OK - here we are, look no further! Having stayed at quite a few luxury small, boutique hotels this is a FIND ... it's a boutique hotel but I must emphasise, beach style, in fact Hollywood Beach style!. So don't expect any luxury toiletries or a daily maid service, and most of those extras you pay through the nose for - that is the beauty of this fantastic little hotel. Clean white rooms, with space and beautifully simple touches make you feel you are 'at the seaside' ... and look out from our ground floor panoramic windows we feel like we are living on the beach - we are literally 8m from the beach, separated only by a Broadwalk where skaters, cyclists, joggers, locals, tourists and quite frankly such an eclectic mix of people brushed past our windows, dressed every which way (often on forms of transportation you would never even know existed) that you could spend your day just people watching! We travelled with our 8 year old son and 3 year old daughter and had our most relaxing beach holiday ever. The Tiki Bar was literally 4m from our ground floor windows … the kids could relax, and so could we. We'd wander in to the room to check on them, they'd wander out to join us. And the people we met at the Tiki Bar, mostly locals with some passing tourists, made having a drink here all the more enjoyable. Look out for Frank (fountain of all knowledge), Mary (should have been a stand up comedienne, with a husband, who we never met but saw his fantastic art in the office at the Walkabout), Jake (who sings, rather well, in a band) and Fast Eddy (nicknamed so because given his age he's fast, in more ways than one!!) Fantastic live music at the weekends too! Restaurants are excellent in locality … whatever you are looking for, cheap, broadwalk view, 5* formal, you'll find it here. Personally we favoured Nicks Bar, Le Tub, Giorgios Grill and Florios for Pizza. And if you are having too much fun at the Tiki Bar to bother moving, you could grab a posh takeaway from the Marriott next door (the Ahi Tuna with wasabi, great!) You see so few staff here you will almost feel that you are staying in your own home. And those that we did see, on occasion: Tamara, so friendly and helpful who runs the hotel, Cherie who cleans and generally looks after everyone and Carol, so lovely, who works at the Bar. We plan to return as soon as we can!! Thank you to Everyone at the Walk About for our fantastic stay. We had a Ball!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The WalkAbout Beach Resort is a cozy family-owned and operated hotel located ON THE BROADWALK in Hollywood Beach, Florida. Our boutique, 8-room hotel was built in 1950, and it is one of the last remaining beachfront hotels designed in the Art Deco style.Our guests enjoy a wide array of amenities that include: ocean front rooms, a large tiki bar in our courtyard, seating alongside the Hollywood broadwalk, scenic views of the beach, nearby shops and restaurants, free wifi, free cable, on-site washer/dryer, live music, and fresh linens daily. Our staff is extremely friendly and professional, and we are always nearby to assist with any special requests. Hollywood Beach is one of the premier beach destinations in the world. The city provides twenty-one lifeguard towers and eight first-aid stations. An icon of Art Moderne architecture on Hollywood Beach’s famed Broadwalk, The Walkabout Beach Resort, is a classic 1940’s boutique hotel. Those who have visited claim it has the perfect blend of characteristics: chic, warm and inviting, glamorous, and tastefully modernized.To experience The Walkabout Beach Resort, is to experience Hollywood Beach at its best. In keeping with its classic style, eight oceanfront guest rooms are immaculately styled with the elegance of another era – wooden and terrazzo floors, interiors with rich textures, soft pink monochromatic colors, and decorations with a nod to its illustrious past mark the furnishings. Each room is adorned with vintage black and white photographs cataloguing Hollywood’s social history dating back to the 1920’s. When you stay at The Walkabout, discover its delightful Art Moderne ambiance and see how its past has been preserved to its original beauty. The Walkabout is known for its remarkable beachfront setting and legendary Hollywood Beach, Florida hotel location - on the Broadwalk. Named one of America's best beach Broadwalks by Travel + Leisure, the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk is more than 2 miles long, sizzling with energy that embodies the diversity Hollywood Beach stands for - bustling sidewalk cafes, unique shops, multi-hued streamline Art Moderne buildings, and unforgettable ocean views. Step out from the Broadwalk and spend the day settled on white sands, by a glistening ocean on one of South Florida’s most beautiful beaches. Still, the most popular pastime on the beach is simply savoring the charming character of this truly unique setting, so reserve a day for relaxing to the sound of soothing waves. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your WalkAbout Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Walkabout Beach Hotel Hollywood
- Walk About Beach Hollywood