“Sauerbraten Wunderbar, Black Forest Cake needs cherries!”

The German Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 40 Restaurants in Holiday
Cuisines: German
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Cute old fashioned family type German restaurant. We both ordered Sauerbraten with red cabbage and Spaetzle noodles. It doesn't get better than this in Germany folks...delicious. German music was playing in the background, the staff was speaking German, and it was a great experience...until we ordered dessert. The black forest cake is supposedly home made there. It was over four dollars a piece and the layer of cherries was paper thin. I found one cherry in the layer, my wife two. At least they used plenty of whipped cream. So, for that reason only four instead of five stars, but if you order some other dessert you might find it five star deserving!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Great food Owners are from Germany Something unique to find in Fl with all the chain restaurants Check it out!

1  Thank SES71
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I am sorry to have to write this ,Friends of mine and I went to the German Restaurant in Holiday
We went for the early bird dinner , they where short staffed so we had to wait a long time for service, but she was very friendly and apologetic .The early bird dinner menu is limited so I had the pork roast with dumpling and red cabbage, my girlfriend ordered from the regular menu , she had the lobster bique soup and liver and her husband had the Jaeger schnitzel. I am a Chef and cooked in Germany for 7 years , so I am qualified for what I am about to write.
The bisque soup was served in a very attractive unique way with a burning candle to keep it warm. I of course had a taste of what was a pink thick gravy like with little pieces of lobster ?
it had a very strong Maggie taste . her liver however was perfect.Her husband had the Jaegerschnitzel . A Schnitzel that was covered with a white gravy and mushroom flavor,the spaetzle looked like they came out of a box , again the gravy was clearly a maggie or Knorr mix.
he did not finish his dinner .
My roasted schweinebraten was not rosted but 2 small bland pieces of pork smothered with a thick brown gravy , the dumpling was a miniature , the size of a small plum ,was it specialy made for the early birds ?the plate was almost $10 , I did expect a regular size dumpling. it was served with a salad that came with a pink dressing , no clue what it could have been.- All in all , I would be ashamed to serve food like this . But this is not my first experience with bad German food.I am sorry to write this but at 6AM the next morning I got sick with stomach cramps and I threw up , and my face was covered in red blotches....must have been a reaction to some preservative ....and no I would never go there again . Again My apologies .

Reviewed April 6, 2013

This is by far the best German restaurant I have found outside Germany. My wife and I enjoyed the food and the friendliness that the staff and owners showed. Great place.

1  Thank Palars
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This was our first visit to this restaurant. We were greeted warmly by the owners and staff and because we had our pet dog with us, we were seated on the front lanai. The table was set for us and our dog was given a bowl of water. Sevice was excellent and we were not disappointed with the selection or quality of the food. The Bavarian fare is as good, as any of the best we have experienced in Germany and Austria. Even though we did not eat in the dining room, we had a look see inside. The interior easily reminded us of our experiences in Europe and it could have been placed in any countryside setting there. The German Restaurant is worthy of it's Golden Spoon Award given by Florida Trend magazine, and it's rating of one of the top 500 restaurants in Florida. We greatly look forward to our next visit.

1  Thank MrsFeckner