WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #2 of 26 Hollywood B&B and Inns
Cape Coral, Florida, United States
“The Location Saves It”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

I was expecting a lot more from this facility. How disappointed I was when I got there. Its location is great; a stones throw from the Atlantic Ocean. But the hotel itself was not all that great. It was dated and although kept up, I never felt comfortable in my room. The staff was excellent, but its the room that I go there for. I don't recall ever laying on rougher sheets in my life. They literally felt like sandpaper. Needless to say the rest I had wasn't all that restful. The TV in the room seemed to only get Canadian stations. I'm pro Canada, but there is only so much hockey I can take. If the occasion arose for me to spend another weekend on Hollywood Beach, I would not book another room at this hotel.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stayed there 1 night as post cruise accommodation. It was an excellent stay. Superbly warm welcome and informative orientation once we arrived in office. Spacious and clean room. Very convenient location. Steps away from Atlantic ocean. Free parking. Great value. 100% will come back for a longer stay.

1 Thank travelguru-su
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

We have been 5 days in Hollywood, in the Villa Europa. The hotel is about 50 mt from a great sandy beach. The room we got (201) was spacious and clean. Luis and Alejandro were always ready to help us, friendly and smiley. You get free bikes, chairs and umbrellas on the nearby beach, barbeque in the patio. The place is absolutely safe and quite in the night, private free parking place beside the hotel is also included. Very good choice if you decide to spend your vacation in Hollywood. 30 minutes with the car to the Sawgrass Mills Outlet, 15 minutes to Aventura Mall in North Miami, 35 minutes to Miami Beach.

3 Thank IB75
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

This very small hotel is just a few steps away from Hollywood's boardwalk - about a mile and a half of shops and hotels beside the sea.

The closeness of the beach and eateries is a big plus. The rooms are basic but absolutely fine - not super-luxurious or ornate, but simple, clean and with useful in-room amenities.

What really makes the hotel stand out is the service. Luis, the Venezuelan-origin proprietor, is informative, helpful and warm. He responded immediately to a slight plumbing issue and was incredibly helpful when our hire car had a flat tyre - sorting out the repair company's red tape that perplexed us visitors from abroad.

For getting the basics right and for such great service I'm glad to recommend this hotel.

2 Thank K0lya
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

I rented the room for two friends for three days while we stayed in another hotel close by. In many respects our friends got the better place (deal). The service was exemplary at the Villa Europa with ready access to the beach, parking, bikes for cycling along the board walk, beach furniture that they willing carried down to the beach and returned, and parking. Our friends were totally satisfied with the cleanliness of the room, linens and amenities.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank RLloydGamble
Crocker, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

We arrived later than planned, after a missed connection and lost luggage.... We were greeted at the hotel with a bottle of water and Louis went over a list of all the best places to eat. My phone charger was in the lost luggage, so he found one for me to use. We were out for dinner, when the airline sent our luggage and Louis placed it in our room. The next day my kids wanted to Boogie Board. Louis only had one board, but said he would get another. We left our chairs on the beach to go to a shop and when we were gone Louis purchased two new Boogie Boards for my kids to enjoy. He placed them under our chairs on the beach. He also came back later to check on us. I have never had such wonderful treatment from a hotel. He also arranged for a cab to take us to the airport the day we left. The room was clean and quiet; just steps from the Broadwalk and Beach. If we are in the area again, you can bet we will be staying at this hotel!!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank rebecca p
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed two nights at Villa Europa Hotel in November 2014, and had a very pleasant stay. I arrived early in the morning after completing a transatlantic cruise, and met Alejandro – who kept me company until Louise arrived. My room was not cleaned yet after the previous guests, but Louise suggested that I could go to one of the bigger apartments and relax there until my room was ready. This was much appreciated, as was the extensive information I got about restaurants, sightseeing and so on. And yes; Alejandro and Louise must be the friendliest people ever.

My studio apartment was basic and pretty worn down, but clean and inviting. The air condition worked well, the bed was comfortable and the only thing that bothered me was the paper thin walls (I could hear my neighbours a bit too well…) and the very noisy refrigerator. Combined, this made it hard to fall asleep.

The location was great as well; literary five steps away from the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk. If you fancy spending time on the beach, you could get both umbrellas and beach chairs from the hotel (and help to carry them down). You will also find plenty of good restaurants a stone throw away. Ask Louise for suggestions.

You can catch bus #4 to Young Circle, where there is a Publix Supermarket (and a pharmacy, a liquor store and Starbucks among others). The same bus will also take you to Walmart near Hallendale Beach (I walked there, but would not recommend it). From Young Circle you can catch bus #1 to Aventura Mall. But – be patient, there is a great deal of waiting around for the buses here… A taxi from Young Circle and back to the hotel costs around $10.

When I left for New York, Louise even came down early to make sure my taxi arrived and that everything was OK. A taxi to Fort Lauderdale International Airport costs around $20 and took 15 minutes. A taxi from Port Everglades cost me $40…

All in all I would recommend this hotel for everyone in need of a basic place to stay, close to the beach and restaurants – and with a very friendly feel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo