WINNER WONDERLAND

“Mama Mia what went wrong???” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mama Mia Italian Ristorante

Mama Mia Italian Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Mama Mia Italian Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 574 Restaurants in Hollywood
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood, Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Federal Highway and Hollywood Blvd
Description: We are conveniently located in the heart of Downtown Hollywood at 1818 S Young Circle, Hollywood, FL. Offering some of the most superb Italian Food, Fine Wine and Excellent Service. Mama Mia's has become a landmark and was not only Joe Dimaggio's favorite restaurant, but is often visited by the Miami Dolphins and Miss Florida USA. Our Endless menu features such Italian Favorites as Stuffed Shrimp, Homemade Pasta & Raviolis, Veal Chop Parmigiana and Eggplant Rollatini. Every dish is cooked to order using only the finest quality and the freshest ingredients. If your planning a party or business luncheon, our banquet facilities will accommodate your group. Mama Mia's also has weekly events and specials such as our Ladies Night Thursdays, Happy Hour Fridays and Sunday Brunch. For more details about these events and specials, please visit our website.
Florida
“Mama Mia what went wrong???”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

This place used to be so good...what happened. $26 dollars for 5 shrimp stuffed with tons of soggy bread and a hint of crab - served cold in a restaurant that was almost empty. How could this happen? The prices are ridiculous - which would not be important - if the food was delicious - heck we would gladly play $26 for an amazing plate of shrimp that was out of the ordinary and memorable. The rolls are still good, the fried calamari is still good - but the portions have shrunk. Gone is the lovely salad that was so good. Our waiter was good, not great - since he should have done something about our cold entree.
I wish it was not so - but don't waste your time, appetite or money here. So sad.

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank KnLFlorida

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Miami, Florida
“Overpriced Mediocraty”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

I don't know what Mama Mia some of these other reviews are from but I will tell you mine. I am a chef and come from a family of chefs. Yes, we are picky with food because....we make it from scratch. First, looking at the menu, the prices are very high for the type of restaurant it is. If you like to pay average $20 for a plate of pasta straight out of the microwave or heating lamps then this is the place for you. The waiter was nice but the food took 50 minutes to get to the table, as if it was made to order. My lasagna sauce was straight out of a can and came in a tiny iron skillet. I ate about half of it cause it felt very heavy on my stomach. I was with my family and everyone felt the same way. I was with my family and it came out very expensive, and the food, well, mediocre....Left with a heavy feeling in my gut and an empty feeling in my pocket. No more Mama Mia for me.

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Joseph D
Hollywood, Florida
“Excellent Italian Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

The food at Mama Mia's is excellent. The portions are very large and served by professional servers. The prices are high, but the quality of food makes the cost worth it.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hartford, Connecticut
“Everything was amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

From the garlic bread to the eggplant parmesan, everything was absolutely delicious. The sauce is simple, yet delicious.

Aventura, Florida
“Mama Mia's has a Free Martini EVENT on Thursdays”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

I had lunch at Mama Mia's with a group of friends. We all had various menu choices for our lunches. Our waiter, David, was courteous, and accommodating. His service enhanced our dining experience. Among the wonderful lunch choices we ordered, was the chopped salad, filled to the BRIM with delicious veggies. The chicken parmagiana was deeeeelicious. The lasagna and the baked ziti were served in huge portions, and were fabulous. And, the spaghetti and meat balls, which I DEVOURED, brought back memories of Family dinners on Sundays.The affable manager, Steve, told us about a NEW event that SVEDKA Vodka is sponsoring. There will be FREE Martinis for Ladies, EVERY Thursday evening, in their lounge---starting at 6:00 P.M.. These free martinis will be made with a variety of flavors including Citron, Pineapple, Cucumber and Mandarin Orange. And, while you are enjoying the free Martinis-- there will be FREE Strombolis to fill your stomachs, and add to your pleasure. Mama Mia's is a SUPERB restaurant. Every time I have eaten there-- I leave feeling like I just visited "FAMILY." And, I usually use a CHARITY DINE discount dining voucher--which makes their REASONABLE prices-- EVEN more REASONABLE. With these vouchers it is a WIN/WIN situation. I will be there this Thursday to enjoy the Martinis, and then have dinner,-- using a CHARITY DINE voucher. Life is GREAT!! Thank You Mama!!

• Visited May 2014