“Amazing”

Ranked #30 of 71 Hotels in Hollywood
New York City, New York
“Amazing”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

wow!!! This hotel is super convenient with so good staff!!! I loved this hotel.
I have lived in many hotels around the world and know already what i wanna see in hotel. So I really can say I found everything in this hotel what I was looking for.
Very clean, quiet and most importantly just few steps from the beach.
Of course Ocean Inn is oriented for family and couples. But if u are alone like me but looking for a relax, this hotel is perfect for you

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Stuart, Florida
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

This is an affordable cool little hotel.! It's small and quiet, great courtyard, very cozy, the staff goes over and above. Wifi was weak inside room, breakfast was a little light and they need a large ice machine in the hall but, other than that, a really great place! Clean room, comfy, 2 minute to boardwalk. Would stay again for sure!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Looking for the perfect spot to stay and bring along your furry one. This place cannot be compared, the rooms are great, comfortable, extra clean, and over everything else very friendly. We only stayed one night but wishing it would be more. This will be my go to place in Ft. Lauderdale hands down. See for yourself and I guarantee your review will be even better. 2 thumbs up from me and my wife and 2 paws up from our little one.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Carlos O
Ball Ground, Georgia
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I stayed with them for a long term work assignement and it was a wonderful place for my temporary home! The court yard was adorable and welcoming, the room was perfect for me and my dog (who loved the dog treats he got from everyone there)! Also just a stone throw from the beach! Thank you Philip and Joe!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 27, 2014

This is not our first trip to Hollywood - we have stayed in different Inns, but we had a best stay at the Ocean Inn. The staff members are super nice and very easy to deal with. They would do anything to make you stay njoyable and memorable. ( e.x. we came around 7.oo pm and found freshly baked complimentary cookies in our room with a welcoming note)
They do have a very nice courtyard where you can seat and enjoy the evening with the glass of wine or beer.
The room was clean and well equipped so we had everything we need for our stay.

Room Tip: stayed in room 14 and very liked it
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
South Florida
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I just stayed for 3 nights for the second time. I have an annual convention in Ft Lauderdale and don't particularly care for the big hotels. This place is about a 20 minute drive south of the convention center and the main Ft Lauderdale beach strip.
It was quite cold in South Florida during my stay (by a Floridian's standards) and they do not have heat. But they had 2 warm blankets and having stayed there last January, I brought warm clothes so I was fine.
This place is similar to many high rated places on Trip Advisors -- it is not luxurious, it won't stay in your memories as wonderful, but it is a good solid value. It is one of the last small motels on the oceanside of Ocean Drive in that area. They have kept the place up and have several charming extras that show this place is well cared for. It is clean and honestly represented on their website. Both years I booked a queen studio and it is spacious. I have slept on a waterbed for many years so I really have trouble sleeping in hard beds. This one was as good as it gets away from home. Even the pillow was great. The shower was hot with good pressure.The kitchen (with full size fridge) is well stocked. One odd thing is the microwave is on top of the refrigerator so I had to stand on a chair to use it. They did have a sturdy chair right next to the fridge for my use. I was on the second floor and enjoyed my semi- private balcony - well actually private since the one other room seemed unoccupied.
My only problem occurred last year. I had reserved online and then called them because one of my knees had been bothering me and requested a ground floor room. He said that would be fine. When January arrived my knee had gotten worse so I was glad I had called and wouldn't have to unload and carry everything up the stairs to the second floor. I arrived late and we had prearranged that they had taped an envelope to the office door for me. Sure enough they gave me the second floor and I had to haul all my convention stuff up the stairs. So if you can't climb stairs, you need to tell them more clearly then I guess I did that you must have a ground level room. Both years I never did see any staff as I left early and got back late.

All in all I will probably return again next year. They do have construction going on next door. The workers arrived around 7:30 or so but they were quiet both mornings at least until 8 when I left for the show.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Pelham, GA
Reviewed January 18, 2014

This is prob my 3rd review of this tiny little "old Florida" hotel, but they never disappoint. Do your research and set your expectations on what the Ocean Inn advertises. They are not fancy, but clean and very personable. I travel in this area for business. Sometimes my family will tag along and enjoy the beach while I work but sometimes I make the trip alone. I feel absolutely safe and secure. I will share my itinerary with Joe or Philip in the office and if I've not returned close to the appointed time they'll call my cell just to check on me. New owner/operated Veronica has spiffed up with some fresh paint. And I appreciate that she has continued the light breakfast, especially the muffins. This property is as advertised. Clean, tucked away, small and friendly. NOTE: the monster property next door (Positano) is expanding and construction noise is around daily. For me, it isn't an issue as I'm out during the day, but be sure to keep this in mind and ask about time line for construction to be complete. Lastly, I must mention Pilar, the housekeeper. Always friendly and helpful and will remember you if you're a return customer/guest. Give this place a try. Not ocean front but as close as you can get - actually closer than you'd be in one of the large hotel/condo complexes that claim ocean front.

Room Tip: I always try to get the larger rooms with the full size refrig and stove as I'll stay in at nigh...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business