After an all-night drive we were beat and needed a place to rest. Tahitian Resort? That sounds nice. Pulled in to the lot...hmmm, looks sketchy but decide to give it a shot anyway. Super-low rate for a room with 2 double beds. Uh-oh. Maybe it's an off-season price? We still hope. Get in the room. Oh my gosh. Kids, don't touch ANYTHING! Immediately checked the beds. Moved the mattress. BEDBUGS!! Checked the heck out of there! Do NOT let the nice-sounding name fool you, this is a DUMP! Run!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Hotel and Resort is a one-hundred forty room hotel in Holiday/Tarpon Springs off the Gulf Coast of Mexico on Florida's Nature Coast in the Tampa Bay area. Deep-sea fishing, scuba diving, para-sailing, jet skis or boating are all options for enjoying the Gulf's warm waters. The hotel boasts a beautiful and tranquil seventy-five foot swimming pool, set in a tropical landscape with palms, flowers and plants. The town of Tarpon Springs is a historic town of Greek origin sometimes called the "Sponge Capital of the World." Shop in the open-air market of distinctive and quaint shops and enjoy different dining experiences. Watch local divers collect sponges. Bike, walk, roller blade or run the Pinellas Trail, a forty-two mile paved, scenic trail. Drive to a different beach every day or rent a Ski-Doo or boat and explore the beauty by water. Just thirty minutes to the east is Tampa and Busch Gardens, thirty minutes south is Clearwater and just forty-five minutes north is Weeki Wachee. The hotel is three miles from the Sponge Docks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tahitian Hotel Holiday
- Tahitian Hotel Tarpon Springs
- Best Western Tarpon Springs
- Tarpon Springs Best Western