“The Best Hotel in Hollywood!”

WalkAbout Beach Resort
Ranked #12 of 72 Hotels in Hollywood
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I spend three nights at the walkabout in July with my husband and 14 year old son. The hotel, service, and views were beyond my expectation. I had the most amazing view of the ocean! The room was very clean and spacious. I did not cook but the room had a small kitchen and included all amenities. The hotel tiki bar served a variety of drinks from beer to cocktails. The staff were friendly and went out of their way to accommodate my family needs. I am looking forward to my stay at the walkabout next summer!

Room Tip: I stayed in room #5 on the second floor. This room has the best views!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Great small motel from the 50's. All redone to feel very much like home. Unbelievable view right on the beach and boardwalk. Great staff also. Tiki bar not so good. No name brand liquors, didn't even recognize names of the few bottles. Little to none on mixers. Stairs need railings.

Room Tip: Only 8 rooms. Room on north end probably the best. NO pool or restaurant. Is next door to the Marr...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The room was clean, and the staff were accommodating. The location was the best. You could walk right out to the beach, or stroll down the boardwalk. They have a tiki bar right outside and very convenient parking. Everything was awesome!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Tower Suite - Super sweet beach view
Overall: Positive, will return and recommend

Likes:
Price, View, Clean, Quiet, Location, Interior Design.

Dislikes:
Security-Anyone has access to all the property at night
Toilet flushed very slow but worked.
No door flags for maid service and surprise maid visits were frequent.

How would I change this hotel?
Could be made into a boutique hotel with security and personal attentive service.

Room Tip: 5 and 8 are the second floor tower suites, we were in 1 on first floor and just loved it. I wish I c...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I always use tripadvisor to make a decision when booking a hotel for the first time, and this is the first time I have been compelled to leave my own review. My family has been staying at hotel a few miles away for years, and this year we wanted a new hotel on the broadwalk. I am so happy about our choice. The view is amazing, every single staff member is a joy to speak with, and the rooms are clean and updated by small Hollywood hotel standards. My mom was worried about the tiki bar and the noise because I have a three year old, but it was charming, never too noisy, and such an added bonus. The rooms have everything you need with well equipped kithchens in the one bedroom suite (no oven). The Marriott next door is a great place to eat. You can rent comfy chairs and umbrellas on the beach right in front of the hotel. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Best view room 8 but you have to climb stairs
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SosaFamily
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This Hotel is literally on the Hollywood boardwalk about 10 steps from the sand. It's a small hotel with only 8 rooms, so don't expect all the amenities of a Hilton or Marriott but you get the feeling like you own a condo at the beach. We rented here for 4th of July weekend and it was amazing, we were able to see fireworks on the beach 15 steps from our front door. You can spend all day on the beach without having to worry about carrying all your stuff home or even up a large hotel. Restaurants and bars are all within walking distance, in fact the hotel even has a tiki-bar if you don't want to walk. The room was very modern and cozy, with a kitchenette, 1 bedroom and 1 sleeper sofa. 2 Flat Screen TVs, and free-wifi included.

The only cons really were that the hotel does not have an ice-machine to fill your cooler and the bar doesn't really provide much more than a small bag of ice, and secondly the AC in our living room did not cool as much as the bedroom AC. Could be because it was 98 degrees outside, but nonetheless its a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Go for the suite facing the ocean!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank A_Ruizcalderon
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We recently had the pleasure of staying at the Walkabout Beach Resort for a few days and we absolutely loved it! First location, right on the boardwalk with direct beach access. The rooms are beautiful, clean and well maintained. The rooms are large with plenty of space to move around, we stayed in a one bedroom with our teenage daughter and provided more than enough space for all of us and our luggage :-) Some of the reviews I had read complained a little about the bathrooms, but personally I thought it added to the charm. I simply loved the throw back motif of the hotel. I personally liked the tiki bar onsite, it was a great place to grab a drink, chat with the locals and relax, for those who might be worried about noise from the tiki bar, don't. It was never loud or rowdy, and they shut it down early out of respect for their guests. Honestly, I couldn't find anything bad to say about this place. We loved it and can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family