“Nice hotel, friendly staff”
Review of Ocean Inn

Ocean Inn
Ranked #30 of 71 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed here for two nights recently. We enjoyed it quite a bit - the location can't be beat, since it's right by the bridge over to the beach, and just a few feet from the beach.Phillip and Joe were both extremely helpful in answering questions and Phillip's suggestion to go to Rocco's Tacos in Ft. Lauderdale was a great one. Also, the room was very clean, which we appreciated. The courtyard was pretty and felt very tropical. It was nice that they offered beach chairs, etc., too, for anyone going to the beach.

The only slight downsides, are that it's right on a busy road, and it isn't ON the beach, so this is worth being aware of, if that matters to you. The breakfast, as others indicated, was a bit less substantial than other places we've stayed at, but still a nice option if you want a lighter meal.

Room Tip: We were in room #12, which was right by the lobby/breakfast area. If you are looking for a quieter r...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rggr2016
There are newer reviews for Ocean Inn

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed at the Ocean Inn for 3 days following our cruise. We booked it after reading other reviews on trip advisor. It didn't disappoint us. It is different from big flashy hotels and resorts we have stayed in before. We had a bedroom on the main floor and some kitchen facilities also . We found it more than suitable for all of our needs. Joe was amazing and he truly tried to make our short stay the best we could have. He went above and beyond to answer our questions, give his recommendations, and just chat about things. We loved the private little grotto in the gardens, except for the traffic noise.We spent hours relaxing there over the 3 days we stayed. The location near the beach ,the broadwalk and the restaurants was also a big plus for this little inn.All in all a great place to stay and we hope to return there again if our future holidays take us to Florida.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MBK_Victoria
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Once again the Ocean Inn turned out to be an excellent place to stay. Small, cozy hotel with excellent staff and clean rooms and surroundings. Free use of beach chairs and beach towels. Just steps from the beach and all the activities. I highly recommend this Inn for people looking to relax and get away from the hustle and bustle of the bigger places.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I frequently travel for business and have a few hotel stays under my belt. However, none have been as enjoyable as my stay at The Ocean Inn. The hotel is charming, clean, comfortable and conveniently located to the beach and the boardwalk. The garden in the center is awesome - a great place to work or relax. What made my stay extra special was the gentleman who managed the front desk - Phillip Friday who is friendly, hospitable, personable and an incredible 'concierge." I was at The Ocean End during the last leg of a nearly 2-week business trip; I was tired and ready to go home. By the end of my 4 night stay, I was a bit saddened to leave The Ocean Inn and the staff that made me feel so welcome. I'm already planning another trip early '13....this time on my own!!!!!

Thank you Phillip for a wonderful experience - you sold me on The Ocean Inn.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 3, 2012

My stay at the Ocean Inn was comfortable and served as a much-needed getaway from the 8-to-5 grind. My flight landed three hours after the front office closed. I called Phillip to let him know I had a very late arrival. It was no problem and he gave me instructions on how to get into my room. Once I arrived, I found a hand-written letter from Philip welcoming me to the Inn and apologizing for not being able to greet me in person. This personallized detail is something you don't receive at the bigger hotels. The room was clean and filled with the basic and necessary ammenities. The Inn was quiet and it was easy to get a peacful night's sleep. The Inn's courtyard had a laid-back feel. There were plenty of comfty chairs and a hammock to relax in. The beach is just a quick walk away. Philip made sure that I had everything necessary to enjoy my stay. The location, price and quality service make this place a precious gem. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Travelgal559
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed at the Ocean Inn for a night (per cruise) and this hotel and the owners/ staff make you feel right at home. The price is great, the room are really clean and have everything you need. Very close to the boardwalk and beach, about 200 feet or so. Great restaurants close by and lots to do and see. Ocean Inn also offers you towels and beach chairs so that their guests can enjoy the beach and stay at the Inn. When ever I'm in Fort Lauderdale, this is where I will stay.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Our stay at the Ocean Inn was just lovely. The room (#12) was spotless, the king bed SO very comfortable (we have a sleep number bed at home and this was just as nice). Just a few short steps to the beach and Broadwalk, at the quiet end but, just a short walk to all the fun. Our room had a small fridge, microwave and coffeepot. Towels and beach chairs are provided along with a light breakfast and great coffee in the courtyard.

Dave & Penny
Lombard, IL

Room Tip: We liked number 12 (near the office) but, they do have rooms with efficiency kitchen facilities, too...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple