“Do Not Stay Here, Its Cheap for MANY Reasons!!!!! BEWARE!!!!!!”

and 1 more site!
Holiday Hotel & Resort
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Holiday
Naples, Florida
“Do Not Stay Here, Its Cheap for MANY Reasons!!!!! BEWARE!!!!!!”
Reviewed May 23, 2010

This is the most Dirty, Disgusting, Rundown, Drug & Drunk infested rat traps I have ever seen. There was OLD Puke on the sidewalk right in front of the soda machines that you could not avoid when going to the parking lot from ANY room. Our smoke detector was off of the wall, on the shelf with the batteries removed. The Fire Extinguishers were no where to be found, the holders were empty. You could not see past the first step in the pool, was to dirty to consider using. Bought a can of Lysol to make sure the bed & sheets were safe to sleep on! Half of the staff did not speak English or was very broken. Grout in between tiles were black in our bathroom, and there was what looked like old puke on the bathroom walls. Pictures on website on NOT Accurate, No way it was renovated in 2009, The whole place looks like it will fall down with a strong wind. Places less then 5 miles away are Much Nicer. ITS not worth the savings! Afraid to leave valuables in room or in vehicle. Spent the whole trip (3 days) trying to avoid the hotel!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank UnhappyCustomer60

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
peters creek, alaska
Reviewed May 19, 2010

we stayed at the tahitian resort from may 9 to 17th. we came down to attend my daughters wedding. the hotel was great. people were awesome! helpful willing to do whatever we needed to make our stay great. highly recomend the hotel. we are traveling back to florida in november and will be staying at the hotel again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Michele P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I love to read stories that people had a great experience here. =)
Colonial Heights, Virginia
Reviewed April 29, 2010

Horrible place.. Our room was supossed to be non-smoking and it smelled like such. the roof was covered on dark fungus and it looked like they were trying to cover it up with primer. The bathroom was very small and the exhaust fan sounded like it was going to blow up every time we turned it on, since it was also the bathroom light. The comforters had cigarette burn holes on them and the first night we stayed in it, I ended up complaining because there were bed bugs on it (terrible). The bar was not bad, however, I am a light sleeper and the noises from the bar were very loud. I only used the pool once and did not get in because it was dirty.

That was not the worst thing... I got mistakenly overcharged another person's account which was way over what I was suposed to pay and was never notified. If it wasn't because I constantly monitor mi bank account I would have got scammed. It was a terrible experience and I would not recommend this to anybody!!!!! It might be cheap, but you also get what you pay for.. We even decided to leave early because of the hard time we had there.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FloridaNatives_10
Ossineke, Michigan
Reviewed March 9, 2010

We stayed at the Tahitian Resort for two and a half weeks while visiting friends and relatives. Upon our arrival at the motel, my wife looked around the room and immediately went out and bought a basket full of cleaning materials (she’s never done this before). She cleaned the bathroom, the toilet, the headboards, the furniture, the sink area, the telephone (very dirty - and we had to pull the bed out to connect it). Even though I had to sign a not pets clause at registration, my wife found dried dog food stuck to the carpet against the wall.

The bathtub had a water super saver showerhead which lengthened the shower time. But, the real problem was the lack of temperature control. The water temperature would go from the temperature set to ice water, then to burning hot (just short of scalding), then back to ice water, then back to the temperature set. Then the cycle would start all over. With each temperature change, I would run to the back of the tub. I usually spent more time in the back of the tub waiting for the temperature to change than I did under the shower water. It took a long time to take a quick shower.

The sheets felt funny the first night. My wife pulled the sheets off the bed the first morning and found the sheets worn thin and torn at my feet so my feet stuck through onto the mattress all night. My wife got replacement sheets from the room service people and made the beds herself to check for torn sheets. Then my wife started to launder the sheets herself.

About half way through our stay I noticed 7 blood spots, one of which was smeared, in about a two square foot area of the bottom sheet. Unmistakable evidence of bed bugs. I had seen bed bugs 40 years ago when I was in the military, in a hotel in northern Greece. At that point, my wife wanted to leave. I immediately checked the mattresses in our room and found no evidence of an infestation. The blood spots on the sheet had apparently come from another room. I know that bed bugs can be spread from room to room. So, from that day on my wife made the beds, exchanged towels, vacuumed the floor and would not let house service into our room.

I debated whether to discuss this with management, because I didn’t want the grief and I felt our room was not infested, and we were protecting ourselves. After much deliberation, I took the blood spotted bottom sheet to the front desk.

At first the desk manager refused to acknowledge the bed bug problem, even in the face of irrefutable proof on the sheet. The manager said that in the 4 years she had worked there, there had never been a complaint. Her attitude started to make me angry and I told her she had one now. She asked if I wanted another room and I told her no that I had checked and I didn’t believe my room was infested. She asked whether I had checked under the mattresses, and I told her I had. She didn’t seem to be concerned about the problem.

If no one has made a complaint, then they have a raging, uncontrolled bed bug problem in at least one room. The seven bed bugs killed by someone rolling on them means that many more were feeding. Someone was being eaten alive. Check your room.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank skiphess
Dallas, GA
Reviewed December 4, 2009

I was there and I had my kids. I called the guy from out of town. Some Indian guy. These new owners are just as bad. All the things I read in these reviews but worse.. I dropped my bags off the guy told me if i didnt like the room he would refund me. I went back with my 2 kids (I was on a trip to see my mother and had my two kids with me 8 and 11) and when I got back there the hotel was full of drunks and drug addicts and I refused to get out of the car and had to call the cops to get my baggage out. I had paid for 2 nights. He refused to give me my money back for the short time I was there and I ended up paying for another hotel elsewhere. Don't Go there unless you are a drug addict of course. Then thats the place for you.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank hglassberg
Canton, Michigan
Reviewed September 30, 2009

We were visiting a sick relative and this hotel was only a mile away and, despite the bad reviews, my sister who stayed there said it was OK. Definitely, this motel is way past its prime (1960?). It is run by a family from India where not all members speak English well or can be easily understood. Our room was relatively clean. The AC worked and so did the shower; very important in this heat. The pool area was not maintained daily but someone did eventually cleaned it (weekly?). The pool itself was clean and large (8ft deep at one end). Teh pop machine was out of service but the ice machine worked; also very important. The is a "seedy" restaurant/bar attached to the motel with very friendly staff and many 'fried" food offerings. There is a Dunkin Donuts nearby for breaksfast and good coffee. There is also a very nice walking path around a large pond nearby for an evening walk. It appears that the motel may be converting some of the rooms to "extended stay" since I noticed a refrigerator and microwave oven added to our room on our last day there. They have a computer and printer if you need to print out your boarding passes but in my case, the printer failed to work.

I would say that if you have a very limited budget; this hotel will provide a good night's sleep as well as a good pool to splash in. It appears that the owners are trying to update the motel but have limited investment money and have to do it very slowly.

Would I stay here again? Well my wife probably will suggest a known chain the next time we visit and there are a few on Hwy 19 but I would not disuade somebody that only has a few bucks to spend on a room; it was not all that bad.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed July 29, 2009

Unkempt all the way...depressing...no ice machine...smelt like smoke in the lobby when you walked in...body odor of attendants..room shabby...dark, dingey, very run down condition. We stayed there a few years ago and it was so, so, but now it's way worse.
Even the ice machine has been disassembled. Free breakfast....if you want to wait till nine a.m.,
Grass not cut, trees not trimmed, just RUN DOWN.....We only stayed because it's right across the street from where my Aunt lives, but next time we will find another place to stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mimiyvonne
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holiday
Magnuson Hotel and Marina New Port Richey
VISTA Hotel on Lake Tarpon
VISTA Hotel on Lake Tarpon
#2 of 3 in Palm Harbor
Hampton Inn & Suites Tarpon Springs

Been to Holiday Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!