One of the best kept secrets in Hollywood! Located directly on a quieter section of the broadwalk, just a few steps from the beach. A beautiful ocean vista from turret style windows with bright sunshine throughout the day followed by the sound of waves & coastal breezes at night.
We LOVED the pink color of the hotel. Our suite was decorated with simple beach decor, some historical Hollywood photographs, large mirrors to enhance the lighting, window blinds, beach chairs, towels, and a few basic kitchen appliances...
Staff on site were all very pleasant, sociable and accommodating.
It is an older hotel, so the electric and hot water heater are not as one would expect in a larger new hotel,.... not really an issue unless you are looking to take a long hot shower or use more than a few appliances at once.
We only had one concern....A big downside for those travelers like ourselves that prefer open windows was the Tiki Bar located on site.
The noise and the smell of smoke from patrons was somewhat of a disappointment considering the price of our room. (There are wall AC units in both the bedroom and the common area of the suite, but unless its a humid off-season visit, they'd seem to take away from the simple aspect of enjoying the coastal breeze at a beachfront hotel, and they are a bit loud when turned on) Some may like the aspect of having a Tiki Bar on site, and it is quite a unique setting on the broadwalk, but for those like ourselves seeking quiet in the evenings (or even a family with young children), its definitely something to be aware of....
Our only suggestions for improvement would be to make the entire establishment (including the common areas & Tiki Bar ) NON SMOKING, and to limit the happy hour to early evening hours to enhance the tranquil location of this wonderful little boutique hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The WalkAbout Beach Resort is a cozy family-owned and operated hotel located ON THE BROADWALK in Hollywood Beach, Florida. Our boutique, 8-room hotel was built in 1950, and it is one of the last remaining beachfront hotels designed in the Art Deco style.Our guests enjoy a wide array of amenities that include: ocean front rooms, a large tiki bar in our courtyard, seating alongside the Hollywood broadwalk, scenic views of the beach, nearby shops and restaurants, free wifi, free cable, on-site washer/dryer, live music, and fresh linens daily. Our staff is extremely friendly and professional, and we are always nearby to assist with any special requests. Hollywood Beach is one of the premier beach destinations in the world. The city provides twenty-one lifeguard towers and eight first-aid stations. An icon of Art Moderne architecture on Hollywood Beach’s famed Broadwalk, The Walkabout Beach Resort, is a classic 1940’s boutique hotel. Those who have visited claim it has the perfect blend of characteristics: chic, warm and inviting, glamorous, and tastefully modernized.To experience The Walkabout Beach Resort, is to experience Hollywood Beach at its best. In keeping with its classic style, eight oceanfront guest rooms are immaculately styled with the elegance of another era – wooden and terrazzo floors, interiors with rich textures, soft pink monochromatic colors, and decorations with a nod to its illustrious past mark the furnishings. Each room is adorned with vintage black and white photographs cataloguing Hollywood’s social history dating back to the 1920’s. When you stay at The Walkabout, discover its delightful Art Moderne ambiance and see how its past has been preserved to its original beauty. The Walkabout is known for its remarkable beachfront setting and legendary Hollywood Beach, Florida hotel location - on the Broadwalk. Named one of America's best beach Broadwalks by Travel + Leisure, the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk is more than 2 miles long, sizzling with energy that embodies the diversity Hollywood Beach stands for - bustling sidewalk cafes, unique shops, multi-hued streamline Art Moderne buildings, and unforgettable ocean views. Step out from the Broadwalk and spend the day settled on white sands, by a glistening ocean on one of South Florida’s most beautiful beaches. Still, the most popular pastime on the beach is simply savoring the charming character of this truly unique setting, so reserve a day for relaxing to the sound of soothing waves. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your WalkAbout Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Walkabout Beach Hotel Hollywood
- Walk About Beach Hollywood