“Great Place”
Review of Villa Europa Hotel

Villa Europa Hotel
Ranked #2 of 24 Hollywood B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Booked a 1 Bed room suite at this hotel with the help of previous reviews and was NOT disappointed with the stay. Nice location and friendly front desk.

Right in front of the beach. Free parking and Wifi. Main room had 1 Queen size bed and 1 Queen size sleeper (this can accomodate 2 + 2) and bed room had 1 queen size bed. All the beds were comfortable and clean. Both rooms had 40 inch flat screen LCD TV. Bathrooms were clean and had sufficient towels and toileteries. Kitchen and utensils where clean and sufficient for 6 people.

We found that room did not have Hair Dryer and called up the Phone # provided (Front desk is open only until 9:00 PM. ), and we got hair dryer within 15 mts.

Close to Groceries as well. Beach Umbrellas, Chairs and toys are also FREE to use upon availability, which was a big save given that most other places "rent" beach chairs and unmbrellas.

Cons: Please fix the A/C sound. It was loud. Please install a curtain on the main door to cover the open glass area on the top section of the door.

Will stay here again and recommend to friends. However, don't stay here if you need swimming pool and other luxury things.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Villa Europa Hotel

Reviewed June 7, 2011

On a nice, quiet street, this hotel was a find among many similar rentals in the area. The proprietors were friendly and helpful. We felt like we were staying with family. The rate was very reasonable for all the amenities included. Rooms are very clean and spacious. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ArthritisDoc
Reviewed June 4, 2011

Wonderful value for money. The owner was soooo helpful and friendly. The villa was clean and spacious. It had a kitchenette and cutlery/crockery, pots and pans.
It was located right on Hollywood boardwalk, two seconds from the beach.

I had a very wonderful experience here, and recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed April 2, 2011

the owners are so nice, they would do anything for you to be happy and comfortable.. the rooms are very clean and you are steps away from the beach and broadwalk... I am coming back at easter and again in july..

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank truegirl
Reviewed April 1, 2011

This is an objective review of this hotel. I hope you find it helpful. I recently stayed at this hotel for a week.
Some very good points: it is VERY close to the beach. You can see the ocean from the property. The owners will tell you it is 50 steps from the beach and I would almost say less than that. Another perk is that it is right next to the boardwalk. There is enough room to bike, walk, or run which is what many people do in the morning hours. There are also restaurants, live music, bars, etc. which make this an ideal spot in the evenings. The area is very safe. I am a single woman and never felt unsafe at any time of the day. The rooms are very clean. They have a full size coffee pot (you must supply coffee and filters), a toaster, a microwave, some glasses and plates, and later I discovered a portable electric stove appliance. A dorm size refrigerator is also there for use. This is also very handy. I phoned ahead about an iron and they made sure one was in my room. (As it is not listed on their website.) I also found that there is no hair dryer in the room. (I didn't request one either.) The hotel does not offer a pool incase you miss that on their site. There are parking spaces and I had one designated to me during my stay.
The owners were extremely nice, helpful, and willing to assist in any way. The showers stay hot no matter how long they are used which is very important to me.

Cons: This may sound odd, but the shower made me a tad uncomfortable. There is a window in the shower that is 2 1/2 feet to 3 feet long. The lower half of the shower has a window frosting on it. The top half does not and looks to the outside. There is no curtain or any other covering. So from my chin down, there was covering but the chin up was looking outside. When looking at this I was debating what to do until I looked outside that window. Facing my shower window was a two story hotel with windows that looked down into my window. Most people would not think of this, but I do not want my showers to be the next Youtube sensation. lol So, having an open window was not an option. The quick fix I used was to spread shaving cream (so happy I had that) on the inside of the window as to cover the view similar to the lower half of the window. It may sound silly, but it brought me much comfort. I did not mention this to the owners, but I think this is a helpful tip to anyone staying here. The other con I found was that the room I had was adjoined to another room by means of a connecting door. The door was locked with a security clasp, but that was not the issue. The issue was that conversations, a pot falling to the floor at 7:30 am, and any other noise could be heard coming from that room. It wasn't so bad when I could smell their breakfast cooking in the morning, but I was not a fan of the lack of sound proofing. If I was on a romantic getaway, I might have found that annoying. Since traveling alone, it wasn't as big of a deal. I don't know if the structure of the building can be helped, so I did not bring it up. I don't know if there is any solution to that issue. Parking can be a concern. I was given a designated spot in a good location. Parking there is a bit cramped. The rest of the streets in the area is all 24 hour meter parking. So if friends visit or you have more than one car, that area is a bit of a pain. There is a 24 hour parking garage which charges $1.50 per hour. You can likely use a charge card there, but I am not certain.

In all, it is a good hotel to stay at as long as you are mindful of the issues. The bed is comfortable. The owners accommodated my very late check in (just contact them ahead of time) and provided a late check out for me. They have a towel policy. Exchange of towels every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. If you need towels exchanged on other days, the owners were happy to accommodate. The rooms are tended to once a week. Bring extra plastic bags to throw out garbage (there is a dumpster for the hotel). My room was cleaned on Wednesday of that week. My personal belongings were safe and respected. There is a Publix on Sheridan nearby (East of Federal Hwy/US 1). Next to the Publix in a strip mall you will find a dollar store. Perfect for plastic cups, coffee filters, and any necessary items cheap. There's also a 24 hour Walgreens at that corner. These are good spots to it as needed. I hope you find this review helpful.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
9  Thank TravelinFoolChicago
Reviewed March 29, 2011

We stayed for one night travelling through. I left my laptop in the Taxi and Josee the owner took such good care of us. She phoned all over the city and drove us back to the airport in the middle of night to help us locate the taxi. She helped us so much and was so kind. I was amazed that there are still such generous people in the world. Seriously it was amazing.
The hotel is a classic old style near the beach hotel. There's a nice little quiet central courtyard. The rooms were very clean and spacious. Located about 400 feet from the beach on a quiet little sideroad. Ideal place for a family.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank nemolives
Reviewed July 12, 2010

We stayed at Villa Europa for 3 nights and found it clean, comfortable, and just steps away from Hollywood Beach. There was a microwave and small refrigerator which made breakfast and snacks a cost saver. A/C and ceiling fan kept us comfortable at night. And the price $60-$70/night for a studio made it the most affordable place in North Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area...with free parking. Just a short drive to Sunny Isles and Haulover Beach. The owner even lent us a beach umbrella!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple