“What a GEM!”

Ranked #24 of 66 Hotels in Hollywood
Miami, Florida, United States
“What a GEM!”
Reviewed May 4, 2012

After a long drive from New York City I was tired and needed a soft warm bed steps from the sand. Well boy did I find it. The Ocean Inn in Hollywood, FL is absolutely the best boutique hotel in the South Florida area. Not only is the hotel clean as a whistle, the grounds are so charming. Blooming flowers, lush greenery, and tropical palms cover the fabulous courtyard of the hotel. The staff is friendly and attentive as well. Offering advice on where to go in the area and setting up a cute breakfast in the mornings. If you want to feel at home and relax then stay at the Ocean in.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Erik D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
East Coast, USA
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We spent the first night at the Ocean Inn and the next five nights at Atlantic Whitecaps condominium, just down the street. And right on the ocean. Oh, bliss. We were in the South Florida area to look at real estate and by the end of each day, we were fried - and then we remembered we were going back to this lovely, relaxing spot. The Inn has sweet, efficient rooms and wonderfully landscaped outdoor space, with nooks and crannies full of surprises - like a hammock or private bench. The condo is a true one-bedroom with an open, airy living room/kitchen..with a view of the ocean. Nicely furnished, with hardwood floors and a super-comfy bed. Boy, were we happy. The crew at the Ocean Inn was helpful and responsive, and went the extra step to make sure we were content. Thank you Scott, Phillip, Josh and Glenn.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank NewYorkJo
Miami
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Went to the Ocean Inn for a weekend to get away from it all; needed some well-deserved rest and relaxation, and boy did we get it! Like other inns we've been to, this one has cozy rooms to retire to and relax in, but this is the first place I've been to where the outdoor patio area is even cozier and soothing! It just beckons to you. We would wake up in the morning, have breakfast right outside our room, then stroll into the garden patio, lean back on the hammock surrounded by plants to read the paper for a couple of hours, before heading out to the broadwalk, which is just a block away. No need to bring anything, since they gave us beach towels and chairs to kick back on the beach. In a word...fantastic.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HCSM2012
florida
Reviewed April 28, 2012

This place was great. Used it for overnight only. Supper friendly Glen checked us in and the next morning when I saw him at breakfast he remembered my name and asked how may race was. Pretty cool.
When I checked in on Firday night they had an unexpected wedding get booked and the DJ and speaker was directly in front of my room 16. What was to my room. UGH. I went back to the desk told them that I booked Ocean Inn specifically how nice it quiet it was so that I could get a good night sleep before the 5K on the boardwalk. The owner graciously, and immediately moved me to room 22. SWEET room btw.
On the second floor. QUIET away form the wedding reception, the kitchen window had a view of the boardwalk, bright, large flat screen TV, little eat at bar. Big kitchen. Full size coffee pot, awesome. Bottom line it was sweet and very nice of him to move me without an upcharge. Shower and sink each had a pull out head, shower cutain had the bar so that it gives you more room in the shower, nice touch, I hate when shower curtains don't have that. Oh yeah, I forget toothpaste, bam it was in the room. Bed was comfy. Wifi not working Friday night, no big deal enjoyed sitting on the beach.
After my race came back to warm blueberry and bran homemade muffins, (free with the stay)yummy.
Less than a minute walk to the beautiful beach and boardwalk.
When I checked out told Glen about all the clear wings, no bug attached I saw in the shower, had to sweep them out before taking a shower...maybe termites or carpenter ants. We live in S Fl we expect things like this no big deal. I would want to know so I thought the owners should know too.
Can't wait to stay a weekend with my wifey.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank o2btan
Hollywood
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This is a place for creative minds.....simple and adorable! Well maintained but most important above all these....super friendly and super clean.....and is seconds from the beautiful ocean! What a find.....like a hidden gem. The best sunrise ever since the sun rises from the horizon off the ocean ;)
I am a stickler for cleanliness and beauty and you can't have these without the friendly...none of it would matter!
I would say the owners are mindful people and this is what they must attract! Creative minds and mindfulness will be those who would appreciate and acknowledge the love that is put into the maintenance of this sweet little place.
Continental breakfast and wifi included....I am a woman alone and felt super safe and attended.

Room Tip: All rooms surround an adorable court yard. Rooms are a bit dark but pretty!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank E C
Vegas
Reviewed April 18, 2012

My 20 month old son and I traveled to South Florida for a wedding and I wanted him to experience the beach for the first time in a safe and comfortable environment. I was worried that it would be extremely crowded and overwhelming for him so I looked toward Hollywood Beach instead of Miami and when I saw the Ocean Inn I was very excited about the location. After I booked with the hotel I called to confirm and make sure that we would be able to enter our room after hours in case our plane was delayed and the Inkeeper was so friendly and accommodating. We were even given welcome-chocolate chip cookies in our room. The environment is so perfect. I also felt very safe with my son. We sat in the courtyard every morning and chatted with the other guests as well as the staff (who are wonderful by the way and know you by name). There is also a hammock in a small oasis which was such a bonus! If you are looking for an inviting and calm atmosphere where you can put your feet up and relax while being able to walk to the beach, a beautiful beach that was not very crowded I might add, then this is definitely the place for you! If we had to travel to south Florida again I would not even look anywhere else.

Room Tip: All of the rooms surround the courtyard which is very cozy.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Courtney V
Fremont, California
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We stayed in Ocean Inn. I always stayed in so called "********" hotels and I never been satisfied. In Ocean Inn we felt we are N'joying the Ocean sitting at home back in California. It was truly a different experience. No question, whenever we come for our next trip. we will be staying here.

Last but not the least, Staff/management is so cooperative and nice and the services are amazing.

I recommend this place to you if you come with family or group or even alone.

-Deva