“What a dump? There is no other way to describe this property...”

and 1 more site!
Holiday Hotel & Resort
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Holiday
Reviewed July 19, 2011

From the nice girl at the desk to the inability to open the door we were assigned to, the whole experience is one big fiasco. The walls, the doors have peeling paint....the atmosphere is "down in the dumps". The observed clientele is very low class and the long time maintenance man said it is "run down" from when we last stayed there in the 90's. The girl at the desk admitted SHE would not stay there and that the owners were interested in income without any outgo. We would be afraid of leaving our car unattended overnight and so we got a refund on our money and went elsewhere. What a shame, it used to be so 5 star. Now not even 1 star. The room we were assigned would not open so we returned with the key (card) to the front desk and the girl went with us and tried to open the door. Gee she said, I guess somebody already is in there!!!

Need I say more....

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank charly087
Michele P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

I have heard many, many stories like the one you just described. i am so sorry for your stay. All I can say is that we have new owners since April 11, 2012. Nothing but renovations being done. Please come check us out again.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Hotel & Resort

Reviewed July 26, 2010

Terrible place. My family has been staying here for about the last 14 years since it is close to my wife's family. But this is the last time. It is too run down, very dirty, smelly and disgusting. We only stayed 2 days. After leaving, we found that an almost empty purse of my daughters had been removed from the room during the cleaning. We did not notice it until a couple days later because my daughter had unpacked it to use a different purse and had put it inside of a duffle bag. We know it was not left when we checked out because we double checked the room before leaving. Calls to the hotel resulted in them hanging up. I will never stay there again and advise you not to.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank spuckett1

I am so sorry. More often then not, I hear of stories like this. Our employee's do not go into your room unless you are there or are close by because of stories like these. All I can do it extend my apologies. I hope you will change your mind about us when our renovations are done.

Reviewed July 19, 2010

I have included some quotes from the Tahitian Resort website:
"Full breakfast service is available for your enjoyment" NO breakfast available, only a bar & grill
"Fitness equipment" Where????? I never found any!
"Restaurant(s) in hotel" Hardly a restaurant, more like a smoky bar that serves typical bar food.
"Daily maid service" Our 1st morning, there were clumps of hair on the shower walls. My daughter & I had not used the shower at that point, so it was not our hair! On the 3rd day after being out all day, we returned to find our room had not been serviced. Apparently, the gentleman thought I said "no Service" when I said "come back in 1 hour". The room was eventually serviced--clean sheets & towels--but no vacuuming, no cleaning the bathroom, etc.
"NO PETS AT POOL SIDE". so why was there a dog walking around the pool?
"Only registered guest are allowed in the pool." Care to explain the young girl who asked everyone she could find for a ride home on Tuesday night?
"Beautifully landscaped pool and sunbathing area" No one cleaned the pool during our 4-day stay. The sunbathing area was disgusting: plastic cups filled with cigarette butts, half-finished drinks left by the pool's edge, garbage in the shrubs (this was all there when we arrived, and remained there when we checked out).
Finally, the drain in the bathtub did not work. Within 2 minutes of a shower, I was standing in ankle-deep water.
Your resort has much potential: location, amount of rooms, a peautiful pool. CLEAN IT UP, make it more family-friendly (instead of drunken bikers).

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank dgstick

I am in the process of making a new website for us. It will be updated on a daily or weekly basis based on the traffic flow. The bar, restaurant or the fitness area are open because of renovations. Believe me it will be better once our construction is done. =)

Reviewed July 16, 2010

The sheets hadn't been washed; the air-conditioner didn't work; and someone opened my door with an old pass key thinking I had gone out. The manager said the maid (his wife, I found out later) had made up the room but had missed the bed. But how had she made it if she missed it?

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank aejg

Although being at the front desk now. I did start in house keeping and I assure you the sheets are washed. I know with the older owners it was hard to tell or not. With our new owners we are slowly replacing everything from the sheets to the towels, to the soap and shampoo. I am sorry you were not happy please come see us again during or after all of our renovations.

Reviewed June 26, 2010

I had a long stay for business and payed up front for the whole month. Bad idea! I needed a small refrigerator, that they have in other rooms. I payed $540.00 up front. Not bad deal but bad owners. When asked for the fridge they said I didn't didn't even "pay enough for the light bill around here." Then why rent me the room! Rooms are bad and old.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank tmbman2000
Michele P, Manager at Holiday Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

All I can say is that we have new owners. He owns may local business' here in pasco, as well as some rental properties. We are here to accommodate you. What they should have done was asked when you checked in if you needed a microwave a refrigerator because you were stay a month, that is something I, myself would recommend to you. I am so sorry.

Reviewed June 24, 2010

When we walked into our room I heard a "scattering" noise. That should have been my first clue of how HORRIBLE this hotel is. The very torn carpet was black from dirt. The mattress were black as well. Not to mention that the sheets were torn and blood stained. And just when I thought it couldn't get any worse I walked into the most disgusting bathroom I have ever set foot in. We were out of there within minutes, how ever the manager didn't want to give us our money back! We got it though after some time. This is the WORST hotel ever!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank KADKAM
Reviewed May 23, 2010

This is the most Dirty, Disgusting, Rundown, Drug & Drunk infested rat traps I have ever seen. There was OLD Puke on the sidewalk right in front of the soda machines that you could not avoid when going to the parking lot from ANY room. Our smoke detector was off of the wall, on the shelf with the batteries removed. The Fire Extinguishers were no where to be found, the holders were empty. You could not see past the first step in the pool, was to dirty to consider using. Bought a can of Lysol to make sure the bed & sheets were safe to sleep on! Half of the staff did not speak English or was very broken. Grout in between tiles were black in our bathroom, and there was what looked like old puke on the bathroom walls. Pictures on website on NOT Accurate, No way it was renovated in 2009, The whole place looks like it will fall down with a strong wind. Places less then 5 miles away are Much Nicer. ITS not worth the savings! Afraid to leave valuables in room or in vehicle. Spent the whole trip (3 days) trying to avoid the hotel!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank UnhappyCustomer60
Also consider these accommodations in or near Holiday
Fairfield Inn & Suites Holiday Tarpon Springs
VISTA Hotel on Lake Tarpon
VISTA Hotel on Lake Tarpon
#2 of 3 in Palm Harbor
Homewood Suites by Hilton Tampa-Port Richey

Been to Holiday Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!