“A relaxing retreat” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 69 Hotels in Hollywood
Victoria
“A relaxing retreat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed at the Ocean Inn for 3 days following our cruise. We booked it after reading other reviews on trip advisor. It didn't disappoint us. It is different from big flashy hotels and resorts we have stayed in before. We had a bedroom on the main floor and some kitchen facilities also . We found it more than suitable for all of our needs. Joe was amazing and he truly tried to make our short stay the best we could have. He went above and beyond to answer our questions, give his recommendations, and just chat about things. We loved the private little grotto in the gardens, except for the traffic noise.We spent hours relaxing there over the 3 days we stayed. The location near the beach ,the broadwalk and the restaurants was also a big plus for this little inn.All in all a great place to stay and we hope to return there again if our future holidays take us to Florida.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank MBK_Victoria

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Northampton, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Once again the Ocean Inn turned out to be an excellent place to stay. Small, cozy hotel with excellent staff and clean rooms and surroundings. Free use of beach chairs and beach towels. Just steps from the beach and all the activities. I highly recommend this Inn for people looking to relax and get away from the hustle and bustle of the bigger places.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Maryville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I frequently travel for business and have a few hotel stays under my belt. However, none have been as enjoyable as my stay at The Ocean Inn. The hotel is charming, clean, comfortable and conveniently located to the beach and the boardwalk. The garden in the center is awesome - a great place to work or relax. What made my stay extra special was the gentleman who managed the front desk - Phillip Friday who is friendly, hospitable, personable and an incredible 'concierge." I was at The Ocean End during the last leg of a nearly 2-week business trip; I was tired and ready to go home. By the end of my 4 night stay, I was a bit saddened to leave The Ocean Inn and the staff that made me feel so welcome. I'm already planning another trip early '13....this time on my own!!!!!

Thank you Phillip for a wonderful experience - you sold me on The Ocean Inn.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Central California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My stay at the Ocean Inn was comfortable and served as a much-needed getaway from the 8-to-5 grind. My flight landed three hours after the front office closed. I called Phillip to let him know I had a very late arrival. It was no problem and he gave me instructions on how to get into my room. Once I arrived, I found a hand-written letter from Philip welcoming me to the Inn and apologizing for not being able to greet me in person. This personallized detail is something you don't receive at the bigger hotels. The room was clean and filled with the basic and necessary ammenities. The Inn was quiet and it was easy to get a peacful night's sleep. The Inn's courtyard had a laid-back feel. There were plenty of comfty chairs and a hammock to relax in. The beach is just a quick walk away. Philip made sure that I had everything necessary to enjoy my stay. The location, price and quality service make this place a precious gem. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Travelgal559
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the Ocean Inn for a night (per cruise) and this hotel and the owners/ staff make you feel right at home. The price is great, the room are really clean and have everything you need. Very close to the boardwalk and beach, about 200 feet or so. Great restaurants close by and lots to do and see. Ocean Inn also offers you towels and beach chairs so that their guests can enjoy the beach and stay at the Inn. When ever I'm in Fort Lauderdale, this is where I will stay.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago Burbs, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Our stay at the Ocean Inn was just lovely. The room (#12) was spotless, the king bed SO very comfortable (we have a sleep number bed at home and this was just as nice). Just a few short steps to the beach and Broadwalk, at the quiet end but, just a short walk to all the fun. Our room had a small fridge, microwave and coffeepot. Towels and beach chairs are provided along with a light breakfast and great coffee in the courtyard.

Dave & Penny
Lombard, IL

Room Tip: We liked number 12 (near the office) but, they do have rooms with efficiency kitchen facilities, too...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
La Porte, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My sister and I enjoyed the superior hospitality of this darling boutique hotel in mid October 2012. From the moment we arrived, we were treated like family by Philip and all the rest of the wonderful staff and guests. Every request we made was addressed immediately, and if they could not help out directly, they would make phone calls or search the internet for us. Our room was an upstairs queen studio that was perfect for our five night stay. Very cozy, comfortable, clean, and surprisingly quiet. The entire property is a tropical oasis with many varieties of blooming plants and swaying palms and several secluded areas to relax alone or visit with the other guests. The beach is a very short walk away on a less crowded stretch of the broadwalk right by Hollywood North Beach Park. There is so much to see and do in Hollywood, Fort Lauderdale, and beyond – this is the perfect location to call home-base. We rode the trolley, visited the Hard Rock casino, drove down to Key Largo, took the water taxi to Fort Lauderdale, and of course had many nice walks on the beach. We both hope to go back to our home away from home and will recommend this unique hotel to anyone travelling to this part of Florida. Thank you Philip and all the other wonderful people who made our vacation perfect!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family