I was here for a business trip with a few co-workers but I would come back and stay for vacation. The hotel was funky and charming. Rooms were huge with a large living room and bedroom and a small kitchen. Views were unbelievable as the hotel is just steps from the beach with nothing obstructing the view. Just walk about 20 feet across the boardwalk and your toes are in the sand! The woman who took care of the rooms (Sherry) was super sweet and chatted with us for a while as we sat on the patio and enjoyed some drinks. She said she cleans the rooms as if they were her own house... and it showed. The rooms were immaculate. The beach was perfect for a morning walk with co-workers or an evening stroll with your sweetie. The only negative I can think of is that the bathroom was very small. But I would stay here again for sure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The WalkAbout Beach Resort is a cozy family-owned and operated hotel located ON THE BROADWALK in Hollywood Beach, Florida. Our boutique, 8-room hotel was built in 1950, and it is one of the last remaining beachfront hotels designed in the Art Deco style.Our guests enjoy a wide array of amenities that include: ocean front rooms, a large tiki bar in our courtyard, seating alongside the Hollywood broadwalk, scenic views of the beach, nearby shops and restaurants, free wifi, free cable, on-site washer/dryer, live music, and fresh linens daily. Our staff is extremely friendly and professional, and we are always nearby to assist with any special requests. Hollywood Beach is one of the premier beach destinations in the world. The city provides twenty-one lifeguard towers and eight first-aid stations. An icon of Art Moderne architecture on Hollywood Beach’s famed Broadwalk, The Walkabout Beach Resort, is a classic 1940’s boutique hotel. Those who have visited claim it has the perfect blend of characteristics: chic, warm and inviting, glamorous, and tastefully modernized.To experience The Walkabout Beach Resort, is to experience Hollywood Beach at its best. In keeping with its classic style, eight oceanfront guest rooms are immaculately styled with the elegance of another era – wooden and terrazzo floors, interiors with rich textures, soft pink monochromatic colors, and decorations with a nod to its illustrious past mark the furnishings. Each room is adorned with vintage black and white photographs cataloguing Hollywood’s social history dating back to the 1920’s. When you stay at The Walkabout, discover its delightful Art Moderne ambiance and see how its past has been preserved to its original beauty. The Walkabout is known for its remarkable beachfront setting and legendary Hollywood Beach, Florida hotel location - on the Broadwalk. Named one of America's best beach Broadwalks by Travel + Leisure, the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk is more than 2 miles long, sizzling with energy that embodies the diversity Hollywood Beach stands for - bustling sidewalk cafes, unique shops, multi-hued streamline Art Moderne buildings, and unforgettable ocean views. Step out from the Broadwalk and spend the day settled on white sands, by a glistening ocean on one of South Florida’s most beautiful beaches. Still, the most popular pastime on the beach is simply savoring the charming character of this truly unique setting, so reserve a day for relaxing to the sound of soothing waves. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your WalkAbout Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Walkabout Beach Hotel Hollywood
- Walk About Beach Hollywood