. If you like that "old Florida" feel in a vacation rental, this is the place for you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LAD6363
cranston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This was my second visit to the Angelfish Inn. I was there last April with 30 friends and 16 of us returned last week. This was a perfect place for us. We sat and talked in the lovely court yard for hours. We walked to the beach and brought the beach chair that are at the inn for guests. The rooms have been remodeled since my last visit and they are lovely.
The owner Karin is very helpful.

Room Tip: Room six opens leads to it's own little sitting area.
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I stayed at Angelfish Inn last May with my mother, and was enchanted enough I booked another visit next month. This is a small independently owned inn, so there was a lot of personal service. The owner Karin let me look at several rooms and choose the one I wanted (they were all decorated and furnished a little differently). The room we chose was a cute studio type with a kitchen area. Everything about it met our needs, and we found it aesthetically pleasing. One of the nice things about this inn is the family feeling- we sat outside around the turtle pond with other guests and it had a very friendly party-like atmosphere. Everyone seemed so happy to be there! The inn is just a block or so from the beach front and board walk- and of almost equal interest to my mom and I- in the opposite direction is a really awesome restaurant- Georges Bakery. This was our go-to breakfast spot every morning, the boardwalk our go to afternoon walking and shopping spot. Angelfish was located in just the PERFECT spot! Looking forward to my next visit, next month!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Denton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I travel to Hollywood Florida a lot and this is the place I ALWAYS stay! Karin is very very commodating with any needs or wants:) All you need are your clothes and if you want to cook bring in your food. All rooms I have stayed in have had a fully stocked kitchen. Some have Hideaway beds too. Beachchairs, boogie boards, beach towels and beach toys are always available too. I spent a month in June and have been back two more times already with another trip in September! Love my Home away from Home! Thanks Karin!! There's food and the beach just steps away from your front door!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Great location right on Hollywood beach. Nice place for a family to go to escape the city. Really affordable price. Has a lounge area to relax out in the sun as well. Hospitality of the owner is very kind and caring. If you have any problems just contact her

• Stayed August 2012