WalkAbout Beach Resort
$223
$68
Groupon.com
  • Breakfast included
Hollywood Beachside Boutique Suites(Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$87
  • Pool
Hollywood Beach Suite and Hotel(Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$108
Caribbean Resort by the Ocean(Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$100
$85
Priceline
  • Beachfront
Beach Rooms Inn - Hollywood Beach(Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$106
$99
Priceline
$231
  • Beachfront
$339
$319
All reviewstower roomstayed in room numberfabulous stayhighly recommend staying herecomforts of homenice tiki barliving roombroad walksmall kitchenlive musicbars and restaurantsking bedhollywood boardwalkfort lauderdalesherryveronicamarriott
Reviewed March 14, 2013

CLEAN and COMFORTABLE. I don't like giving the best kept secret away - but this place is truly the best on Hollywood Broadwalk. Quiet end of the beach much less touristy than the south end. Tiki bar is fun and has live music on Saturday. Quiet place to relax. Sherry keeps the place immaculate! I will keep returning every year.

Room Tip: The lower floor rooms are convenient to walk to the beach - but sometimes the people on the top floor can be noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at the WalkAbout Beach Feb 16-18, 2013. Although it was the coldest week imaginable, this little gem made my stay pleasurable. My room was spacious and directly faced the ocean. It was great having a kitchen (as I said it was cold) since I didn't feel like venturing right out in the morning for something to eat. The tiki bar and music was a plus as well. Staying here I enjoyed the opportunity to meet some of the locals, which I think adds something a little special to your stay. I would recommend this place. Although I was never able to find anyone in the office the entire staff was very friendly and helpful. Great little hotel on the beach.

Room Tip: You can go next door to the Marriott's restaurant or if you need to rent a car or print your boarding pass.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This was our second visit to the Walkabout, and we couldn't have been happier.
It is a perfect place for a get away.
It is Clean and has everything we need! I love the beach, so the location of this resort is perfect
for me! I can enjoy the view from the windows that surround the front room.
It is small and personable, which I love. There are bigger hotels on the beach, and I wouldn't even consider staying at any of them!
We hope to return next year, and hope to stay longer!!
Dennis and Jean

Room Tip: Room 8, the second floor, facing the ocean is my favorite!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying here in January. We were very happy to be staying at a smaller hotel instead of a high rise. The staff was very friendly, the rooms were clean and well-appointed and we even had a kitchen. We enjoyed meeting some locals and visitors at the tiki bar, and loved being able to walk right out onto the beach. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We enjoy smaller, boutique properties so after reading many reviews on TA I thought we would like the Walkabout and we definitely did. We were going on a cruise out of FLL so it was a great pre-cruise hotel. We arrived very late 11 pm and our room was open with the key waiting for us. The bartender from the Tiki Bar escorted us up to our room. We spoke to Gina prior to arrival so we knew exactly which room was ours.
We loved the spacious 2 room suite. So much nicer than a basic hotel room. I loved all the simple yet tasteful decorations. The bed was very comfortable, just what we needed after a long day of travel. The bathroom was small, but clean so who cares. They provide really nice tolietries and the towels were wonderful. Nice upgrated features.
I used the free wifi to finish up some work and it was great. It was secured so you just have to ask for the password. The beach chairs and towels are a great perk.
As many other reviewers have stated the hotel is located on the quieter end of the boardwalk but we liked that. It is a bit of a walk to most of the restaurants but it wasn't a big deal at all. The Marriott is located right next door if you want a quick bite, but it wasn't cheap and the food was just ok. If you need a cab you can always walk over to the Marriott as they have a cab stand available.
We were hoping to hang out at the Tiki Bar on Saturday night and listen to the band, but it started to rain. Oh well it is a reason to come back.
We did venture down the boardwalk a bit to Jakes Tacos and they had a great band. Food was pretty good.
My only negative is there is no elevator so getting the heavy suitcases up and down the steps was not great but really no big deal for us. However if someone is a bit older or unable to do steps it could be an issue.
If you are looking for a property that has great service with a nice, large suite, then you will be happy. If you are looking for a large properties with a restaurant, fitness center, etc this is not the place for you. We'll definitely be back. We loved it!

Room Tip: First floor would be ideal.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple