“Short, but beautiful!”
Review of Villa Europa Hotel

Villa Europa Hotel
Ranked #2 of 24 Hollywood B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stayed here for one night before driving down to Key West the next day. As the other reviews state, best part if the location!!! Just steps to the boardwalk where everything is in walking distance (except for a great coffee shop, which we were unable to locate...). Room itself isn't the greatest, but it was a decent size with a small kitchen and bathroom, and very clean. Rooms could use some updating (handle on fridge was missing), and it can be a little loud when other guests are coming home and hanging out the in courtyard, as the beds butt up to the outside walls, but for the price and proximity to the beach/boardwalk, it really is a great find! The host was very gracious, making sure we had ice cold waters as soon as we walked into the office to check in; very nice touch!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Krissy_hicks
There are newer reviews for Villa Europa Hotel

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Our second stay at Villa Eurpoa..and it will not be our last..Luis was over the top trying to make sure everything was ok....steps to boardwalk and beach..bikes bbq umbrella chairs ..just bring yourselves and enjoy ....excellent value hidden treasure will be back

1  Thank mike5124
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Very cute little place a stones throw from beach. Very helpful owners, even offering to run us to the supermarket. Good little room, not the most modern bathroom & kitchenette but hey look at the price and location. Free bikes, sunbeds and umbrellas. 5 min walk to trolley bus that takes you around Hollywood for $1. Approx $25 cab from airport and Port Everglades but could use use the bus if more time. We had a couple of nights before a cruise so went for the smallest room which was adequate. Great prom along the front with a few bars and dining. Go cycling along there early in the morning before the heat and crowds.

2  Thank Chopsey_and_Choplet
Reviewed April 29, 2013

First of all, customer service: The owner and one other worker, the groundskeeper, basically seem to run the place. They're extremely acommodating, friendly, and will help with anything. They know some good spots in the area and the groundskeeper will carry long beach chairs and umbrellas to the beach for you. These two are both very gracious hosts. A++

Location: Holy crap, this place is incredible. Okay, so the hotel is not technically right up against the broaddwalk. It is approximately 20-30 feet from it. Basically, distance wise it can't be beat but you won't have the ocean view. Don't worry, though, because the grounds are kept up nicely anyways. Anyways, the location in Hollywood is already beautiful and seems like it's perfectly landscaped. The beach is long, hot, with clear turquoise water in the right sunlight. The broadwalk has a bike lane, a walking lane, and shops and food all along the side of it. YES, it is actually called a broadwalk, not a boardwalk, I have no idea why. Either way, it is beautiful and convenient. And I cannot express enough how gorgeous the beach is. A+

Facilities: The hotel has locked bicycles for the guests' use and let me assure you that there is nothing more beautiful than an early morning bike ride down the broadwalk in 80 degree weather with a breeze.
They also have long beach chairs, umbrellas, very portable folding chairs, and some assorted goodies for the ocean.
There are a couple of nice tables outside, as well as microwaving/grilling equipment and a mini-fridge, so no need to go out every night and spend a bunch of money... *If* you don't want to, that is.
There is a parking spot per room.
Also A/C and control of the thermostat
No 'fitness center' per se, but the bikes and the walking on the beach.
No swimming pool, but, umm, the ocean... All in all -- A

Alright, cleanliness: It is true that the front of the hotel looks a bit like a run-of-the-mill beach hotel place, and it is true that the hotel rooms are pretty minimalistic, but they are clean. The rooms were clean. Every sheet, towel, and surface of the room is white or light beige, so let's just say it would be easy to tell if they were not cleaned. Also, I can be basically a lunatic about needing a clean hotel, I admit, and this hotel was definitely clean. (Thank you!!!) -- A-

Sleep Quality: Basically my one complaint, and I found a way around it, but... Okay, so the hotel has an A/C unit. It turns on and off depending on what you set the thermostat at. We kept it in the 70s, not bad, just comfortable. But the A/C is LOUD in the room we had, in particular at start-up. So a few times per night it started up, and I woke up. I could sleep through the noise of it running, but not the start up noise. So choice was either to turn the thermostat DOWN all the way so that it was on all night, or UP a lot so that it never came on. I didn't complain about it because I found a way to deal with it so quickly, but I think a light sleeper would have a bigger issue. My boyfriend, who is a heavier sleeper, barely noticed. -- B-

We were here for a week as a couple, had an amazing time, and will definitely find our way back to this hotel sometime. It's just awesome. For the price it's unbelievable. Book it before it's full. Seriously.

3  Thank Meghan M
Reviewed April 25, 2013

It is true nothing is too much trouble and you would never be made to feel a nuisance by the owners or staff! It is immediately evident the owners take extreme pride in their establishment. I just completed yet another one week stay and already look forward to the next. If you enjoy a peaceful morning with coffee from your porch or a walk along the broadwalk with the most beautiful sunrises this is exactly where you need to be.

The rooms and property provide everything you could possibly need for the most enjoyable stay. If there is something you may not find or need, it will be found for you at their pleasure. I have always been surprised by the level of service provided here that I have not even found at 5* hotels at absolutely no additional charge. Even when insisting to tip for services it was refused and not allowed. Who knew that could ever happen these days?

There is plenty of activity to be found if you choose and Hollywood goes to great lengths to keep the beaches pristine. I have been to Caribbean islands claimed to fame where I have been less than impressed with the upkeep of what were proclaimed to be upscale properties.

The locals and vacationers are cheerful and friendly alike. You will always feel safe even if traveling solo especially at the Villa Europa.

A sincere thank you, once again, to Luis, Jossie and Alejandro for your gracious hospitality and extreme kindness.

Kathy

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I spent 5 nights at the Villa Europa Hotel at the end of March. The apartments are basic but clean, and the location couldn't be better. However, the one thing that most makes this place are the owners. They will do anything to make sure you enjoy your stay. Not only that, but they go the extra mile when you've left. I left two mobile phones in the room and they shipped them back to my home in the UK....in less than 3 days!! I can't say thank you enough to Luis and Jossie. If we ever visit Hollywood again, we'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank holme_tripper
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Just completed a one week stay with my wife and couldn't be happier. We stayed in the studio, queen bed, mini fridge, microwave etc. The room was simple and clean, no complaints. I'm not entirely sure what was up with the tv, because the channel guide in the room didn't always match what i was seeing on tv, and the channels available were pretty limited. I wasn't there to watch tv though, so I really didn't care. Parking as some have mentioned was a little tight, but I you've ever parallel parked in your life you will be fine. The service was just amazing. Free use of bikes any time day or night (and there were a bunch of them too, not just 2). Really nice lounge chairs carried out for you and umbrella set up, amazing, I almost felt a little embarrassed getting that kind of service. More expensive hotels will nickel and dime you for that kind of stuff. The location is outstanding, maybe 30 steps to the beach. It was so close that when I was lounging on the beach I would walk back to my room to use the bathroom and refill my drink, and I would be back in a matter of minutes. So convenient. They do have a small ice machine on site. It's enough to get some drink ice, but don't expect to fill your cooler and take it to the beach. It's not big enough for that. I can't say enough nice things about Luis and his staff. I can't wait to book my stay next year. (Travel tip: Taco Beach Shack on corner of Arizona and A1A has 1$ Margarita Mondays...they were good and strong and the Korean short rib tacos I ordered were delicious)

• Stayed: March 2013