“What happened to the green papaya salad ?”
Review of Tatu Asian Bar and Grill - CLOSED

Tatu Asian Bar and Grill
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese, Thai
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: off route 441
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We have dined here many times and it was always top notch, but this last trip, it was not as good. The waiter was great, but the food was not so great. I have ordered a chili shrimp with curry sauce, and shrimp were overdone with less curry sauce than before. The side dish was green papaya salad in the past, now it's served with rice- boring! I don't mind higher prices in tourist areas, but give me interesting choices of sides and cook the food properly. The Asian per martini was really good. Outside dining is great to people watch and hear band in middle of the shopping/eating area.

1  Thank Donna c

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We arrived early for our reservation and since our party was incomplete, we went to bar for a before dinner drink. When we asked to see a wine list, we were told they really did not have most of the wines listed. When I asked about beer, the bartender in an supposed Asian specialty restaurant went through a list to American standards, some European beers and then finally said 'we also have some Asian beers', bot did not name a single one.
We were seated at the time reserved, drink orders taken and served. The food order was taken and the waiter was somewhat perplexed when a special roll, not on the sushi menu was ordered. This has not been a problem at any of the other local sushi places. When it was delivered, it was two wrong rolls. When we tried to get it corrected, the server who delivered the rolls tried to figure out the error and returned with another confused order, Finally another server got involved and returned with something that had the requested ingredients, but was skimpy and sloppily executed. A rice-less roll should not be a show stopper at an upscale establishment.
My daughter and her husband enjoyed their rolls, a dragon and another specialty roll. The also ordered wild mushroom pot-stickers that were doughy with an uninspired filling, though nicely presented with asparagus and a tasty though unidentified variety of mushroom,
Wanting something different, I ordered cashew chicken, though the portion was generous, the tasting experience was on par with the $5.99 special at a local Chinese take-out.
The desert menu was not interesting, we went to Kilwins for ice cream. They did put this big cotton candy ornamental offering on the table with the bill.
Overall, the dining experience was not consistent with the price.

1  Thank CaptainZack
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

We just had dinner here with some friends/coworkers...my husband and I had been here before and had a good experience, but this time was the total opposite. The restaurant was not very busy but we only saw our waiter when we ordered our drinks, food, and then check. Never asked if we wanted another drink, nor did he refill our waters, nothing. Usually they ask how your food was, but we didn't even get that. If I were just rating the food and drinks then it was good, but the service plays a big role in it.
Arthur, I'm sorry, but your tip definitely reflected your service. Gonna have to get it together if you want to make it in this industry.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Just went it to try with some friends!!! place was great, we were served very quickly and the staff who was taken care of us was very patient and explained to us the menu. After the ordersbeen taken care of, we soon received our orders and the food and the chicken and shrimp pad thai was great. place was not so much expensive and the portion was really good.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Please don't waste your time with this place--it is a complete disaster! We went for my sister's birthday and we were very disappointed! The staff was very rude and inattentive! It took forever to get a drink or even the attention of a waiter to place our order. The food was the worst I have ever tasted and one member of our party never even got their dinner. Avoid at all costs or else your whole evening will be ruined as ours was ruined.

2  Thank Psyche9777