“Somewhat Expensive”

Mama Mia Italian Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Mama Mia Italian Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 629 Restaurants in Hollywood
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Federal Highway and Hollywood Blvd
Description: We are conveniently located in the heart of Downtown Hollywood at 1818 S Young Circle, Hollywood, FL. Offering some of the most superb Italian Food, Fine Wine and Excellent Service. Mama Mia's has become a landmark and was not only Joe Dimaggio's favorite restaurant, but is often visited by the Miami Dolphins and Miss Florida USA. Our Endless menu features such Italian Favorites as Stuffed Shrimp, Homemade Pasta & Raviolis, Veal Chop Parmigiana and Eggplant Rollatini. Every dish is cooked to order using only the finest quality and the freshest ingredients. If your planning a party or business luncheon, our banquet facilities will accommodate your group. Mama Mia's also has weekly events and specials such as our Ladies Night Thursdays, Happy Hour Fridays and Sunday Brunch. For more details about these events and specials, please visit our website.
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband and I have been eating at Mama Mia for almost 20 years and the only things which have changed are the wait staff and prices. I remember when it was possible to get a complete dinner on their early menu for as little as $5.95, but the same thing now will cost more than twice as much. You know the saying, "Nothing good lasts forever."

Anyway, yesterday I purchased a $50.00 dining certificate from CharityDine, so my husband and I and a good friend decided to use it (it was only good for regular menu items and could not be used for the early dinner selections). After all three of us had ordered, the waiter pointed to the small print that read, "Must spend $100.00 or more." We wound up ordering a fourth dinner and took most of it home. We were also forced to order one of their expensive desserts and some beverages.

I know I complained about their prices, but the best thing about our dining experience was the food. It was quite good and the portions were large. My husband and I had the chicken parm and our friend ordered a macaroni and lobster dish that was delicious. We also ordered a stuffed shrimp and crab entree. This was our least favorite because there was a little too much breading and the crab turned out to be that imitation crab that you can buy in the grocery store for a few dollars a package. For dessert, the three of us shared an over-priced cannoli which came on a plate decorated with Cool Whip (couldn't they have at least used real whipped cream?).

All in all, there were a few negatives about this restaurant, but for the most part, we did enjoy the food. However, we think when we return the next time, it will be before 6:00 pm to take advantage of the early dinner which is still a bargain.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Went on Easter Sunday with my husband while we were on vacation, and I have to say I don't think I have ever tasted Italian like this from a restaurant!! So freaking good.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

There was a group of us celebrating the coming Easter Holiday. One of our group had a charitydine discount dining voucher, which was eligible for use on Good Friday. We all had a WONDERFUL time, because the food is Fabulous, the décor is very COMFORTABLE, and the wait-service is GRACIOUS and ACCOMODATING. The choices offered at lunch were numerous. My friend, who was dieting,--- had a chopped salad, filled with ham and various veggies. It was a big portion, and,--- delicious. I chose a meatball parmagiana sub--which was excellent. Another member of our party had mozzarella and veggies in a pannini. We all tried their tasty soups--before our main courses. I ordered the pasta fagioli and two of us had the incredibly sensational lobster bisque. Two of us NON-dieters,--- shared their sinfully delicious tiramisu,-- and then followed that dessert with their EQUISITE ricotta cheesecake. Mama Mia's is a neighborhood GEM, that has consistently maintained an excellent standard. Our use of the charitydine discount dining voucher,---- made their REASONABLE prices----VERY reasonable. Their portions are so big-- that we each had a "doggie" bag to take home. I am ALWAYS HAPPY and SATISFIED whenever I have dined at Mama Mia's. We all love Mama Mia's cooking!

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Awesome food, great service, fast and friendly, prices were good and overall def would go back. easy parking too. we enjoyed the place

Reviewed March 27, 2014

As a local I have driven by hundreds of time with out trying. Friends took us there and it is a great casual upscale restaurant. The chicken meal was excellent. Great bread and salad. We had a error on the bill which the manager promptly corrected. We'll be back