“Only One Problem”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Indiana
“Only One Problem”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

My wife and I ate here for the first ime in a few years (since they moved from the old location) and were pleasantly surprised. We actually went back two days later. The first time we went, I ordered the grilled blackened grouper and it was the best I have ever had. My wife ordered the stuffed flounder and she loved it. When she tasted my grouper, she demanded that we go back a second time so she could get the grouper. We did, she did, and the grouper was just as good the second time - perfectly prepared and perfectly cooked. Our only complaint: the meals came with manhattan chowder (which was WAY too salty and tasted exactly like Campbell's vegetable soup). When we asked for New England clam chowder, we were charged the full price, not just the difference between Manhattan and New England. Their attitude is: "we don't care if you like Manhattan Chowder or not - you're getting it anyway. And even if you don't get it, you're paying for it!" I don't know why they do this - it put a damper on what would have been a perfect meal.

• Visited October 2012

“Wayyyyyy better than some reviews would indicate.”
Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

We were desperately searching for a restaurant in Daytona that had fresh seafood but wasn't a bar atmosphere and this was the ONLY one we found. We actually got a recommendation to go here from some other guests at our hotel. The food was above average and the portions were more than generous. The service was very attentive, granted there were only two tables in the dining room as they were about to close. We had fried shrimp and fried oysters and they were great, the complimentary fish dip was excellent, the fish chowder was ok a little salty but decent. The only thing I would suggest is definately using GPS , their sign is next to impossible to see in the dark.

“Try the smoke fish dip and clam chowder!”
Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

The captain's platter is great! Shrimp scallops and oysters are the best and our bar server was ex excellent!

Chicago
“Recommended as the Area's Best - Just OKAY”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

There was nothing wrong with the meal or the service; I guess it just boils down to where you have been and what you compare it to. We were told by several sources that this was the best seafood restaurant in the Daytona Beach area. Could be that is true. We didn't find one better during our week stay, but this is not the place that will knock your socks off.

• Visited July 2012
Ormond Beach, FL
“Excellent”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We went to Park's last night for dinner for the first time and it was wonderful. The fish dip and fish chowder were very good as well as my Orange Roughy. My husband had the scallops and said they were delicious. Service was great. We definitively will be back!

• Visited August 2012