“Tahitian Resort in Holiday Fl Needs To Be Condemned And Leveled”

and 1 more site!
Holiday Hotel & Resort
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Holiday
Holiday, Florida
“Tahitian Resort in Holiday Fl Needs To Be Condemned And Leveled”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

As a resident of Holiday, Fl we all know that the Taihitian Resort is falling a part and is such an eye sore. This place is unsafe and unhealthy. People have gone their to commit suicide and there are drug and prostitution activities going on there. The building should be condemned and destroyed! I gave it one star because that was the lowest I could give it. The Pasco Co Board of Commisioners should have it condemned and leveled as soon as possible for the safety of "guests" and the general public of the area.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank se s
Michele P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
I am sorry you were not happy with our hotel. Things have been changing for the better and once the renovations are done, I would love if you would come and stay with us again. We have had new owners since April 11,2012 and it has been non-stop working to make this place better than it once was.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed March 23, 2012

We arrived they screwed up our reservation... 2 fulls instead a king. Our room had outdated broken white washed furniture... Sparkled holes in the wall, nothing like photos!!! Staff was extremely rude and stupid. Dont waste your money!

• Stayed March 2012
6 Thank Siouxzane
I am sorry you were not happy with our hotel. However, I think you have us mistaken with some other hotel because we do not have white washed furniture. What the pictures show on here are what is in the rooms. I extend my apologies regardless.
SoCal
Reviewed November 23, 2011

After an all-night drive we were beat and needed a place to rest. Tahitian Resort? That sounds nice. Pulled in to the lot...hmmm, looks sketchy but decide to give it a shot anyway. Super-low rate for a room with 2 double beds. Uh-oh. Maybe it's an off-season price? We still hope. Get in the room. Oh my gosh. Kids, don't touch ANYTHING! Immediately checked the beds. Moved the mattress. BEDBUGS!! Checked the heck out of there! Do NOT let the nice-sounding name fool you, this is a DUMP! Run!

• Stayed November 2011
11 Thank TheMajorsWife
I apologize for your stay. I was not working here when you stayed here, but I will say it is not like that now. We have had a lot of problems with the old owners and they let the hotel be ran into the ground. We, however, have been working non-stop since April to fix up the rooms we have available and definitely fix the rooms that were not in use. This will be a better hotel once the new owner is done with all the renovations.
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 11, 2011

I went at night time around 2am the front desk was sleeping he sent me i n room where already some guest was sleeping so we came back he give us other key for room we went to the room it was very dark dirty bathroom was dirty i done through internet so non refunable so i stay there when in morning i went to frontdesk to complain the whole spanish family fighting like dogs it scare me 4 or five people no body give me any response so i went back to my haunted room then again evening i went to the front desk there was a very nice lady with smiling face i thought she own that business but she told me she work here which i dont belive she was vey nice and kind and change my room and feel sorry for every things according to me she is diamond in haunted hotel her kind words was short and easy to speak but her echoes are truly endless ,i told her the crazy fighting of spinish employee but she give me million doller smile wht a pretty lady i think she was from middle east but to me hotel shape is very bad and employee are very bad only that lady and night boy GOD BLESS THEM

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank tar t
I don't know who you are talking about since I have only been here since February 22, 2012 but, all of our employees now are just as helpful as the lady you are raving about. I would love if you would stay with us again.
Branford, Florida
Reviewed July 19, 2011

From the nice girl at the desk to the inability to open the door we were assigned to, the whole experience is one big fiasco. The walls, the doors have peeling paint....the atmosphere is "down in the dumps". The observed clientele is very low class and the long time maintenance man said it is "run down" from when we last stayed there in the 90's. The girl at the desk admitted SHE would not stay there and that the owners were interested in income without any outgo. We would be afraid of leaving our car unattended overnight and so we got a refund on our money and went elsewhere. What a shame, it used to be so 5 star. Now not even 1 star. The room we were assigned would not open so we returned with the key (card) to the front desk and the girl went with us and tried to open the door. Gee she said, I guess somebody already is in there!!!

Need I say more....

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank charly087
I have heard many, many stories like the one you just described. i am so sorry for your stay. All I can say is that we have new owners since April 11, 2012. Nothing but renovations being done. Please come check us out again.
Sharonville
Reviewed July 26, 2010

Terrible place. My family has been staying here for about the last 14 years since it is close to my wife's family. But this is the last time. It is too run down, very dirty, smelly and disgusting. We only stayed 2 days. After leaving, we found that an almost empty purse of my daughters had been removed from the room during the cleaning. We did not notice it until a couple days later because my daughter had unpacked it to use a different purse and had put it inside of a duffle bag. We know it was not left when we checked out because we double checked the room before leaving. Calls to the hotel resulted in them hanging up. I will never stay there again and advise you not to.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank spuckett1
I am so sorry. More often then not, I hear of stories like this. Our employee's do not go into your room unless you are there or are close by because of stories like these. All I can do it extend my apologies. I hope you will change your mind about us when our renovations are done.
Elmwood Park, New Jersey
Reviewed July 19, 2010

I have included some quotes from the Tahitian Resort website:
"Full breakfast service is available for your enjoyment" NO breakfast available, only a bar & grill
"Fitness equipment" Where????? I never found any!
"Restaurant(s) in hotel" Hardly a restaurant, more like a smoky bar that serves typical bar food.
"Daily maid service" Our 1st morning, there were clumps of hair on the shower walls. My daughter & I had not used the shower at that point, so it was not our hair! On the 3rd day after being out all day, we returned to find our room had not been serviced. Apparently, the gentleman thought I said "no Service" when I said "come back in 1 hour". The room was eventually serviced--clean sheets & towels--but no vacuuming, no cleaning the bathroom, etc.
"NO PETS AT POOL SIDE". so why was there a dog walking around the pool?
"Only registered guest are allowed in the pool." Care to explain the young girl who asked everyone she could find for a ride home on Tuesday night?
"Beautifully landscaped pool and sunbathing area" No one cleaned the pool during our 4-day stay. The sunbathing area was disgusting: plastic cups filled with cigarette butts, half-finished drinks left by the pool's edge, garbage in the shrubs (this was all there when we arrived, and remained there when we checked out).
Finally, the drain in the bathtub did not work. Within 2 minutes of a shower, I was standing in ankle-deep water.
Your resort has much potential: location, amount of rooms, a peautiful pool. CLEAN IT UP, make it more family-friendly (instead of drunken bikers).

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank dgstick
I am in the process of making a new website for us. It will be updated on a daily or weekly basis based on the traffic flow. The bar, restaurant or the fitness area are open because of renovations. Believe me it will be better once our construction is done. =)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holiday
Magnuson Hotel and Marina New Port Richey
VISTA Hotel on Lake Tarpon
VISTA Hotel on Lake Tarpon
#2 of 3 in Palm Harbor
Hampton Inn & Suites Tarpon Springs

Been to Holiday Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!