Pre-cruise to soak up the sun for three days and we found the "Best" little beach resort ever via the internet! This little resort is ranked #8 in all of Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood FL and it is our opinion, it should be rated #1, spotless very clean rooms. We caught a cab from FLL for $35.00 for two couples to the WalkAbout Beach resort, paid $20.00 more for our Rooms # 1 & 4 with a panaoramic view of the boardwalk and beach, was so worth it. Noree checked us in and then helped us 4 with our luggage, so sweet! Jesseen (sp) worked the Tiki Bar while we were there and we wanted to just keep her and take her home with us to Wyoming! She is the sweetest! Loved visiting with the local who stopped in daily at the Tiki Bar. Sheri in housekeeping, was always in the background, but always making sure we had everything we needed...and what a big welcoming smile we received everytime we encountered one another! Kitchenette offered the makings for coffee w/Coffee maker for our morning brew. We rented Cabanas for $26.00 for the day on the beach, even got to witness a wedding right on the beach! was a treat. Walking the boardwalk, stopping in at Tiki Bars, listening to the music by local musicians, shopping at the little shops/boutiques along the way was very relaxing and very safe! Many people walking, running, biking, skating all hours of the day with police present periodically! Ate at Nick's Bar and Grill two nights...very busy, the seafood was excellent! We will be sharing our discovery of this "little bit of paradise" with our families...5 stars no doubt! Leonard and Renee' ...Allen & Ruth
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The WalkAbout Beach Resort is a cozy family-owned and operated hotel located ON THE BROADWALK in Hollywood Beach, Florida. Our boutique, 8-room hotel was built in 1950, and it is one of the last remaining beachfront hotels designed in the Art Deco style.Our guests enjoy a wide array of amenities that include: ocean front rooms, a large tiki bar in our courtyard, seating alongside the Hollywood broadwalk, scenic views of the beach, nearby shops and restaurants, free wifi, free cable, on-site washer/dryer, live music, and fresh linens daily. Our staff is extremely friendly and professional, and we are always nearby to assist with any special requests. Hollywood Beach is one of the premier beach destinations in the world. The city provides twenty-one lifeguard towers and eight first-aid stations. An icon of Art Moderne architecture on Hollywood Beach’s famed Broadwalk, The Walkabout Beach Resort, is a classic 1940’s boutique hotel. Those who have visited claim it has the perfect blend of characteristics: chic, warm and inviting, glamorous, and tastefully modernized.To experience The Walkabout Beach Resort, is to experience Hollywood Beach at its best. In keeping with its classic style, eight oceanfront guest rooms are immaculately styled with the elegance of another era – wooden and terrazzo floors, interiors with rich textures, soft pink monochromatic colors, and decorations with a nod to its illustrious past mark the furnishings. Each room is adorned with vintage black and white photographs cataloguing Hollywood’s social history dating back to the 1920’s. When you stay at The Walkabout, discover its delightful Art Moderne ambiance and see how its past has been preserved to its original beauty. The Walkabout is known for its remarkable beachfront setting and legendary Hollywood Beach, Florida hotel location - on the Broadwalk. Named one of America's best beach Broadwalks by Travel + Leisure, the Hollywood Beach Broadwalk is more than 2 miles long, sizzling with energy that embodies the diversity Hollywood Beach stands for - bustling sidewalk cafes, unique shops, multi-hued streamline Art Moderne buildings, and unforgettable ocean views. Step out from the Broadwalk and spend the day settled on white sands, by a glistening ocean on one of South Florida’s most beautiful beaches. Still, the most popular pastime on the beach is simply savoring the charming character of this truly unique setting, so reserve a day for relaxing to the sound of soothing waves. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your WalkAbout Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Walkabout Beach Hotel Hollywood
- Walk About Beach Hollywood